Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2018, 00:15   #1216
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Just saw an Essar petrol bunk being set up on the Sarjapur-Bagalur road.

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-img_20180310_154004.jpg
Paradiddle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 10:56   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Went to newly opened Shell bunk at Jail road off Sarjapur / Hosur road. Experience was typical Shell bunk. Instead of V power, sales person here was pushing for getting snack from the coffee shop in the bunk.

This bunk is slightly bigger than that on ORR near Bellandur, would say almost of size of the one on next to UB city.
I live very close to this pump. With my new Polo GT TSI coming in a couple of weeks, I am looking for trustworthy pumps. How was your experience at this Shell outlet?

Also, since I am new to Bangalore, do Shell outlets give better quality fuel/purchase experience?
Old 21st March 2018, 11:13   #1218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nair View Post
How was your experience at this Shell outlet?

Also, since I am new to Bangalore, do Shell outlets give better quality fuel/purchase experience?
I regularly fill up at this bunk, experience has been good till now.

Regarding quality of fuel, I don't think there will be any difference between Shell and any good PSU or other private bunks. However, finding a good bunk in this area is an issue.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 13:18   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nair View Post
How was your experience at this Shell outlet?
I'm another regular visitor at this Shell bunk. Happy with the quality of fuel as well as the service, so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
...Instead of V power, sales person here was pushing for getting snack from the coffee shop in the bunk
If it was the snack from the coffee shop for mpksuhas, it was a cabin air freshener for me. They did offer me the V-Power on my first visit and I politely declined. Since then it's been the air freshener. On one occasion, I pointed at the one I had in my car and told the lady that I'll try theirs once mine got exhausted. So, this particular lady has not tried to sell me anything after that
silversteed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 13:28   #1220
BHPian

There is a new Essar bunk at JP Nagar 6th phase just near the Brigade millennium, I have filled my bike tankful for 3 times now, but I am not sure of what good/bad about the petrol as I am getting same mileage and no issues.

This was just a heads up on the Essar bunk.

KK
Old 23rd March 2018, 14:22   #1221
BHPian

Not sure if this was posted here before. A new shell petrol bunk is coming up opposite to Dell on the inner ring road. There was some concreting going on at the site few days back. Today the stickers were revealed.
Old 23rd March 2018, 15:20   #1222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Not sure if this was posted here before. A new shell petrol bunk is coming up opposite to Dell on the inner ring road. There was some concreting going on at the site few days back. Today the stickers were revealed.
I had come that way yesterday; the Shell logo was unveiled then itself.
Old 24th March 2018, 19:47   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
There is a new Essar bunk at JP Nagar 6th phase just near the Brigade millennium, I have filled my bike tankful for 3 times now, but I am not sure of what good/bad about the petrol as I am getting same mileage and no issues.

This was just a heads up on the Essar bunk.

KK
Even I am thinking of filling there next time.
less crowd and conveniently located.
Old 23rd May 2018, 19:56   #1224
BHPian

Is IOC bunk near manyata entry gate a Coco bunk? Citi bank website claims it to be so!
Old 25th May 2018, 15:08   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Is IOC bunk near manyata entry gate a Coco bunk? Citi bank website claims it to be so!
I don't think it is a COCO bunk. They accept Citibank Indian oil credit cards and also cards can be swiped against your points here.

I used to fill up regularly here until one bad experience when they cheated on the quantity. Since then, only entering the bunk for air and emission!
Old 30th May 2018, 17:34   #1226
Senior - BHPian

THE HP bunk on the 50 feet road, Hanumanthnagar has revised its operation time. It is now open from 0400 to 2359 hours

Location here:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/HP...5!4d77.5642502
Old 8th June 2018, 15:42   #1227
BHPian

After a long time, refueled at Ioc coco in koramangala (located between Sony signal and bmtc bus depot), good news is that the fuel quantity is correct, checked via tank full to tank full method. Earlier they used to cheat with the usual diversion tactic and even if you were alert the fuel quantity was not dispersed correctly.

Last edited by Sri Vathsa : 8th June 2018 at 15:43.
Old 8th June 2018, 16:28   #1228
Senior - BHPian

Not a petrol pump but an Essar Unigas outlet is coming up in Bommanahalli on the service road towards EC. This is just before the signal on the main carriageway.
Old 24th June 2018, 18:53   #1229
Senior - BHPian

A new Essar pump has become operational on the main road connecting ORR and Uttarahalli road. This is just after the Reliance fresh outlet on the AG's layout main road.
Location here
Essar Petrol Pump
1st Main Rd, AGS Layout, Chikkalasandra, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560061

https://goo.gl/maps/jyvu68qyHok
Old 25th June 2018, 14:34   #1230
BHPian

Hello guys,

I have noticed a peculiar problem and thought of sharing it here, to gather insights from you all.

I usually fill Normal Petrol from Shell at Grafite Signal in my car. I fill the car till auto-cut off and ask the attendant to NOT top-up. Once this is done, the fuel gauge in the MID moves to the highest position. All good here.

However, sometimes, I have to get my car re-fueled at Shell KR Puram, opp the HP Office. Here too, I ask the attendant to fill the fuel till auto-cut off and then not add any more fuel. But, at this pump, the quantity of fuel filled is always less than expected. Say, I know the car would be requiring 28-30 liters of fuel, the auto-cut off kicks in at 22-24 liters. Since I do not top-up, when I start the car, the fuel bar is not at full, rather 1-2 bars below.

I am confused as to what is happening here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks