Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2012, 20:38   #601
MHG
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
I filled regular diesel yesterday from the IOC COCO @ Koramangla, had been filling diesel from IOC in Vijaya Bank layout for about a month now (my car is a month old i20 Crdi), I must say, after filling up from the COCO and driving my car for about 5+kms I started to feel the difference, the engine clatter reduced and the car was driving much smoother and I could notice the change in the pickup when driving in low gears at around 1500-1800rpm.

Although they tried their antics on me, but, I had my eyes glued to the meter, there diesel seems to be good so far!!

I also have 1 question for the guru's! The density of diesel on the dispenser was reading somewhere arnd 460-470!! Is that okay?

Cheers
Shrey
Thanks for the post. I read this post the day before the following incident and had a strange feeling that something like this could happen to me as well. This happened last friday (14th September, 2012) - I wasn't able to post it here till now because I had post count below 25.

I was on my way home after picking my sister up from Jayanagar 3rd Block and it was evening. The roads were totally jammed due to the BMTC strike (everyone brought their cars/bikes out). I decided to fill up at the huge fuel station I saw on the way back near BTM Layout on Outer Ring Road (Advaita Petrol Bunk). I asked the attendant to fill the tank completely. Before he started filling I explicitly asked him to reset the machine to zero because it hadn't been reset. He obliged and started filling and the bill came to Rs. 659.97. He reset the machine and when I gave him my card he charged me 670.60 saying that was the bill amount. I asked for a printed receipt and he said the machines vending petrol for 2-wheelers didn't have them and gave me a written receipt and was rude when I told him the bill amount was 660. I stormed to the manager's cabin, called him out and shouted at him asking for an explanation as to why such a huge fuel station does not have printed bills facility. He said I should've filled up at the station for cars instead. I told him that I'd been overcharged and asked for proof that it was indeed my bill amount. He was reluctant and tried shifting to hindi from english while speaking to me. I let out a piece of my mind again in hindi for his benefit. Finally he came over and asked the operator as to what happened. Operator said something lame again and started arguing random things in kannada. I switched to kannada, gave him another piece of my mind and I asked him to verify if that was the bill amount. The manager entered something into the machine and it had a history of fillings. He checked previous transactions till he reached mine that showed 659.97. He then blamed the operator. I got Rs. 10 back and warned the manager and the attendant that such an action again would result in a complaint.

The point is not Rs. 10. That's an amount I'd gladly give as a tip anywhere. It was the attendant behaving rudely and expecting me to blindly fork over the cash.

So guys, beware of Advaita Petrol Bunk @ BTM Layout, Outer Ring Road (next to Adyar Ananda Bhavan) Bangalore. They try these sort of tricks especially on people riding 2-wheelers since the number of pumps are less and customers are more.

Shell has apparently cut prices again back to levels identical to PSUs. So I'm shifting back to Shell from next filling onwards and hopefully wouldn't see such cheap and disgusting behaviour again.

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th October 2012 at 02:06. Reason: Corrected 660.60 to 670.60 on request
MHG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 23:37   #602
BHPian

Do COCO bunks mention clearly they are COCO? How does one tell? Can someone share a list of COCO bunks for diesel in between OMR (bigbazar) to Koramangala and HSR layout? Or please direct me to a link if there is one. More importantly, I must share my assumption that COCO means good quality fuel! Thanks.
Old 28th September 2012, 21:47   #603
BHPian

Recommended bunks for diesel b/w Manyata and KR Puram?
Old 11th October 2012, 13:14   #604
BHPian

Any feedback on Sowbhagya (on Ring Road, HSR Layout, next to Nanda's) ? It is an IOCL pump. Have used it couple of times, didn't face any issues, but was wondering.

I used the IOCL BTM Layout COCO earlier, but have since moved to HSR and hence looking for one near this area.

Thanks !
Old 11th October 2012, 15:57   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
A little out of your way but there is a decent BP bunk in kasturinagar if you don't mind getting off the ORR.
Old 11th October 2012, 16:07   #606
BHPian

Can anyone please recommend a good pump for diesel in either Whitefield or in HSR layout Bangalore?
Old 11th October 2012, 21:30   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Can anyone please recommend a good pump for diesel in either Whitefield or in HSR layout Bangalore?
MATS (HP) near Cosmos Mall on ITPL Road
Old 12th October 2012, 03:46   #608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
the bill came to Rs. 659.97. He reset the machine and when I gave him my card he charged me 660.60 saying that was the bill amount. till he reached mine that showed 659.97. He then blamed the operator. I got Rs. 10 back and warned the manager and the attendant that such an action again would result in a complaint.

Shell has apparently cut prices again back to levels identical to PSUs. So I'm shifting back to Shell from next filling onwards and hopefully wouldn't see such cheap and disgusting behaviour again.
Are you saying they overcharged you by 63 paise and paid you Rs.10/- to compensate? That's a first. BTW good decision to move to Shell, their pricing is at par with PSUs. Even 3-4 Rs. more means complete peace of mind..

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
The IOC outside Manyata seems decent. I used to fill petrol and have not come across any significant drop in mileage or any Hanky panky by the attendants. It gets crowded during peak hours though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
MATS near Cosmos mall is a good pump. Pretty decent staff and no tricks by the attendants. You almost get Shell level service.

Last edited by hrman : 12th October 2012 at 03:53.
Old 12th October 2012, 07:16   #609
MHG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Are you saying they overcharged you by 63 paise and paid you Rs.10/- to compensate? That's a first. BTW good decision to move to Shell, their pricing is at par with PSUs. Even 3-4 Rs. more means complete peace of mind..
WTH ? Woops, I made a typo

They charged me 670.60 not 660.60

EDIT: Is it just me or are most of the posts here from guys working along the IT Corridor ?

Last edited by MHG : 12th October 2012 at 07:20.
Old 12th October 2012, 15:04   #610
BHPian

any COCO pumps in Indiranagar area pls?
Old 13th October 2012, 18:18   #611
Senior - BHPian

Which would be the best petrol pump to fuel up when going from Bangalore (City Railway Station) to Chennai via Kasturba Rd/MG Rd/OMR? I'd like to fuel up before leaving the city. I will be starting from City station around 5AM tomorrow.

My car has enough petrol in it for about 150-200 km, I think - so if you can suggest one in the outskirts, that would be fine too.
Old 13th October 2012, 19:25   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Which would be the best petrol pump to fuel up when going from Bangalore (City Railway Station) to Chennai via Kasturba Rd/MG Rd/OMR? I'd like to fuel up before leaving the city. I will be starting from City station around 5AM tomorrow.

My car has enough petrol in it for about 150-200 km, I think - so if you can suggest one in the outskirts, that would be fine too.
Normally I would say the Shell on OMR, but they only open around 7am. The catch now is finding something open so early. Look through the post and there should some info on a few that are open 24 hrs.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 19:31   #613
BHPian

I recall reading an article in todays ToI that pumps inside B'lore city will be open only form 9AM to 6PM - as part of some protest/operations change - so its better to tank up the previous day itself.

Kasturba Rd has a bunk right next to Khivraj - which is pretty decent.
Sandeep_K_Ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 21:12   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Which would be the best petrol pump to fuel up when going from Bangalore (City Railway Station) to Chennai via Kasturba Rd/MG Rd/OMR?
The two Indian Oil bunks on St Mark's Road are good.
Old 13th October 2012, 23:13   #615
BHPian

I used to fill petrol mostly from Shell (either near ISKON, Rajajinagar or New Airport road, after Mekri circle), there was considerable difference in performance and felt the engine lot smoother.

Now I am moving to Diesel world [expecting Rapid next week]. Hence want to know, whether I should continue with Shell or does not matter any petrol (akka diesel) bunks (considering they fill genuinely).

Mods: please move this post to appropriate thread, in case if this does not fit here. Thanks.

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 13th October 2012 at 23:14.

Most Viewed