Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2012, 11:49   #586
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
I am new to driving in Bangalore and equally so to filling fuel here!!i am shocked to read this thread and the malpractices going on here!!

i live near Whitefield and i recently filled up from this pump.it was a good experience except that i filled diesel and paid much more per litre than the regular pumps!!
That is because Shell is not govt owned Oil Marketing Company, so they don't sell subsidized fuel. What you paid is the actual market price without subsidy
Old 23rd July 2012, 20:29   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I've been filling petrol at this pup over the last 2 years. Never noticed anything wrong! The dude puts in the dispenser, puts it to auto cutoff and leaves. At the end I get an automated bill. Its been the same since the last two years every single time. What malpractices are we talking about here?
Were you referring to my post?i did not mention any malpractice there my friend!!go through it once again!!
Old 23rd July 2012, 23:28   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Were you referring to my post?i did not mention any malpractice there my friend!!go through it once again!!
Ah I guess I read it wrong. I guess you were referring to usual malpractices and not malpractices at shell .
Old 24th July 2012, 21:53   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Ah I guess I read it wrong. I guess you were referring to usual malpractices and not malpractices at shell .
Actually it was a blunder from my side!! i filled diesel without realizing that the price of shell diesel is Rs. 60.50!!much more than the subsidized diesel!!
Old 15th August 2012, 07:13   #590
BHPian

I filled regular diesel yesterday from the IOC COCO @ Koramangla, had been filling diesel from IOC in Vijaya Bank layout for about a month now (my car is a month old i20 Crdi), I must say, after filling up from the COCO and driving my car for about 5+kms I started to feel the difference, the engine clatter reduced and the car was driving much smoother and I could notice the change in the pickup when driving in low gears at around 1500-1800rpm.

Although they tried their antics on me, but, I had my eyes glued to the meter, there diesel seems to be good so far!!

I also have 1 question for the guru's! The density of diesel on the dispenser was reading somewhere arnd 460-470!! Is that okay?

Cheers
Shrey
Old 15th August 2012, 08:20   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
The density of diesel on the dispenser was reading somewhere arnd 460-470!! Is that okay?
The density is not being displayed correctly. I think it should be at about 825.
The dispensing pump would also have LED indicator that shows if the density is valid or in-valid. You could check the status of this LED with the displayed density

Last edited by Eddy : 18th August 2012 at 09:09.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 20:57   #592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
I filled regular diesel yesterday from the IOC COCO @ Koramangla....

Although they tried their antics on me, but, I had my eyes glued to the meter, there diesel seems to be good so far!!...
Where exactly is this pump ? And I always thought that the COCO employees don't resort to any kind of antics!!
Old 16th August 2012, 21:22   #593
BHPian

I've been filling up at Shell Petrol bunk on Varthur road. I feel that this petrol is better than even the one at Shell petrol bunk whitefield.
Old 17th August 2012, 14:35   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Any recommendations for good petrol bunks near Kasturinagar (East of NGEF) ?
I used to use BP (near BWSSB water tank - Kasturi Nagar 1st Main road) regularly. No real complaints.

Nowadays go to Shell OMR (near Big Bazaar) for cleaner petrol. Price wise minimal difference.
Old 17th August 2012, 21:00   #595
Senior - BHPian

I fill regular diesel from Sathya Sai Keerthi IOC dealer, JP Nagar 3rd phase from last 3 years. Quality and quantity is good and they always set to 0 before filling even if we do not look at the meter and are prompt guys.
Old 18th August 2012, 07:58   #596
BHPian

If approaching Sony signal from Madivala, take a left turn at the signal, 500m from there on the left you would find this IOC bunk.

Yes, even I agree with you that COCO employees are not supposed to try any antics and that's the reason all of us here on tbhp are so mad about COCO's but this one bunk is a little different!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Where exactly is this pump ? And I always thought that the COCO employees don't resort to any kind of antics!!
ssjr0498 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 14:37   #597
BHPian

CASHLESS CARD FROM SHELL

Shell have come up with cashless cards which covers lubricants and the C store.
Old 12th September 2012, 08:47   #598
BHPian

Just came back after a tankful for my bike from DM and sons. Auto cutoff didnt work, luckly the operator guy was there and he turned the machine off. Almost half liter petrol spilled out. He cleaned the entire petrol tank and reduced 50rs from the total bill.
Old 17th September 2012, 15:30   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
If you are ok with HP, then use the HP bunk on Sarjapur Road, after the new Mantri project and Wipro.
Friend, is this the one on the left side beside the nasty hump when en route from the wipro sarjapur office towards sarjapur circle?

Any other recommendations for a good pump in that locality for diesel? Anywhere near the Wipro Sarjapur ofice. A friend new to this town has settled in Sarjapur and recently brought in his diesel mill (fiat punto active). I alerted him about the tricksters in uniform at the pumps.
Old 17th September 2012, 15:47   #600
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
Friend, is this the one on the left side beside the nasty hump when en route from the wipro sarjapur office towards sarjapur circle?

Any other recommendations for a good pump in that locality for diesel? Anywhere near the Wipro Sarjapur ofice. A friend new to this town has settled in Sarjapur and recently brought in his diesel mill (fiat punto active). I alerted him about the tricksters in uniform at the pumps.
This bunk is the one which comes on the left as you proceed from the Wipro HQ on Sarjapur road, towards Sarjapur. This is just after the Sunny Brooks gated community, new Mantri project and beside the new DSR group project.

I've been using the services of this bunk for about 2 years now, for both my Scorpio as well as petrol Ikon. Just be careful for genuine mistakes when paying with the credit card, but otherwise have had no issues with fuel quality or quantity.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks