Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2012, 11:23   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Shell petrol bunk on Bannerghatta road, after Meenakshi mall. I've been filling fuel there for as long as I can remember, with all my bikes and cars, and never had any problems. The staff are very courteous, never attempt to distract or cheat. Since it is a little away from the hustle and bustle of the city, there is hardly any crowd or queue for the fuel filling / air pressure checks.

I think the all shell outlets offer good customer care. I have filled up at multiple shell locations in bangalore and the quality,quantity,service is at par in all the stations.

Can you tell what is the price of petrol at shell outlets currently?
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 11:26   #467
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I think the all shell outlets offer good customer care. I have filled up at multiple shell locations in bangalore and the quality,quantity,service is at par in all the stations.

Can you tell what is the price of petrol at shell outlets currently?
The last time I filled petrol for my linea (which was almost a month ago), it was 77.xx for super unleaded, if i remember correctly. Regular petrol was 73.xx.
Old 30th January 2012, 11:31   #468
BHPian

Company - HP
Location - Kormanagala 80ft Road. After maharajah junction while coming from Sony World
Name - Sri Sathya Ssai Fuels

I have been filling petrol here for quite some time and experience has been good. Today I feel they tried to cheat me. I came with my bike and was told to go to pump 2. Went there, attendant came and asked for Amount of fuel required. I asked for 600 rupees.

he fed amount in machine and took nozzle and said check zero. I checked and he then started filling petrol. Everything good till 300rs. At 300rs another attendant comes and asks for cash or card. I had my card ready and handed it over. Normally I do not talk until they pump in all the fuel but today this just starts saying something like do you have to give pin, you have i-mint etc. I say no and look back at meter.

Surpise as it's reset. This guy motions me to move forward and said done. I am sure they are cheating me. So I move park my bike and go back.

Me - Give me slip.
A1 - here it is. (It's a handwritten slip)
me - Give me electronic slip from machine.
A1 - Sir no electricity
me - Give me electronic slip from machine.
A1 - (gives in) here it is

This slip is for 486 rupees only.

Me - what is this ? where is remaining ?
A1 - Sir, no electricity.
Me - give me remaining ?
A1 - Sir, Wait.

Finally he dispensed remaining 114 rs petrol. I shut the tank and on way to office smiling.
vivek.ks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 11:49   #469
Distinguished - BHPian

@Good catch, Vivek. Wonder how did his machine run without electricity.

May be better to ask him to start filling & you will tell him when to stop ?

Last edited by condor : 30th January 2012 at 11:50.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 12:26   #470
Team-BHP Support

That 'no electricity' interruption is a common ploy that was used at the legendary (for cheating) Marenahalli HP petrol bunk near Jayanagar 4th T block. That bunk was now demolished recently.

Another common prank is if you ask for full tank, they stop at 100 or 200 and say they didn't hear you properly. Later someone distracts you asking cash/card and this filler guy continues from 200 Rs. to full tank, but in the end they bill you for full tank + 200 Rs. This happened on my p220 once and I challenged him to prove how he could fill 200 Rs. worth of fuel (3L of fuel) more than my tank capacity of 15 litres!

Last edited by KarthikK : 30th January 2012 at 12:28.
Old 16th February 2012, 09:24   #471
BHPian

Recently I tried shell, found it a bit over the top at 61.50/litre of diesel. +15/litre was too much even for a Laura.

Could someone help with names of trustworthy Fuel stations along the Kengeri-Nagarbavi-Peenya route. Thanks in advance.
Old 20th February 2012, 11:49   #472
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Since I do not have access to post in Team BHP directory, posting it here - this should ideally go to the Petrol pumps section in Bangalore. The Indian Oil petrol pump at the ORR - Hennur road intersection seems to be having some attendants cheating. I saw the attendant insert his pen and fiddling in the pump while filling up petrol and when he saw me noticing it, he was full blush and acting caught... I was in a hurry, so I had to leave...
Felt sorry was not able to inform the owner of the car before he left and I saw BHP sticker in the car too...it was an i10 if I remember correctly and the time was around 11:30 AM on Sunday Feb 19th. Whoever you are, please beware of the pump and make sure to get down and watch when filling in at any filling station.
Avoid this pump at any cost.

-G

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th February 2012 at 16:35. Reason: Post moved to appropriate section. Next time, please do a quick search :)
Old 24th February 2012, 22:20   #473
BHPian

Gas Station: HP Gas Station
Location: SH17, when coming from Mysore, on the right-side just before NICE Rd on-ramp.

Driving back to Bangalore, after a weekend at Coorg, I decided to fill up at this station before getting on the NICE Rd. The station was empty except for 4 attendants huddled together in one corner. Seeing my car, one fellow stands up but is waved down by another who seems like the leader of the group. The Leader instead motions to another attendant, who I'll call Rookie, to attend to me.

I park, switch off the engine and step out of the car. Both Leader and Rookie are standing ready, awaiting my order. I loudly and clearly state to them, "Normal Diesel, 500 Rupees" and also motion "5" with my hand.
The Rookie nods his head, "Ok Sir". He shows me Zero, I concur and he starts pumping.
As I stand watching the number zip by, the Leader steps in to block my field of vision and asks, "Sir, glass cleaning?"
I smile and reply, "No".
Before I can move my gaze around him and back at the meter, he steps in and asks something which sounded like, "HP Pine Card? Sir, HP Pine Card?"
I ask back, "What?"
He repeats, "HP Pine Card, Sir? HP Pine Card?"
I shot back "No".
I step around Leader and find that Rookie has already finished dispensing fuel and is about to put the nozzle back. I look at the meter and find it at 200 rupees. I block the Rookie and say, "500 rupees! 500 !!!"
The Rookie looks at me as though I am speaking Martian. The Leader, now acting like a jolly good fellow, loudly instructs the Rookie "Ayyyyy.. 500, 500! 200 alla", and exits the scene.
Rookie does some apologetic head-shaking, resets the meter, shows me Zero (by now I remember this Thread and am fully on guard) and proceeds to fill up the remaining 300 without further incident.

I am not sure whether the Rookie actually heard me wrong or whether he messed up the trick to my advantage. However, I'm thankful for seeing the meter reading when the Rookie stopped at 200!
If you are visiting this gas station, please be on your guard.
Old 24th February 2012, 23:49   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajidclt View Post
Btw, has anyone filled at the new Shell bunk on Kanakapura road (around a km before NICE road junction). I had earlier read about complimentary windshield washes at Shell bunks on this thread and was surprised not to receive one. I was under the impression that it is a norm at all Shell bunks.
It used to be the norm at all Shell bunks that they would ask if you wanted a windshield wash. For the past three months or so I have been using the Shell pump on OMR (opposite RMZ Infinity) and have never once been asked if I wanted a windscreen wash. Once, because I was on my way back to Coorg, I asked them to do so and they cleaned it.

It seems that these days they either have too many vehicles to attend to or are understaffed. I only hope it is not that they are now disinterested in providing the service they used to.

Diesel at any Shell pump is like 60 odd these days, making it about 15 rupees more than PSU pumps. Petrol is about 1 or 2 rupees more so I don't mind the difference, but diesel is not worth it
Old 6th March 2012, 12:23   #475
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miel View Post
I am not sure whether the Rookie actually heard me wrong or whether he messed up the trick to my advantage. However, I'm thankful for seeing the meter reading when the Rookie stopped at 200!
If you are visiting this gas station, please be on your guard.
I'm shocked that this happened to you at a Shell pump. This was a trick a few PSU pumps used to use to cheat customers. Glad to know that you were not a victim of it. I have stopped visiting Shell pumps once fuel prices were deregulated and once I found a trustworthy PSU pump close to home.
Old 6th March 2012, 14:18   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
I'm shocked that this happened to you at a Shell pump. This was a trick a few PSU pumps used to use to cheat customers. Glad to know that you were not a victim of it. I have stopped visiting Shell pumps once fuel prices were deregulated and once I found a trustworthy PSU pump close to home.
gpa, Miel was referring to his account at the HP outlet not shell, i guess you got confused with pganapathy post

-Sajan
Old 6th March 2012, 15:20   #477
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
gpa, Miel was referring to his account at the HP outlet not shell, i guess you got confused with pganapathy post
Apologies, I did get confused.
Old 6th March 2012, 19:17   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
If you are ok with HP, then use the HP bunk on Sarjapur Road, after the new Mantri project and Wipro. I regularly fill both my Ikon as well as the Scorp from there and have had no issues till now. I once had an issue where my credit card was swiped twice, but it was a genuine mistake, and i was refunded the amount on the spot in cash.
I have been using this pump for the past 6 months and find the service pretty good. The owner is usually present around the fuelling pumps and closely monitors what is going on. No billing issues so far.
kutts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 19:12   #479
BHPian

Hey guys,

Any pointers on where to fill petrol in Banaswadi area? There is a BP bunk near the outer ring road signal and also a HP bunk near the Banaswadi Fire station. Any reviews?
Old 20th March 2012, 19:55   #480
BHPian

>>>

I will be visiting Bangalore for a few days. I need a recommendation on a good, reliable pump for plain diesel around the Ginger Hotel area in Whitefield. A BPCL COCO will be preferred.

Regards
issigonis

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks