Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2012, 23:31   #616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser

Now I am moving to Diesel world [expecting Rapid next week]. Hence want to know, whether I should continue with Shell or does not matter any petrol (akka diesel) bunks (considering they fill genuinely).
Congratulations on the new booking mate. I have been owning diesel cars since 2004 and ever since I switched to shell there has been no turning back. Any diesel car owner's nightmare is sulphur adulteration in the fuel which can stuff the pumps real bad if continued. Shell gives me the confidence that I needed the most about good fuel although I pay a bit more. Peace of mind is, to me, priceless. not to mention emission levels and engine performance is also the way we would want it.
cars_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 23:51   #617
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_crazy View Post
Shell gives me the confidence that I needed the most about good fuel although I pay a bit more. Peace of mind is, to me, priceless. not to mention emission levels and engine performance is also the way we would want it.
Thanks!

Bingo, I had the exact feeling with petrol! Was not sure about diesel. Looks like the story holds good for both kinds.
Old 14th October 2012, 01:08   #618
BHPian

New to Bangalore and living in Marathahalli. I filled up from the HP pump beside Brand factory. Metering seemed fine. The guy preset the said amount and the machine cut off correctly. Car seems to be running fine too, so far. Have filled up twice from here so far. This pump does not stock high octane versions. There is an IOC pump further down the road, just before the airport road junction.

What are your views about this pump? Any better ones around this area? :(.

MaSh
Old 14th October 2012, 03:19   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
New to Bangalore and living in Marathahalli. I filled up from the HP pump beside Brand factory. Metering seemed fine. The guy preset the said amount and the machine cut off correctly. Car seems to be running fine too, so far. Have filled up twice from here so far. This pump does not stock high octane versions. There is an IOC pump further down the road, just before the airport road junction.

MaSh
Not sure about the pump you are talking. But you should be able to get high octane fuel at Shell.

List of all Shell pumps in Bangalore. Nearest for Marathahalli is Varthur road.

http://goo.gl/maps/MibxC
Old 14th October 2012, 07:22   #620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
Do COCO bunks mention clearly they are COCO?
Yes, COCO bunks display their status on the bill-board / hoarding at the bunk itself. Most COCO bunks have been good, though one exception where I have heard complaints is the IOC COCO in KOramangala 80 feet road (between NGV and SOny World junction).

For your requirements, I know one BP COCO - it is near Shoolay circle, going towards Koramangala/ St. Johns. It is next to Fatima Bakery/Hotel.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 16:14   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash
This pump does not stock high octane versions.
MaSh
@ Mashmash: not trying to give unsolicited advise here mate, but curious to know why you are looking for high octane fuel. Unless you are sure you need to use those (for eg you have modified your car and altered ecu) you may not actually need high octane. High octane typically comes handy to allow high fuel compression so that they don't ignite in the chamber during that stroke.. If you don't have that requirement then prolonged use may result in engine misfire. My 2 cents.
cars_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 00:13   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_crazy

@ Mashmash: not trying to give unsolicited advise here mate, but curious to know why you are looking for high octane fuel. Unless you are sure you need to use those (for eg you have modified your car and altered ecu) you may not actually need high octane. High octane typically comes handy to allow high fuel compression so that they don't ignite in the chamber during that stroke.. If you don't have that requirement then prolonged use may result in engine misfire. My 2 cents.
. High octane is for my bike, which is modified. It does run on high compression. It was modified in 2009 and is my daily ride ever since and have used only high octane fuel in it.

Car is stock and i fill it with regular. Just wanted a review of the HP pump beside Brand Factory, Marathahalli.

For the bike I have been using an IOC pump on the way to silk board. I think that area is HSR layout.

MaSh
Old 15th October 2012, 12:54   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post

The HPCL one I've also been to - no shenanigans yet. It is also the only one I know of (apart from HPCL near Wind Tunnel Road junction) with a PUC certification centre. The IOCL one has tried some stunts with magazine subscriptions and lucky draws with me. I used to go to the IOCL one (being the closest to my home), but stopped after I lost my credit card there once.

The peace-of-mind pumps in the area are:

1. BPCL on JB Nagar main road.
2. BPCL on Old Airport road, opposite Manipal Hospital
3. HPCL in Brookefield

...and there are at least three shell pumps in the vicinity.
Old 15th October 2012, 13:06   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post

I used to fill petrol mostly from Shell (either near ISKON, Rajajinagar or New Airport road, after Mekri circle), there was considerable difference in performance and felt the engine lot smoother.

Now I am moving to Diesel world [expecting Rapid next week]. Hence want to know, whether I should continue with Shell or does not matter any petrol (akka diesel) bunks (considering they fill genuinely).

Mods: please move this post to appropriate thread, in case if this does not fit here. Thanks.
The "joy" of Shell diesel is that they sell it at market rates as opposed to the PSU's which sell it with a subsidy.

If that is not an issue (around 10 to 15 rupees IIRC) then go for Shell. Otherwise go through this thread and find a reliable pump in your area and use them.

Last edited by pganapathy : 15th October 2012 at 13:34.
Old 19th October 2012, 12:43   #625
BHPian

I have had a very bad experience with the IOC Petrol Bunk at the junction opposite to the Sapphire Toy Shop, Koramangala 4th Block.
The cheats who work there converged on me from various angles, distracted my attention, showing me a sticker saying that I should have a diesel sticker.

I took my eye of the meter for 10 seconds and bam, the meter was reading 38 ish litres when all it should have been reading was 32 or so litres.

I had 5 of my previous bills with me and none of them was over 33 lts (after I hit reserve), from my trusted bunk on Bannergatta road and I had not even hit reserve in this case!

They started trying to convince me that they can replicate it if I come back again, my retort , was of course you can cheat again !

Never going back there again..
Old 19th October 2012, 12:59   #626
Senior - BHPian

I have been filling diesel at Nagpals (BPCL) on Residency Road. Had a good experience so far. No hanky panky, diversion etc. On most occasions, the dispenser was was handled by women, so a bit assured that there will be no cheating. They would punch in the amount, switch on the pump and move on. My other favourite for Diesel is the BPCL COCO before Thomas/ Fatima bakery on Hosur road, Shoolay Circle.
Old 19th October 2012, 13:21   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMind View Post
I have had a very bad experience with the IOC Petrol Bunk at the junction opposite to the Sapphire Toy Shop, Koramangala 4th Block.
Never going back there again..

I have had the same experience there, they managed to put 46lts into a 45L fuel tank, same experience you had. I have described it earlier in the thread.

If you have to fill fuel in that area, go the pump opposite Passport Office, its like SBI, pure fuelling, nothing else.
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:01   #628
BHPian

Would any body here have any experience with the pump near St. Johns Bus Stop in Koramangala? Thanks in advance.
Old 27th October 2012, 17:29   #629
BHPian

Is there any petrol bunk near Marathalli area which operates 24 X 7? I need to fill up my car at around midnight today; can't go to bunk before 11 PM as there is a puja in my home which I need to attend. My friend is arriving at Bangalore at 01-00 AM; I have to pick him up.
Old 27th October 2012, 17:43   #630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Would any body here have any experience with the pump near St. Johns Bus Stop in Koramangala? Thanks in advance.
If you are refering to the HP bunk at the corner / near signal, then my suggestion is to keep a good watch when they fill. It's like any other bunk, IMO. Dont get distracted if they try to distract you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks