Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2013, 10:19   #781
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Guys, I have a Shell, BP, HP and IOC on my daily office commute between Malleshwaram and Dairy Circle and have always been filling up in BP or HP.

Any particular difference between Shell and other petrol bunks?
Have never tried Shell before and would like to know if there is any advantage w.r.t car and myself by filling there.
Old 25th November 2013, 12:11   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Didn't come across much information for Banashankari, Basavangudi, etc., so adding my 2 cents !
I too would appreciate if more fellow BHP-ians frm Banashankari/Basavangudi area share their experiences with pumps in these areas.

I live in Basavangudi.

I usually get Petrol and Diesel filled in my cars at the SRS pump situated at Home School circle, adjacent to Sagar Auto MASS/Krishna Rao park. Very close to home.

Never witnessed or experienced any tricks here. Anyone experienced anything negative here? As it applies any where 'Buyer Beware'! We need to take our precautions as @ 'Safety is Param' has rightly said in his post.

Staff isn't too courteous while at the same time not bothered abt cheating for a few bucks. They go about doing their work.

Coming to fuel quality at this pump, never faced any issues as my petrol and diesel cars give me consistent and expected mileage and no particular difference in engine noise/smoothness noticed compared to wen I fill at Annapurna, R.V road, on way to work. Abt the fuel quality here, I go by one logic - its run by SRS travels which runs a huge fleet of cabs and buses and during early morning hours and late night hours one can see long ques of SRS travel vehicles filling up. So my logic says the owner may never want to mess around with the fuel quality as this could effect his entire fleet resulting in huge repair bills/loss to his own travel agency. Am I right?

It has separate Petrol and Diesel counters/pumps. So scope of filling wrong fuel is minimized.

Another good pump is Cauvery Pump situated opp Lalbaug West Gate. Used to be one among the most reliable. I am sure it still is but don't go there often as SRS is closer and on way to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
IOC - Annapurana Service Station - RV Road, Basavangudi - Diesel (Sunny)
Reliable pump. Have used it on and off on way to work. Spacious and has dedicated petrol/diesel counters/pumps.

Regards
ASVA
Old 25th November 2013, 12:44   #783
BHPian

Please avoid IOC Bull Temple Road at any cost.

I believe in 2007-08, this bunk was booked for adulteration and cheating. I stayed on Mt. Joy Road during that time and I am sure the bunk remained closed for some time.

My wife, unaware of this, filled Activa with 200/- worth of Petrol y'day and reported an incident with a lady in front of her. Here it goes -

The lady asked the attendant to fill petrol worth 200/- in her vehicle. After filling she observed the fuel indicator and started blasting the attendant that the quantity was less as she knew where exactly the needle would have ended if the fuel was indeed worth 200/- ... Then came my wife's turn and she got 200/- worth of petrol filled ( I had mentioned her about the tricks prevalent and hence, she is extra cautious while she has to refuel the vehicle alone)...The other lady continued to blabber at the attendant and asked him to refuel worth 100/- again. Once done, she said "Now it is worth 200/-", started the vehicle and left without paying anything (she had already paid 200/- earlier before my wife's turn). The attendant kept on shouting "madam..madam", but she didn't look back and sped off!

My wife has decided never to go back to that filling station again!

My suggestion to all folks staying in this area is -

1) IOC Annapurna Service Station, RV Road

2) IOC Devegowda Petrol Bunk, BSK 3rd stage

3) Bharat Petroleum opposite Lal Baug West Gate (personally have never filled Diesel there since my company cabbies always told me to fill from IOC, but I have filled petrol here in our Activa)
Old 25th November 2013, 13:24   #784
BHPian

I apologize for back to back posts, however, upon checking, the time limit had expired to edit my post above.

Looks like Shell is selling Petrol at prices lower than the other Oil Marketing Companies. Received the image below from my parents back in Baroda, Gujarat.

It says that the Market rate is INR 75.25 per litre, while Shell is selling at INR 74.20 per litre. Not sure if the same trend prevails everywhere, hence posting here.

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-img20131026wa0001.jpg

Last edited by Safety is Param : 25th November 2013 at 13:26.
Old 25th November 2013, 20:04   #785
BHPian

Quote:

Looks like Shell is selling Petrol at prices lower than the other Oil Marketing Companies. Received the image below from my parents back in Baroda, Gujarat.
I have been a regular at shell petrol bunk for over a year and most of the times in last one year they have been selling petrol at lesser rate than govt. owned OMCs. And yeah, much better fuel quality.
Old 25th November 2013, 20:26   #786
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Would recommend the BP COCO bunk in C V Raman Nagar opposite Bagmane Tech Park / LRDE.
Good thing is that the attendants always ask you to verify that the meter is set to 0 and ask for your permission to begin filling, avoids short-fueling woes
Old 25th November 2013, 22:30   #787
BHPian

Tanked up yesterday at M/s Annapurna Service Station. Staff was courteous (it was about 7:30 PM and the bunk was relatively empty) A
lso observed mileage has leapt to about 15.4 Kmpl from 13 Kmpl.
My friend regularly tanks up at Park View Station (beside Sagar Auto MASS near Krishna Rao Park) and has had no problems so far. Also this station is open 24 hours.

Regards,
Samish
Old 26th November 2013, 19:57   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samish_g View Post
Tanked up yesterday at M/s Annapurna Service Station. Staff was courteous (it was about 7:30 PM and the bunk was relatively empty) A
lso observed mileage has leapt to about 15.4 Kmpl from 13 Kmpl.
Where is this Annapurna filling station? Since I have stuck with Shell either Mysore road/ Chamarajapet or the Lalbaug one, dont know this place, hence my query.
Old 26th November 2013, 20:03   #789
BHPian

While going to South End circle from lalbaug West Gate, you can find this IOC Pump on your left after the first traffic signal.
If coming from South End circle, take a U-turn after Silicon Honda (same signal as mentioned above).

Last edited by Safety is Param : 26th November 2013 at 20:28.
Safety is Param is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 21:44   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Where is this Annapurna filling station? Since I have stuck with Shell either Mysore road/ Chamarajapet or the Lalbaug one, dont know this place, hence my query.
The location of Annapurna Filling Station is http://goo.gl/6Mcfwq

You may also try Cauvery Filling station near Lalbagh West gate.

The location is http://goo.gl/1H2399

These are few of the better petrol bunks in and around Basavanagudi

Regards

Samish
samish_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 19:03   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samish_g View Post
You may also try Cauvery Filling station near Lalbagh West gate.
The location is http://goo.gl/1H2399
Samish
I would prefer to keep this filling station out. Have had terrible experiences on a couple of occasions about 7 years ago and decided to skip this point from then onwards. Although their quality is top notch, the people in bunk behave as though they own my vehicle and have showed disrespect to couple of other customers.
Old 28th November 2013, 10:42   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Guys, I have a Shell, BP, HP and IOC on my daily office commute between Malleshwaram and Dairy Circle and have always been filling up in BP or HP.

Any particular difference between Shell and other petrol bunks?
Have never tried Shell before and would like to know if there is any advantage w.r.t car and myself by filling there.
I have been filling in an IOC outlet called Namratha Agencies which is at the intersection of the service road (adjacent to Tumkur Road) and MEI for the last 5+ years and have been happy about their service.

I fill diesel though !!
Old 28th November 2013, 11:09   #793
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
.. Have had terrible experiences on a couple of occasions about 7 years ago and decided to skip this point from then onwards.
7 years is a long time, isnt it ?
Today, the problem I see there is lack of space after the Metro track construction there.

Annapoorna station mentioned here is fine.
Old 28th November 2013, 12:34   #794
BHPian

Annapurna Station on the RV road is trustable. My friend who has been filling at this station for close to 10 years now said that he has never had any complaints against them so far. Also, there is one BP bunk at the entrance of Hanumantha Nagar 50 feet road called Vishvesha Agency. 2 weeks ago, my friend got his petrol figo tank full at this station and his car delivered a mileage of 17.5 Kmpl on a drive to Mysore.
Old 28th November 2013, 13:28   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
Also, there is one BP bunk at the entrance of Hanumantha Nagar 50 feet road called Vishvesha Agency.
If it is the one on the way from Halli Tindi -> BMS College -> Right Turn on 50 ft Road , then it's an HP Pump. Not sure about the name of the operator, however, fuel quality is definitely good.

To overcome the space crunch, they also have 4 elevated filling pumps, especially for 2-wheelers.

Most Viewed