Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Old 7th February 2018, 14:33   #1201
BHPian

Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

This is my personal observation about petrol bunks in Bangalore, please share your experiences if they differ:

1. IOC has the highest incidence of cheating. Almost all IOC petrol bunks have either cheated me or tried to cheat me/my spouse.
2. I have not been cheated by any HPCL bunk till now.
3. The fuel delivery boys are scared of the complaint book. If they refuse, you can lodge an online complaint through the website and you will get a callback and action will be taken. I have experienced this twice, once for an IOC bunk and once the BPCL COCO bunk on Bannerghatta road.
wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2018, 17:28   #1202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Has anyone filled 97 RON petrol from the BP bunk on Residency Road? For some reason I find my car performing better on regular speed 91 compared to the speed 97 from that bunk.
My GTI runs far better on Speed 97 and that's the only bunk I know where it is available. I tried Shell normal and V power as well, but the performance is nowhere close to 97. In fact I tried alternating between normal and 97 for a few tank fills just to make sure it's not a placebo. In fact the car sounds much better with 97 too. I travel 8 kms one way just to tank up there

What's the recommended RON as per your car manual? AFAIK if your car recommends 91, filling higher spec won't really help. My car's manual recommends 95 RON, in case that is not available, it says min 91 RON will do with reduced performance.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 7th February 2018 at 17:30. Reason: sentence
Santoshbhat is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 00:13   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
My GTI runs far better on Speed 97 and that's the only bunk I know where it is available. I tried Shell normal and V power as well, but the performance is nowhere close to 97. In fact I tried alternating between normal and 97 for a few tank fills just to make sure it's not a placebo. In fact the car sounds much better with 97 too. I travel 8 kms one way just to tank up there

What's the recommended RON as per your car manual? AFAIK if your car recommends 91, filling higher spec won't really help. My car's manual recommends 95 RON, in case that is not available, it says min 91 RON will do with reduced performance.
The Abarth is known to run better with 97 and I'm running a remap on top of that. A friend from Chennai mentioned that the car goes nuts with the remap + 97 combo. However I have burnt more than a tankful of 97 but find hardly any difference (feels like a reduction in performance actually).
Lets see, I am planning to try HP 99 next.. will check if the results are similar.
Hahaha even I travel around the same distance (from sadashivnagar) for the BP bunk and for HP 99 it is going to be 12 kms plus
Suraj25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2018, 19:29   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
The new Essar pump on the Kathriguppe main road is functional now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
Thanks for this update. I would always see chaos when I would pass by this pump...
The mess has settled down to an extent now. My place is just a stone's throw away and I can see the numbers are gradually increasing. Hopefully the staff becomes more professional over time.

Nevertheless, I can vouch for the quality of the fuel.
autospeaker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2018, 16:40   #1205
BHPian

Hi friends, I am attaching a letter copy from SIAM regarding fuel tanks fitted by OEMs and what should be inferred and what should be omitted in our understanding of fuel tanks, their behavior, and their holding capacity. Hope it helps
Attached Thumbnails
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-siam-response-fuel-tank-vehicles-1.jpg  

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-siam-response-fuel-tank-vehicles-2.jpg  

sumzup is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2018, 15:44   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
Hi friends, I am attaching a letter copy from SIAM regarding fuel tanks fitted by OEMs and what should be inferred and what should be omitted in our understanding of fuel tanks, their behavior, and their holding capacity. Hope it helps
Why would petroleum dealers association need the fuel tank capacity be notified to them? What value does that add?

I am confused !
arjithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2018, 15:59   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Any Shell petrol stations in and around Electronic City? Any news on upcoming as well?
There is an Essar petrol pump near Electronic City (on Bettadasanapura Main Road).

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2018, 16:40   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Talking of Shell, there is a new one on the north side of Sarjapur Road just beyond Kodathi Gate junction. Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/1hCpEZpP6Lo
binand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2018, 18:28   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Why would petroleum dealers association need the fuel tank capacity be notified to them? What value does that add?

I am confused !
Must be due to some issues with Motorists. For instance, I recollect a few posts where XUV5OO owners have mentioned that their fuel tank capacity is 70 litres, but yet when they were doing a "full tank" from an almost empty situation the pump dispensed a few liters more than 70, and they were doubting the pump operators of engaging in a scam.
ajayclicks is online now   Reply With Quote