Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2012, 23:18   #541
BHPian

Yes AFAIK ive seen many tempos there. And usually when you buy a ford vehicle they give you a coupon for 5 litres fuel to be filled from that pump. So i guess that includes diesel. Some mercedes suv also fills up from that pump. Havent checked since the past month though.
Old 17th May 2012, 13:44   #542
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

My colleague witnessed a cheating episode in the IOC petrol pump on Bull temple road yesterday evening. She was waiting in her two wheeler behind an MP registered Maruti Alto. The driver of the alto had asked for petrol worth Rs. 1200. The attendant (let us call him Attendant A) typed in 1200 in the preset meter and started filling. In between, my friend had noticed that he had stopped filling when the meter was around Rs 956 but did not take out the pipe from the car’s fuel tank. Simultaneously, another attendant (Attendant B) approached the driver and gave him some kind of lucky draw coupon, requesting him to fill the same. While the driver was busy filling the coupon, attendant B briskly walked to the other side of the unit and pulled some lever. The meter which was at 956 now jumped directly to 1200 ! Attendant A who was filling the petrol then showed the meter to the driver who acknowledged, gave the cash and the filled lucky draw coupon and drove off happily without any hint that he was cheated of around 240 Rs!

My friend who witnessed the entire incident chose not to make any issue there as the person who had been cheated already had left the pump. Moreover she was alone at that point of time and did not want to risk any kind of confrontations.
sandsun7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 15:44   #543
BHPian

sandsun,

It is very true what your friend has seen. I have seen something like a small push button and not a lever in a pump on the main road of Uttarahalli. This was more advanced in technology !! Me and friend had had a great brawl with pump owner when they tried to cheat my friend. We ensured we got the proper fill for the money we paid.
Old 17th May 2012, 16:13   #544
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This is an excellent pump, absolutely no doubt about it. The people there are always extremely courteous. This experience with them on my part has been the same since 2008 - whenever I do go that side. The namaste and pleasant smiles are specific to this particular bunk and unfortunately not a standard across all HPCL bunks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I drove into MATS Fuel Park (the HPCL pump near Cosmos Mall, ITPL rd) and was pleasantly surprised to see every attendant greeting vehicles with a namaste a la Shell attendants.

Is this across all HPCL pumps or just specific this pump?

Normal petrol still at Rs. 73.52/litre thankfully.
Old 17th May 2012, 18:35   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan
This is an excellent pump, absolutely no doubt about it. The people there are always extremely courteous. This experience with them on my part has been the same since 2008 - whenever I do go that side. The namaste and pleasant smiles are specific to this particular bunk and unfortunately not a standard across all HPCL bunks.
I have also experienced the courtesy at Mats, had been a regular customer for about 2 years. I haven't had any bad experience with quantity or quality , but have heard from couple of people about their bad experiences. Since then , been filling at Shell or the IOC one near bellandur. Now i guess i can resort to MATS for my needs again.
Old 17th May 2012, 19:02   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
How about the bp just diagonally opp to Honeywell 2
I have not tried that one, or any other on Bannerghatta Rd (I dont come beyond IIM-B much).

If you need Petrol, there could be a Shell further up on Bannerghatta Rd, closer to NICE road junction.
Old 17th May 2012, 19:30   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Do you mean to say that third one is the worst . How about the bp just diagonally opp to Honeywell 2
If you meant the BP between Honeywell (Symbiosys) and Hulimavu Gate, I would rate it good. Never had any problems with them, but some people have reported quality issues. Have been filling from there from 2006 and they never tried any cheap tricks or had any problem with the fuel quality. Both my petrol and diesel cars are running fine (Touchwood).

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If you need Petrol, there could be a Shell further up on Bannerghatta Rd, closer to NICE road junction.
The Shell is just before Gottigere, on Bannerghatta road, when you travel towards Bannerghatta. That's also a good one, used to fill petrol in my Santro there. But now stopped as I didn't find any significant difference to justify the price.
Old 17th May 2012, 21:38   #548
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
I have not tried that one, or any other on Bannerghatta Rd (I dont come beyond IIM-B much).

Yes there is a shell bunk near the NICE road exit from Gottigere village area. And it is a good bunk. I filled Diesel once in that bunk on a visit to the National Park. Decent blokes.
Old 18th May 2012, 13:24   #549
Senior - BHPian

An interesting thing I noticed in couple of HPCL pumps mainly one near Maharaja restaurant Koramangala 4th Block & One near Chandra Layout on the 4th Main road, they suddenly dont seem to be stocking Diesel anymore. I checked more than once whenever passing through these areas. Not sure why, is it due to the size of the pump which is quite small.
Old 18th May 2012, 21:04   #550
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Yes there is a shell bunk near the NICE road exit from Gottigere village area. And it is a good bunk.
This bunk saved me the other day. One the way back from Hubli I broke at Kamat Dobbaspet on NH4 and the IOC bunk there had only diesel.
So I pushed further hoping to find a bunk and all were on the other side.

And without finding one, I took to NICE road. I hoped I could make it to Hosur road all the way. But was forced exit out to Bannerghatta road.
Good I found this Shell. I could tank-up.

No bunks on NICE road is very difficult. Which says that they should put good bunks at the exits at least. And they should be at both sides;
on the city side as well as on the highway side.

Last edited by ampere : 18th May 2012 at 21:09.
Old 18th May 2012, 21:20   #551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
This bunk saved me the other day. One the way back from Hubli I broke at Kamat Dobbaspet on NH4 and the IOC bunk there had only diesel.
OT, but next time in such situations, you could try going into towns like Sira for an emergency dosage. If necessary, a second shot as you go further, till you get a good bunk. Logic is that the quality is un-known, so better to fill smaller quantities, just enough to get you to a good bunk.

These small towns are quick to get in & exit, unlike bigger towns like Davangere etc.
Old 19th May 2012, 23:40   #552
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
OT, but next time in such situations, you could try going into towns like Sira for an emergency dosage.
That is the issue Condor. I typically re-fill at about 30% remaining.
At Dobbaspet it was perfect. I had this in mind and had planned accordingly.

In fact when I passed through BP at Sira Kamat I was at about 50%. Hence did not want to re-fill.
It was unfortunate that IOC at Dobbaspet only had diesel. Else I would not have been in such a situation.

Last edited by ampere : 19th May 2012 at 23:41.
Old 1st June 2012, 19:33   #553
Senior - BHPian

A very strange thing happened to me today when I went to my usual petrol pump for refueling.

I asked the attendant to fill petrol worth Rs 500. He entered Rs 500, I checked zero reading and then petrol worth Rs 500 was filled in my car.

But even after filling Rs 500 worth of petrol (more than 6 litres, even after the recent price hike), the fuel indicator needle of my i10 didn't move even by a millimeter. (Normally the fuel indicator needle rises in a noticeable manner after filling Rs 500 worth of fuel). It was as if the dispenser showed fuel filling, but the fuel was not dispensed at all.

I brought this to the notice of the petrol pump supervisor and insisted that they dispense 5 litres in the standard measuring can. They did so without any problem and the same dispenser dispensed exactly 5 litres of petrol in the measuring can. This 5 litres of petrol was then filled in my car, using a funnel. After filling this 5 litre of petrol, the fuel indicator needle moved as expected.

I strongly suspect that no fuel was filled first time, even though the dispenser showed that fuel is being filled. Is it technically possible ?

This is my second bad experience with this petrol pump (Indian Oil pump opposite passport office near NGV).

Please suggest another trusted pump in Koramangala.

Rohan
Old 1st June 2012, 19:53   #554
Distinguished - BHPian

@Rohan, How old is the car ? There is a possibility that the fuel gauge / sensor inside the tank had a momentary error. Try your normal process a couple of more times & see if the error repeats
Old 1st June 2012, 20:08   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Rohan, How old is the car ? There is a possibility that the fuel gauge / sensor inside the tank had a momentary error. Try your normal process a couple of more times & see if the error repeats
The car is approximately 3 years / 15k kms old. Everything, including the fuel gauge, works properly.

I normally refill when the fuel gauge needle is at the half mark. On filling Rs 500 worth of petrol, it normally used to go from half mark to 3/4th mark. But today it just stayed at the half mark even after filling Rs 500 worth of petrol. It was as if no fuel was actually dispensed.

Even I thought that the fuel gauge is misbehaving. So I moved the car slightly to park it at the corner of the petrol pump, switched on/off the ignition several times. But the needle didn't move from half mark. And finally when the petrol was filled in the car from the 5 litre container using a funnel, the fuel gauge moved as expected.

I know I have been cheated, but can't figure out how.

Rohan

Last edited by rohan_iitr : 1st June 2012 at 20:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks