Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 09:15   #1036
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
City Service Station, JP nagar (on Ring Road). The cheating by attendants continues.
This is a HP bunk.
I have always filled in the petrol in earlier car, diesel in current car here. Never had any incidence so far. As a habit, I always get out of car, attendant cannot start filling in unlessI see Zero. I stand close to the dispenser. Only when everything is complete, auto-cut off, I move aside making note of the reading, ask for bill always. Pay using my Amex card. This has been my standard operating procedure at this pump.

By the way, last week I had to fill at Shell Bannerghatta road as I was heading to Galibore on overnighter. They told that now this Shell location accept AMEX cards. This being only reason I used to go to HP JP Nagar, I think I can safely switch to Shell BG Road.

But again, waiting for some time to understand if mHawk performance really gets affected.
Old 28th January 2016, 10:35   #1037
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Here's a story featured on TheLogicalIndia regarding Sree Lakshmi Service Station (Bharat Petroleum dealer), MS Ramaiah Road, Jalahalli, Bangalore.
This happened to me over 7 years ago and I've never gone to this bunk since then. I usually fill-up early in the morning and the attendant tried to cheat by filling in for INR 500 when I told him a full tank. Later he billed me for INR 500 plus the extra which was over 36 litres when the Alto's fuel tank is only 35 litres. He said sometimes, the car will take extra which was utter bunkum. I created a scene by telling them I won't pay for the initial INR 500 since that was never filled. A few other customers waiting behind me were watching this and quietly moved their vehicles. On seeing this, the attended billed me for the right amount and I left.
Old 28th January 2016, 11:36   #1038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
As a habit, I always get out of car, attendant cannot start filling in unlessI see Zero.
SOP is all fine. But still happens. I dont sit inside the car either. Either what I had said in the earlier post, or it is not doing a top-up which I instruct them to do.
Old 28th January 2016, 11:42   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
City Service Station, JP nagar (on Ring Road). The cheating by attendants continues.
This is a HP bunk.
I use this bunk a few times mostly while checking tyre pressure since this is close to my place, so far I have not found anything out of place. A lot of call center cabs have tie up with this bunk. Please share your experiences here.
Old 28th January 2016, 11:54   #1040
Distinguished - BHPian

Ananth, call centre cabs / fleet vehicles - it is a different relationship altogether
Old 28th January 2016, 13:13   #1041
BHPian

I usually fill my Sunny Diesel and i10 Petrol at the BP Petrol bunk on Sarjapur road (next to Purva Sunshine apartments). Have not noticed anything funny so far, the owner is usually around to supervise and checks in personally on customers. The staff always waits for your confirmation before starting to fill and even when the filling is done. Best part, they are open 24 hours, so I usually fill the tank late night when there is no crowd.

Also to note, the staff accept no tips whatsoever, for air, glass cleaning etc.
Old 28th January 2016, 14:15   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
This is a HP bunk.
I have been filling for my 2 wheeler in this bunk for years. No issues at all other than sometimes they will fill it till it gets spilled over. This is one of the most croweded bunk in this area. I think it is because of Quality and Quantity.
Old 28th January 2016, 14:46   #1043
BHPian

I had a bad experience in BP next to Madiwala Police Station on Hosur Road. Not recommended.

I filled my 2 wheeler for 200 Rs. and while filling my attention was diverted. I suspected something wrong when I was leaving the bunk as my needle did not move to the place where it should be when I fill it for 200Rs. I got poorest mileage 50% of what I get for 200Rs. So I have been cheated.

Mod Note: Your post is filled with typographical errors. Please do a proof read before submission. We take forum quality very seriously on Team BHP

Last edited by noopster : 2nd February 2016 at 18:15. Reason: Merged posts and corrected typos
Old 29th January 2016, 11:45   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I had a bad experience in BP next to Madiwala Police Station on Hosur Road. Not recommended.
Something about these guys struck me as downright shady. A few months back, I was there to tank up late in the evening. After refueling, I gave one of the attendants my credit card who then started walking towards one of the unlit cabins. I promptly followed him to ensure no foul play ensues. He seemed to have taken a very roundabout way to get to the POS terminal

Avoidable unless its a couple of hundred bucks of fuel and you are paying cash.

Last edited by noopster : 2nd February 2016 at 18:16. Reason: OP's response has been updated
Old 2nd February 2016, 12:21   #1045
BHPian

My Usual outlet to fill up diesel for my Liva is the Nagpals, BP bunk on the residency/brigade road junction. Alternate is the BP bunk in Nagarbhavi second stage. It's been 3 years now & no hassles at all with these bunks.

This incident happened to me approximately a year back. When Shell went ahead and lowered the diesel prices to the same as the other bunks, i happened to fill up (full tank) in the Shell bunk on route Sirsi Circle, just before the market flyover. Little did I know, there was a surprise in store. After couple of days & running 100kms, suddenly the air filter warning started blinking. Contacted Toyota & they advised me not to drive. The car was towed to the service center, where I found out that there was water mixed with diesel. They took out all the fuel from the tank & I was surprised to see viscosity of the Diesel. Got It serviced & Toyota was generous to give me 5 liters of free fuel, so I can refuel on my way back. As I was paying the bill, A fortuner had come in with the same problem, but this time a Shell Bunk on some national highway . I met the owner, exchanged our grievances & were surprised it happened in Shell.

Not sure how & why this happened, as I haven't had any issues filling up my two wheeler at shell. I guess I was way too unlucky.
RedDevil_KP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 08:26   #1046
BHPian

Anish Enterprises - SHELL Outlet, Kalyan Nagar Bangalore

This is the second time I am experiencing a similar issue and I decided to write about it. The fuel dispensing staff has to promote Shell Premium Petrol and they do so to the point they annoy you. Even after politely declining for 3 times, I was explained the "benefits" to which I had to change my tone to get the attempt stopped. Earlier, one of the lady attendants had started fueling Premium Petrol even when I had clearly told No to it. I had to run to the attendant noticing the red nozzle and asked them to stop immediately. They got away with a sorry. Today, despite confirming that Premium Petrol was not needed, my wife was surprised to see them tanking up with Premium Fuel. Again, a sorry was all that was on offer and the staff got away as if nothing had happened. Net loss was close to 400 rupees.

Two months back, I had an incident with the same bunk where in the attendant swiped Rs.100 from my Shell Card without my knowledge and hid the receipt. Upon receiving the SMS, I logged a complaint with Shell Helpline and I was asked to go the bunk to get a refund. I found the manager in the evening shift very helpful. He went inside the office, checked the video recordings and admitted the foul play. He was prompt in refunding the money and was heard giving an earful to the supervisor in the respective shift. He had also assured me that the culprit would be removed from the job. I am unsure about the removal, but I was happy with Shell acknowledging the mistake and refunding the money.

I will be calling the Shell helpline now to report this. If anyone here knows an escalation matrix, please let me know. Unethical practices like this are putting off my confidence in Shell!
vinu99@gmail.co is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 08:42   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu99@gmail.co View Post
Anish Enterprises - SHELL Outlet, Kalyan Nagar Bangalore

This is the second time I am experiencing a similar issue and I decided to write about it. The fuel dispensing staff has to promote Shell Premium Petrol and they do so to the point they annoy you. Even after politely declining for 3 times, I was explained the "benefits" to which I had to change my tone to get the attempt stopped. Earlier, one of the lady attendants had started fueling Premium Petrol even when I had clearly told No to it. I had to run to the attendant noticing the red nozzle and asked them to stop immediately. They got away with a sorry. Today, despite confirming that Premium Petrol was not needed, my wife was surprised to see them tanking up with Premium Fuel. Again, a sorry was all that was on offer and the staff got away as if nothing had happened. Net loss was close to 400 rupees.

Two months back, I had an incident with the same bunk where in the attendant swiped Rs.100 from my Shell Card without my knowledge and hid the receipt. Upon receiving the SMS, I logged a complaint with Shell Helpline and I was asked to go the bunk to get a refund. I found the manager in the evening shift very helpful. He went inside the office, checked the video recordings and admitted the foul play. He was prompt in refunding the money and was heard giving an earful to the supervisor in the respective shift. He had also assured me that the culprit would be removed from the job. I am unsure about the removal, but I was happy with Shell acknowledging the mistake and refunding the money.

I will be calling the Shell helpline now to report this. If anyone here knows an escalation matrix, please let me know. Unethical practices like this are putting off my confidence in Shell!
Hi VJ

This is the usual problem people facing (including myself) in Shell petrol pumps and has been discussed in detail in another thread and BHPian Soumyajit9 has reported this matter to Shell. Please see the below thread for more details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hread-171.html

Also, whenever this happens, don't forget to report to the branch / local manager.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 09:13   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Hi VJ

This is the usual problem people facing (including myself) in Shell petrol pumps and has been discussed in detail in another thread and BHPian Soumyajit9 has reported this matter to Shell. Please see the below thread for more details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hread-171.html

Also, whenever this happens, don't forget to report to the branch / local manager.
Thank you so much! I was unaware of this thread. I am planning to visit the Branch Manager today evening. It looks like I have to get out of the car and move close to the dispenser to check what is getting filled.
Old 9th February 2016, 09:19   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu99@gmail.co View Post
Thank you so much! I was unaware of this thread. I am planning to visit the Branch Manager today evening. It looks like I have to get out of the car and move close to the dispenser to check what is getting filled.
As a matter of caution, every time I go to any petrol pump, I always get down from my car and go near the dispenser, (1) to ensure that right fuel which is requested is being filled (2) to ensure that attendant locks the dispenser as I have heard enough on the frauds due to not locking the dispenser;

If you do this, you may not have to face the shock of him not filling the right fuel.

Regards,
KK
Old 9th February 2016, 09:40   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil_KP View Post
i happened to fill up (full tank) in the Shell bunk on route Sirsi Circle, just before the market flyover. Little did I know, there was a surprise in store. After couple of days & running 100kms, suddenly the air filter warning started blinking. Contacted Toyota & they advised me not to drive.
I have a similar story to share. Not sure if its related, I had filled diesel in my Etios from Shell on Varthur road. Within 100 km's, the fuel filter warning came up. Fuel filter was replaced and I'd been avoiding that outlet since. Its been almost 6K km's after that, the issue has not recurred (touch wood).
john.gt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks