Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2013, 20:13   #706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

Gentlemen please read here (My experience with Petrol Pump Fraud - And the silver lining) , exactly what I was trying to convey. All I was trying to say was that stand your ground and you can make that difference.
I tried to register an online complaint about the pump , but that pump is not listed on the list of pumps here in Bangalore, not sure why .
Anyways point noted, but you know what, i don't think waiting 2 hours to get a complaint book when you have family along with you is a feasible option .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 13:19   #707
Team-BHP Support

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Guys, my daily travel takes me from Yelahanka to ITPL, whitefield and back.

Please suggest few recommended diesel stations along this route. IOC infront of Manyata TechPark seems decent in terms of service - but i dont feel too happy about the fuel quality (Engine sound feels a bit crude).

Given a choice - I would prefer a good Bharat Petroleum outlet.
Old 27th May 2013, 16:23   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
The IOCL one at ORR is what I regularly use, didn't know that it was a COCO one. I read mixed reviews about it, so I tanked up from the HP near BDA this time. let's see how it goes.
Where exactly is the HP bunk located near the BDA complex ? I could not find it in google maps . I drive down 17th cross and then take a left on 14th Main - haven't noticed it.

Hope the quality is good here ?
Old 27th May 2013, 18:09   #709
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

I read about the IOC CoCo on this thread and now avoid filling up there.

My normal fill up point is the IOC on St.Marks Rd. where the erstwhile Bowring Kulfi stall was. Since fill up is once every 2 weeks, I usually end up going to town for some work or the other.

Incase I need to tank up nearby HSR, I now go to the HP bunk opposite BDA complex near ORR and BDA signal.

Fuel quality is pretty decent and they haven't tried to cheat so far. Ampere suggested this one to me since he gets his Duster filled up from there as well.

Also, one important point is to always get down from the car and stand next to the pump/attendant. Have seen many times people prefer to be seated in the car while filling.
I use this bunk since it first opened around 2008 or so. No worries with Quality or Quantity so far. Only irritants are the nasty queue jumpers...
I also prefer to get out of the car to fill up. Much better always.
Old 27th May 2013, 19:08   #710
Senior - BHPian

Can you please tell me how they cheat this way? Once they fill for 100 and stop, cant he refill for remaining 400?
Haven't gone through this entire thread so please forgive my ignorance.

Fell for the "Oh you said Rs XXX, i thought u said Rs xxx" trick at the HP
Old 27th May 2013, 19:51   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Can you please tell me how they cheat this way? Once they fill for 100 and stop, cant he refill for remaining 400?
Haven't gone through this entire thread so please forgive my ignorance.

Fell for the "Oh you said Rs XXX, i thought u said Rs xxx" trick at the HP
The logic is simple.

when ask the guy at the pump to fill the fuel for 500 rupees he will first fill for 100 rupees and say that its done, and when you realize the meter and inform the representative that i have asked for 500 rupees.

so he will continue till 400(he would not reset the meter) and say that its completed(overall he would have filled fuel for 400 rupees) and 100 goes in the pocket usually they do it very fast in a fraction of seconds.

this is how they cheat.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 20:54   #712
BHPian

Ive been a victim of this cheating on the highway Indian oil petrol bunk at night after 8pm. And that was a scary situation having to drive 60kms all the way to Bangalore in almost near empty state as most of the pumps had closed by then or didnt accept a card. On top of that I took the expressway and realised my mistake. One scary drive that was.

It was for the same 500 bucks thing and i hadnt paid attention in the dark. Thanks to tbhp im now all the more alert at the fuel pumps and always step out of the car and dont fall for such stupid tricks. But you can never be extra careful. One time or the other you can get tricked again. As this happened twice to me.
Old 27th May 2013, 21:57   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

I use this bunk since it first opened around 2008 or so. No worries with Quality or Quantity so far. Only irritants are the nasty queue jumpers...
I also prefer to get out of the car to fill up. Much better always.
I use the indial oil bunk next to purva vantage. Noticed my mileage is better when I tank up from here compared to HP which is next to BDA. Also noticed a large number of taxis tanking up from ioc in the evening.
Old 27th May 2013, 22:17   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Please suggest few recommended diesel stations along this route.
There is a Shell on the KR Puram-Whitefield road, no? I think a little distance after Phoenix on the north side of the road.
Old 30th May 2013, 16:00   #715
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
There is a Shell on the KR Puram-Whitefield road, no? I think a little distance after Phoenix on the north side of the road.
It is before Phoenix mall while coming from KR Puram : http://goo.gl/maps/C0Uii
Old 9th June 2013, 10:18   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Given a choice - I would prefer a good Bharat Petroleum outlet.
There is a BP, 500metres or so after crossing Hoodi signal(and heading towards ITPL/PSN), on the left side. They are good.
Old 9th June 2013, 10:42   #717
Team-BHP Support

Cross referencing this post from the Shell thread. Always double check the amount on the bill + credit card charge slip:

Quote:
Had a very shocking experience at Shell yesterday. I had gone to the Vittal Mallya Rd. bunk yesterday to fill up the Altis.

Tank was filled for Rs. 3,197 of petrol. Paid by credit card. The guy swiped the card and got back just the credit card charge slip and not the actual bill.

Since my dad maintains accounts for running expenses, he always insists on the bill. The attendant looked surprised that we were asking for the bill. He said he doesn't have it and he had given it to us. We told him a firm NO. He started looking for it and after a few minutes, he pulled it out from somewhere near the trash can.

By this time I had already noted down that the pump was showing Rs.3,197. The shocker was that the credit charge slip was Rs.3,397. He had charged Rs.200 more!

He started apologizing saying it was a mistake he had done while typing. We asked him to go to the store manager inside and void the transaction. He quickly said NO NO, here is Rs.200 cash.

I asked my dad if he wanted to register a complaint but dad gave him the benefit of doubt and said it might be a typo.

Although it could be an honest mistake, the entire episode was a little suspicious. Not only did he charge Rs.200 more but he lost the original bill. I don't know how the attendant will benefit since it was a card transaction.

Be careful when paying by card. Always insist on bill and check the amount on card slip.
Old 9th June 2013, 11:57   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cross referencing this post from the Shell thread. Always double check the amount on the bill + credit card charge slip:
Very strange to see such an experience at Shell. Have been filling at the Shell, near Lalbagh, since its inception and never had such an experience. The attendant always gives the print from the machine and asks the customer to go in and give the card to the cashier. Only in such cases where the customer does not alight from the car, the attendant swipes and gets the slip for sign.
Old 9th June 2013, 12:16   #719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Although it could be an honest mistake, the entire episode was a little suspicious. Not only did he charge Rs.200 more but he lost the original bill. I don't know how the attendant will benefit since it was a card transaction.
Suppose in a day the pump sells 1000 litres of fuel, out of which 600 litres was paid for by cash and 400 litres, by credit card. Say the cost of a litre is Rs. 75.

So at the end of the day the fuel stock would be down by 1000 litres, the pump would have Rs. 45,000 in cash and charge slips for Rs. Rs. 30,000.

Now suppose they managed to charge Rs. 100 extra on every Rs. 1000 of card transaction (cases like yours). So at the end of the day, the total of card transactions add up to Rs. 33,000. Which means that the pump accountant/auditor/owner expects only Rs. 42,000 in cash (since the total sales is only Rs. 75,000).

So the cashier and the pump attendant get to split Rs. 3000.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 15:50   #720
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Very strange to see such an experience at Shell. Have been filling at the Shell, near Lalbagh, since its inception and never had such an experience. The attendant always gives the print from the machine and asks the customer to go in and give the card to the cashier. Only in such cases where the customer does not alight from the car, the attendant swipes and gets the slip for sign.
I was equally surprised since my Altis fills only at Shell ever since the Vittal Mallya bunk opened up. That too my dad is comfortable only with the Vittal Mallya shell bunk. This left him a little disappointed as well but like I said he gave the benefit of doubt to the attendant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks