Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2017, 19:51   #1126
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

The BPCL outlet run by D.M. & Sons opposite Manipal hospital on Old airport road is a trusted pump and I have had no reason to believe otherwise, however I discovered that .75% cashback that is supposed to be credited to one's credit/debit card/mobile wallet/any other cashless means of purchasing fuel is not happening at this pump, at least not yet on the three occasions that I bought fuel at this pump recently. I gather this is supposed to happen within three days of the transaction and have also experienced so elsewhere, but has not been the case here. Had some time to kill today and was meaning to take the bike for a quick spin, so dropped in at the outlet which is not far from where I live. Spoke to the manager who looked clueless and finally called someone who I think manages books there. He started off by saying that this happens by the end of the month and when challenged that .75 of such transactions are deducted from the batch file at the end of each day, I was told to contact my bank. I already had and despite all the grief that I give one of the banks I have a credit card with (for justified reasons) I knew the snafu was at this outlet. Finally asked for the complaint register for me to document. While the .75% may be inconsequential, bad implementation takes away from the cashless habit which is being sought to be brought about. Request other members who regularly fill here to enquire about the cashback

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-wp_20170126_11_56_55_pro.jpg
hothatchaway is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 20:18   #1127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The HPCL right at the Y-Fork below KIAL expressway too is good (next to Inchara). .
That one used to be a COCO.
Old 31st January 2017, 11:32   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
The BPCL outlet run by D.M. & Sons opposite Manipal hospital on Old airport road is a trusted pump and I have had no reason to believe otherwise, however I discovered that .75% cashback that is supposed to be credited to one's credit/debit card/mobile wallet/any other cashless means of purchasing fuel is not happening at this pump, at least not yet on the three occasions that I bought fuel at this pump recently. I gather this is supposed to happen within three days of the transaction and have also experienced so elsewhere, but has not been the case here. Had some time to kill today and was meaning to take the bike for a quick spin, so dropped in at the outlet which is not far from where I live. Spoke to the manager who looked clueless and finally called someone who I think manages books there. He started off by saying that this happens by the end of the month and when challenged that .75 of such transactions are deducted from the batch file at the end of each day, I was told to contact my bank. I already had and despite all the grief that I give one of the banks I have a credit card with (for justified reasons) I knew the snafu was at this outlet. Finally asked for the complaint register for me to document. While the .75% may be inconsequential, bad implementation takes away from the cashless habit which is being sought to be brought about. Request other members who regularly fill here to enquire about the cashback

Attachment 1599930
Hi Hothatch, the cashback is supposed to happen without anybody's interference and any bunk for that matter has nothing to say or do in this regard. I do agree about the lack of information the perosonnel have regarding this and their inability to answer your questions is appaling but that does not mean that they are in anyway involved in the cashback process. I don't know much about software or programming but what I've understood is that the cashback is done at the backend of all transactions done using credit or debit cards or any other cashless means of payment. The banks have to give the customers the credit and that is supposed to happen every time you swipe the card at the petrol bunks. The bunk does not do it and again if there is any issue the bank has to justify why it is not happening. I've used other cashless payments in other bunks and the credits are instant. You could share your mobile number and I can send you a message of the credit I've received to you. The other side of the coin is that the bunks were not been credited of all such discounts since they were publicized by the Government. Everyday, at the end of the sale all transactions made at the bunk are settled and the discount of customers were promptly debited to the bunk's account before reimbursing the same. I'm sure all this information is only for educative purposes and hope it helps. Cheers
sumzup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 22:58   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
Hi Hothatch, the cashback is supposed to happen without anybody's interference and any bunk for that matter has nothing to say or do in this regard. I do agree about the lack of information the perosonnel have regarding this and their inability to answer your questions is appaling but that does not mean that they are in anyway involved in the cashback process.
Hi
I have also received the cashback on two of the cards I use, one debit and one credit, but from different outlets (even one at Hassan while on a trip). It is only at D.M Sons that it has not happened yet, on either one!

It is great if the retailer here is not at fault because I am a regular here and would hate to see a reason which would make me feel otherwise, but the evidence so far has been otherwise. Anyways, lets see if any new information comes to light. So far, its been the usual story of the bank and the bunk playing a bit of badminton at my expense!
Old 12th March 2017, 11:56   #1130
BHPian

How is the HPCL pump near BDA complex HSR 27th main?

Does anyone have any bad experience with this pump?

Last edited by Samurai : 12th March 2017 at 17:53.
Old 13th March 2017, 12:05   #1131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
How is the HPCL pump near BDA complex HSR 27th main? Does anyone have any bad experience with this pump?
Have filled couple of times from there, no issues as such. However, remember seeing some posts in this thread about '0' not set short-tricking happening here.
Old 30th April 2017, 13:39   #1132
Distinguished - BHPian

A new Essar Pump has come up close to my home and I have been filling up petrol from there since past 2 months for my Polo GT TSI and i10. I find the petrol quality to be excellent. Upto now I was a Shell loyalist and used to prefer V power for my GT TSI as I felt it gave better performance compared to Shell regular.

Since the past 2 months I have been filling up from Essar and I am quite pleased with the quality. I find Essar Normal = Shell V power! Engine feels smoother and more eager, even in this hot summer. I have not checked for mileage as I use these cars for short city runs.

Seeing the positive results with Essar petrol, I tried Essar Diesel too for my X3 and the results are equally good. For diesel I had switched to BP from Shell as I felt with Shell, the engine was a bit coarser. With Essar I did not notice any extra smoothness compared to PSU diesel, but felt the engine was delivering a bit more power. I tanked up Essar diesel and completed a Bangalore - Mysore - Bangalore trip with family on half a tank. Fully loaded car - yet the engine was pulling like crazy. So far I am fan!

Unlike Shell, I believe Essar supplies fuel refined at its own refineries.
Santoshbhat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 00:30   #1133
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
A new Essar Pump has come up close to my home
can you be a bit more specific as to where in bangalore ?
Old 1st May 2017, 07:14   #1134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
can you be a bit more specific as to where in bangalore ?
Sanjaynagar Main Road, North Bangalore.
Old 1st May 2017, 10:15   #1135
BANNED

Now with the 'chipping' scandal maybe all pumps have to be certified as being clean. I am sure what has come out so far is only the tip of the iceberg. One cannot believe that there was only one consortium involved in the racket.
Old 2nd May 2017, 13:01   #1136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Now with the 'chipping' scandal maybe all pumps have to be certified as being clean.
You are talking of the scam they uncovered in Lucknow? Anyway apparently they are planning to go on strike, unless the government call off the raids. It seems only 4 coco pumps are functional in Lucknow now.
Old 31st May 2017, 17:17   #1137
Senior - BHPian

Filled the car for the first time with Essar on the 80feet road, BSK 3rd stage and I must admit, the results are as good as Shell V power. The fuel is excellent and I find the mileage, noise and the vibes similar to the V power. With other normal fuels, the engine sounds a bit harsh and vibes creep into the cabin at higher revs.

The fuel outlet has a Nitrogen tire inflator along with a normal air for tires too. This is the second Essar outlet in my locality within a km radius. I will use this outlet for some more time and monitor the results and update here.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 17:45   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Filled the car for the first time with Essar on the 80feet road, BSK 3rd stage .
Are you talking about the outlet which is close to Seetha circle? If yes, then this is good news. The IOC at Seetha circle is pathetic and probably one of the worse ones in the city. I was bit circumspect with this Essar outlet - your inputs have helped me.

By the way,which is the other one within 1 km radius?

Also,Can you please share the price difference if any.
Old 31st May 2017, 18:16   #1139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Are you talking about the outlet which is close to Seetha circle? If yes, then this is good news. The IOC at Seetha circle is pathetic and probably one of the worse ones in the city. I was bit circumspect with this Essar outlet - your inputs have helped me.

By the way,which is the other one within 1 km radius?

Also,Can you please share the price difference if any.
Yes indeed it is near the Seetha circle. Keep an eye on the boys as they tend to get into their own world of speaking with each other while attending. A 2W was overfuelled while I was there.

The other one is at the intersection of the 50 feet road with the road that goes to Byatarayanapura, near the Avalahalli BDA park bus stop. Since my home is near the Girinagar circle, both the pups are a km apart.

Link here
https://www.google.co.in/maps/search.../data=!3m1!4b1

Both the pumps are a tight fit if you are driving a SUV or a sedan. Price was 70.20 for a liter of Petrol last thursday.

Agree with you about the IOC. I never go to that place even in emergency.

Last edited by unk9ja : 31st May 2017 at 18:18. Reason: Updated
unk9ja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 19:01   #1140
Senior - BHPian

I generally fill nowadays from the shell pump on Graphite India Road since it's just opposite to my house. A little off topic, I have noticed my Jupiter engine to be way smoother if I use vpower however haven't tried it in my car since it is brand new. Is vpower worth the extra price ?

Most Viewed