Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2018, 14:33   #1201
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

This is my personal observation about petrol bunks in Bangalore, please share your experiences if they differ:

1. IOC has the highest incidence of cheating. Almost all IOC petrol bunks have either cheated me or tried to cheat me/my spouse.
2. I have not been cheated by any HPCL bunk till now.
3. The fuel delivery boys are scared of the complaint book. If they refuse, you can lodge an online complaint through the website and you will get a callback and action will be taken. I have experienced this twice, once for an IOC bunk and once the BPCL COCO bunk on Bannerghatta road.
Old 7th February 2018, 17:28   #1202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Has anyone filled 97 RON petrol from the BP bunk on Residency Road? For some reason I find my car performing better on regular speed 91 compared to the speed 97 from that bunk.
My GTI runs far better on Speed 97 and that's the only bunk I know where it is available. I tried Shell normal and V power as well, but the performance is nowhere close to 97. In fact I tried alternating between normal and 97 for a few tank fills just to make sure it's not a placebo. In fact the car sounds much better with 97 too. I travel 8 kms one way just to tank up there

What's the recommended RON as per your car manual? AFAIK if your car recommends 91, filling higher spec won't really help. My car's manual recommends 95 RON, in case that is not available, it says min 91 RON will do with reduced performance.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 7th February 2018 at 17:30. Reason: sentence
Santoshbhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 00:13   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
My GTI runs far better on Speed 97 and that's the only bunk I know where it is available. I tried Shell normal and V power as well, but the performance is nowhere close to 97. In fact I tried alternating between normal and 97 for a few tank fills just to make sure it's not a placebo. In fact the car sounds much better with 97 too. I travel 8 kms one way just to tank up there

What's the recommended RON as per your car manual? AFAIK if your car recommends 91, filling higher spec won't really help. My car's manual recommends 95 RON, in case that is not available, it says min 91 RON will do with reduced performance.
The Abarth is known to run better with 97 and I'm running a remap on top of that. A friend from Chennai mentioned that the car goes nuts with the remap + 97 combo. However I have burnt more than a tankful of 97 but find hardly any difference (feels like a reduction in performance actually).
Lets see, I am planning to try HP 99 next.. will check if the results are similar.
Hahaha even I travel around the same distance (from sadashivnagar) for the BP bunk and for HP 99 it is going to be 12 kms plus
Old 15th February 2018, 19:29   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
The new Essar pump on the Kathriguppe main road is functional now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
Thanks for this update. I would always see chaos when I would pass by this pump...
The mess has settled down to an extent now. My place is just a stone's throw away and I can see the numbers are gradually increasing. Hopefully the staff becomes more professional over time.

Nevertheless, I can vouch for the quality of the fuel.
autospeaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 16:40   #1205
BHPian

Hi friends, I am attaching a letter copy from SIAM regarding fuel tanks fitted by OEMs and what should be inferred and what should be omitted in our understanding of fuel tanks, their behavior, and their holding capacity. Hope it helps
Attached Thumbnails
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-siam-response-fuel-tank-vehicles-1.jpg  

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-siam-response-fuel-tank-vehicles-2.jpg  

sumzup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 15:44   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
Hi friends, I am attaching a letter copy from SIAM regarding fuel tanks fitted by OEMs and what should be inferred and what should be omitted in our understanding of fuel tanks, their behavior, and their holding capacity. Hope it helps
Why would petroleum dealers association need the fuel tank capacity be notified to them? What value does that add?

I am confused !
Old 22nd February 2018, 15:59   #1207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Any Shell petrol stations in and around Electronic City? Any news on upcoming as well?
There is an Essar petrol pump near Electronic City (on Bettadasanapura Main Road).

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 16:40   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Talking of Shell, there is a new one on the north side of Sarjapur Road just beyond Kodathi Gate junction. Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/1hCpEZpP6Lo
Old 22nd February 2018, 18:28   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Why would petroleum dealers association need the fuel tank capacity be notified to them? What value does that add?

I am confused !
Must be due to some issues with Motorists. For instance, I recollect a few posts where XUV5OO owners have mentioned that their fuel tank capacity is 70 litres, but yet when they were doing a "full tank" from an almost empty situation the pump dispensed a few liters more than 70, and they were doubting the pump operators of engaging in a scam.
Old 26th February 2018, 16:53   #1210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The new Essar pump on the Kathriguppe main road is functional now.

I am very unhappy with this pump while the other 2 Essar pumps are more professional and easy to interact with. I will keep this place as a last resort in my to go to list.
Quoting my own thread, Guys, please steer clear of this pump, at least for now. I filled the exact same amount of petrol with oil for my Ki-Ho from the Seetha circle outlet yesterday and was billed 10 INR less. Difference in the rate for the Petrol was in paise between the two refills.
Old 26th February 2018, 18:20   #1211
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quoting my own thread, Guys, please steer clear of this pump, at least for now. I filled the exact same amount of petrol with oil for my Ki-Ho from the Seetha circle outlet yesterday and was billed 10 INR less. Difference in the rate for the Petrol was in paise between the two refills.
So, they are under-filling in the Katriguppe road bunk? I usually fill at the Essar at avalahalli road, the one which is at the corner, MC fuels is the name i believe. I have had good experience all the times here.
Old 26th February 2018, 18:28   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, this is quite surprising. I was and am still sceptical of this pump. However, just for a change, I filled petrol from the Shell pump on Bull Temple road and found the bike to be smoother. This is after regular visits to the Seeta circle Essar Pump. Could you confirm if this is the case with you as well or is it just an illusion?
Old 26th February 2018, 18:44   #1213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
So, they are under-filling in the Katriguppe road bunk? I usually fill at the Essar at avalahalli road, the one which is at the corner, MC fuels is the name i believe. I have had good experience all the times here.
They did not under fill as you think, but overcharged me. The pump reads out xxx INR and the attendant adds the amount for oil manually and arrives at the final amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
Wow, this is quite surprising. I was and am still sceptical of this pump. However, just for a change, I filled petrol from the Shell pump on Bull Temple road and found the bike to be smoother. This is after regular visits to the Seeta circle Essar Pump. Could you confirm if this is the case with you as well or is it just an illusion?
I used to fill from the Shell Lalbagh road outlet during my return from work. This was a minor detour before the office was relocated to Naganathapura. And the Essar started it's operation from Seetha circle aroud the same time which was a stones throw from my home. Personally I have not found any difference between Shell normal and Essar. So I switched over to Essar for all my rides just for the convenience. The Shell V Power feel however is still leagues ahead in my Baleno. I never it on Duke or KiHo.
Old 27th February 2018, 19:23   #1214
BHPian

There is a new Essar Pump which is functional in JP Nagar 7th Phase. This is between Brigade Millenium (back entrance) and Arekere gate signal. It is right opposite the lake.

Timings are: 06:30 to 22:30. Not a 24hour pump.
Facilities available: Petrol/Diesel/Lubes/Air (no Nitrogen)
Old 5th March 2018, 17:37   #1215
BHPian

I have been a regular at the IOCL COCO fuel station at BTM as its close to my office. Last week while i was coming back to my home (in BSK) from Orion mall via West of Cord Road/Mysore road, i had to fill petrol at Shell fuel station near Nyandanhalli Metro station.

I observed that my car (2017 Dzire ZXi+) now felt to have better pick up. Didn't look at the mileage though as i filled only for 1000/-

So this week it was again time to fill the pertol, i decided to get it topped at Shell itself.

Had seen a new Shell outlet coming up opposite to NTT Data in basavanagudi on Nagasandra Circle to South end circle road. Went their yesterday to find that the fuel station is still not operational. It looked all ready for functioning but hasn't started operations yet. Didn't stop to esquire but by the looks of it, it should be operational any time now.

As filled 500 worth petrol at BP station at Tyagarajanagar and still contemplating whether to go to Shell on Lalbaugh road or go back to IOCL COCO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks