Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2018, 16:23   #1186
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
My friend checked out this bunk last month. He was informed that diesel distribution is yet to start from here. Not sure of the current situation though.
Yes, it is open full fledged now. I filled diesel this week from there.
motorsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 17:12   #1187
BHPian

Any Shell petrol stations in and around Electronic City? Any news on upcoming as well?
The Brutailer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 18:11   #1188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Any Shell petrol stations in and around Electronic City? Any news on upcoming as well?
The only closest one is this and I am sure you know this, but not really close from EC. In fact, on a normal day I have actually taken NICE road exit to Bannerghatta Road, filled at Gottigere and joined back NICE when driving home because this will be less time consuming than visiting this one.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 16:58   #1189
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to newly opened Shell bunk at Jail road off Sarjapur / Hosur road. Experience was typical Shell bunk. Instead of V power, sales person here was pushing for getting snack from the coffee shop in the bunk.

This bunk is slightly bigger than that on ORR near Bellandur, would say almost of size of the one on next to UB city.

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-img_20180106_132417157.jpg

Last edited by mpksuhas : 8th January 2018 at 17:01.
Old 29th January 2018, 10:50   #1190
Senior - BHPian

There is a new Shell petrol bunk opening on South end road opposite to canara bank. This is on the same road where Citibank operates its Jayanagar branch. The bunk is not yet functional and may take at-least couple of weeks before it starts.

Attaching a google map pic. The highlighted area in red is the location.
Attached Thumbnails
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-shell-bunk.jpg  

TorqueyTechie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 16:35   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
There is a new Shell petrol bunk opening on South end road opposite to canara bank. This is on the same road where Citibank operates its Jayanagar branch. The bunk is not yet functional and may take at-least couple of weeks before it starts.

Saw that yesterday morning. It is in the place of an earlier automated car wash dead opposite to the NTT data office.
Old 30th January 2018, 07:56   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Please enlighten me. I've been reading that we will soon shift from fossil fuels as early as 2022. In this light does it make sense for a Company to invest in new bunks, (that too considering South End is literally the heart of the city)? Do they have access to some data we do not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
There is a new Shell petrol bunk opening on South end road opposite to Canara bank. This is on the same road where Citibank operates its Jayanagar branch. The bunk is not yet functional and may take at-least couple of weeks before it starts.

Old 30th January 2018, 08:29   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Saw that yesterday morning. It is in the place of an earlier automated car wash dead opposite to the NTT data office.
Yep @ the same place you mentioned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Please enlighten me. I've been reading that we will soon shift from fossil fuels as early as 2022. In this light does it make sense for a Company to invest in new bunks, (that too considering South End is literally the heart of the city)? Do they have access to some data we do not?
Shift from fossil fuels might start from 2022 but do you think it would be so easy to completely stop using petrol/diesel. I doubt that it would be so much simple. You need to have all the auto manufacturers on board plus the people willing to accept the change. Considering just bangalore , we have 100's of new vehicles added on to our roads everyday. So even if they operate for 10 years and having the good will of people on their brand, they would have got back their investment I believe.

There is one more shell bunk on Shankarpuram road (around 5-6 kms distance from this new one) which is always crowded. So they might have thought about opening another one at this location as (i) there are no other good bunks nearby (ii) it would serve people from Jayanagar, Thyagarajanagar, NR colony, Basavanagudi to name a few.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 18:36   #1194
Senior - BHPian

The new Essar pump on the Kathriguppe main road is functional now. Location here

https://goo.gl/maps/n3rr7VRWTuK2

The pump is very nascent and the attendants are not at all professional in their approach. I had to fill my Kinetic Honda with oil and petrol and only after my turn came up, I came to know that mixture is on the opposite side. Then people rampantly jump the queue and attendants turn a blind eye. Finally I had to tell 2 people what I want before the vehicle was filled.

I am very unhappy with this pump while the other 2 Essar pumps are more professional and easy to interact with. I will keep this place as a last resort in my to go to list.
unk9ja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 06:36   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
The new Essar pump on the Kathriguppe main road is functional now.

The pump is very nascent and the attendants are not at all professional in their approach. I had to fill my Kinetic Honda with oil and petrol and only after my turn came up, I came to know that mixture is on the opposite side. Then people rampantly jump the queue and attendants turn a blind eye. Finally I had to tell 2 people what I want before the vehicle was filled.

I am very unhappy with this pump while the other 2 Essar pumps are more professional and easy to interact with. I will keep this place as a last resort in my to go to list.
Thanks for this update. I would always see chaos when I would pass by this pump and believed that since they are new, a lot of people would be trying it.

I have been filling at the Essar Pump near Seeta circle and have found them very friendly and helpful. I am a regular customer there. Hope you have checked this place out.
Old 2nd February 2018, 16:12   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
I have been filling at the Essar Pump near Seeta circle and have found them very friendly and helpful. I am a regular customer there. Hope you have checked this place out.
That is my regular place too. I fill my Duke, Baleno and the Ki-Ho there. Yesterday I had left my Ki-Ho for service in Kathriguppe and so the visit to the new pump. I find the Seetha circle pump more professional, similar to the Shell outlets.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 23:44   #1197
BHPian

Last week I got my ecosports tank filled at the petrol pump on hosa road near the central jail. I was stunned when the attender filled 52 litres of petrol. I couldn't digest the fact that the fuel tank capacity itself is 45 litres and he filled 52 litres! When I confronted him, he just smiled sheepishly and didn't bother to answer. Since I was with my family and in a hurry, I had to leave. Have any of you guys had the similar experience?
In the past I have noticed that, whenever I fill the full tank (auto cut off level) immediately after getting low fuel warning lamp (I think 5 litre reserve), it generally takes about 45 litres. Do you think that's normal? I assume around 5 litres of petrol will be held in plumbing, filters etc.

None the less, Avoid going to that fuel station friends!

Last edited by whitesquall : 6th February 2018 at 23:45.
Old 7th February 2018, 00:00   #1198
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Last week I got my ecosports tank filled at the petrol pump on hosa road near the central jail.

None the less, Avoid going to that fuel station friends!
which one, the new shell bunk or the IOC one near the T junction ?
Old 7th February 2018, 00:08   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
which one, the new shell bunk or the IOC one near the T junction ?
It's the one near the t-junction. Not the Shell.
whitesquall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 10:33   #1200
BHPian

Has anyone filled 97 RON petrol from the BP bunk on Residency Road? For some reason I find my car performing better on regular speed 91 compared to the speed 97 from that bunk.

Most Viewed