Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2016, 19:45   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
This on one the route to PTP?
I always feel short changed with the quantity of fuel they dispense.
Yes, that's the one. Ref this cheating on quantity: today I was at another IOCL - the one on southbound ORR service road between Mahadevpura and Doddanekkundi (between More and EMC/Samsung). The dispensing machine had a lot of text on a sticker, which essentially asked us to make use of the calibrated 5-litre test. Has anyone ever demanded that at any pump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
sony world to whitefield via the old airport road and then towards graphite india signal.
After you turn off IRR, these pumps have good reviews:

Towards Whitefield:

1. The BPCL opposite Manipal Hospital
2. The HPCL (I think!) at Brookefield

Towards City:

1. The HPCL COCO just before Manipal Hospital (this is the one you mentioned)
2. I personally haven't had any bad experience at the HPCL in Marathahalli near the burnt-down Brand Factory

These I avoid:

1. IOCL near Diamond District
2. IOCL near Yemalur signal

Plus, there is a Shell a bit ahead of Graphite signal towards Hoodi.
Old 3rd March 2016, 12:49   #1067
BHPian

I am starting to like the IOCL bunk on Sarjapur road. Its on the left side when travelling to Sarjapur, after Wipro. And they accept Citi Bank IOC cards, which is a bonus for me. Only gripe - They were not accepting Citi cards on sundays / holidays - Says, office room is locked, hence!
Old 4th March 2016, 10:02   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Plus, there is a Shell a bit ahead of Graphite signal towards Hoodi.

Thanks binanad for the inputs. How about the petrol bunks between sonyworld and NGV? There is one near the pizza corner signal and couple of them opposite the passport office.
Old 8th March 2016, 13:07   #1069
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Edit: Any opinions on the IOCL pump on the ramp that connects Kadubeesanahalli junction to the ORR service road northwards?
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I had apprehensions until last night, when a colleague filled petrol in his Wagon-R.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
I always feel short changed with the quantity of fuel they dispense.
I stay opposite to this, still prefers Shell near Citrus hotel towards Sarjapur road. I had filled petrol from this bunk couple of times, felt the quantity was bit less. Not sure if it was a genuine case or due to my apprehension.

My brother had once filled petrol in bottle from here for his bike and he says the quantity was fine. Also, as mentioned by you have seen quiet few cabbies filling from there. But then that could also be due to reason that there are no other bunks near by.

Though it looks a bit rundown, it is a new bunk (I guess ~2 years old), hence machines would be new.

Quote:
There is one near the pizza corner signal and couple of them opposite the passport office.
The IOC on left when driving from Ejipura junction towards NGV is a COCO, however there were reports of short-filling by distraction in this thread earlier.
Old 8th March 2016, 13:28   #1070
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
My brother had once filled petrol in bottle from here for his bike and he says the quantity was fine.
they would not cheat for this one - it is too easy to make out when filling into a bottle.
Quote:
The IOC on left when driving from Ejipura junction towards NGV is a COCO, however there were reports of short-filling by distraction in this thread earlier.
+1.
This is a COCO, but have not had good experience there.

Btw, even COCO's are not immune to cheating, from what I have heard. Short filling is not the only way ..
Old 8th March 2016, 19:29   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I stay opposite to this, still prefers Shell near Citrus hotel towards Sarjapur road. I had filled petrol from this bunk couple of times, felt the quantity was bit less. Not sure if it was a genuine case or due to my apprehension.

My brother had once filled petrol in bottle from here for his bike and he says the quantity was fine. Also, as mentioned by you have seen quiet few cabbies filling from there. But then that could also be due to reason that there are no other bunks near by.

Though it looks a bit rundown, it is a new bunk (I guess ~2 years old), hence machines would be new.
I am a regular to this pump for last 1 year or so. Monthly twice I fill from here, it gives me same mileage as when I fill from Shell.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 10:06   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Be careful if you are a consumer of water delivered through water tankers !!

Be careful if you are a consumer of water delivered through water tankers !!
Well trusted pumps can no longer be trusted.

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/51282392.cms

Quote:
The oil ministry has recently found that quite a few petroleum retail outlets in the city and around the state were illegally delivering petroleum products to the industrial premises (including unlicensed premises) and IT parks. Most of these are transported through water tankers, sources say.
"In Bengaluru, the oil marketing companies or OMCs, because of their internal sales targets, have resorted to forcefully asking dealers to fabricate illegal tanker trucks that are approved as water tankers by the transport department but actually carry diesel to IT parks, malls, commercial establishments, schools, road trucks, etc," says Ashwani Attrish, a member of the Steering Committee Consortium of Indian Petroleum Dealers (CIPD).
Old 17th March 2016, 18:37   #1073
BHPian

I am not sure if I have the right thread but have a quick question. Any suggestions for 95 RON fuel around South Bangalore?
Old 19th March 2016, 21:34   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
City Service Station, JP nagar (on Ring Road). The cheating by attendants continues.
This is a HP bunk.
I take back my words. Today I had a bad experience. The attendant was speaking to someone while filling my 2 Wheeler and the cashier was away for drinking water or something. I was waiting to pay when the cashier came the attendant told 260 Rs instead of 160 Rs. I have argued but could not win as the meter reset for other people who was in the Q. They do not have generated bill at the dispenser.

I have decided not to be loyal anymore to this HP Station

Last edited by blorebuddy : 19th March 2016 at 21:38.
Old 19th March 2016, 21:46   #1075
BHPian

I always tank up at Vikhyath filling station near Bimal Maruti, Mahadevapura. Have been filling petrol over here for over one year. I feel they are honest. I am always told that check the zero reading. No one distracts you and provides me the bill always as I always demand it to cross check. They even accept payment using payTM. Better to using credit card and paying surcharge. I always specify an amount for which petrol is to be filled instead of saying full tank.
Old 19th March 2016, 23:12   #1076
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco Sauce View Post
Any suggestions for 95 RON fuel around South Bangalore?
Have you tried the BPCL COCO on Bannerghatta Road opposite Subramanya Arcade / adjacent to Jal Bhavan ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I take back my words. Today I had a bad experience.

I have decided not to be loyal anymore to this HP Station
Feel bad for you ..

I am currently trying the BPCL COCO on Bannerghatta Road. Else, it is Cauvery @ Lal Bagh West Gate at this time.
Old 20th March 2016, 18:51   #1077
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks binanad for the inputs. How about the petrol bunks between sonyworld and NGV? There is one near the pizza corner signal and couple of them opposite the passport office.
The IOC COCO pump was notorious for the distract and cheat approach for a long time. I had a bad episode with them a few years ago and decided to avoid them. Recently though I had to tank up my bike and since the other nearby pumps were without fuel I had to go back to the IOC COCO. I noticed the attendant was very nonchalantly but clearly not looking at the pump meter or my bike which I found very surprising. Before I knew it, fuel had overflowed from the tank and spilled onto my bike. On questioning, the attendant said that the cut off wasnt working at this machine. In which case he should have been paying attention to the fuel levels instead of deliberately looking away! Of course he had the audacity to ask me for the whole amount which I refused to pay. I am definitely not going back to them again.
Old 20th March 2016, 21:45   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
In which case he should have been paying attention to the fuel levels instead of deliberately looking away!
This is becoming a common issue. I am thinking of not to ask for Full Tank instead to ask for a fixed amount as I can guess how much it will take roughly based on the needle/reserve
Old 5th April 2016, 15:45   #1079
BHPian

Owing to the strike called by truck drivers and cleaners, most petrol bunks in Bangalore have run out of fuel. If the negotiations dont go well, then there is a possibility that Bangaloreans will not have access to fuel for a few more days.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle8434659.ece

I tried a few pumps in the Banashankari area last night, they either had long lines or were already shut.

Any information on which petrol bunks are open will help those in Bangalore. I am assuming that that the private bunks like Shell, Total and Essar will still have stock.

I plan to check out Shell today as three of them fall on my way home and I will update.

Mods - Could not find a thread on this so I thought I will post here. If such a thread exists, please merge there.

Parikshith
Old 5th April 2016, 17:55   #1080
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parik_ind View Post
Any information on which petrol bunks are open will help those in Bangalore. I am assuming that that the private bunks like Shell, Total and Essar will still have stock.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle8437497.ece

Strike called off - Should be back to normal tomorrow.
procrj is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks