Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2018, 07:23   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Have been using the COCO HP pump at Sompura Gate, Sarjapur Road as it is right beside the gate of my home. Can't complain really.
Old 29th November 2018, 21:48   #1262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Have been using the COCO HP pump at Sompura
There is a COCO at Somapura gate? Can you please share location.
Old 30th November 2018, 07:24   #1263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
There is a COCO at Somapura gate? Can you please share location.
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited - Sompura Service Station
SH 35, Bangalore road, Kada Agrahara, Sarjapur, Bengaluru, Karnataka 562125
076248 58597
https://goo.gl/maps/Vj8sYANA2FL2
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 06:48   #1264
BHPian

Bharat Petroleum Pump on ORR in HRBR layout (next to the underpass) tried to play a quick one on me yesterday. The total bill came around Rs2394 and he entered Rs2694 in the credit card machine and gave me the device in hand to enter the PIN. I entered the PIN and took the slip out. As my general habit goes, I checked the amount on the paper slip and caught him. He started singing "Saar, wo galti se 3 ki jagah 6 press ho gaya ".I snatched 300 from him and thanked my alertness and zoomed away. Be aware guys.
adi_gt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:07   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Bharat Petroleum Pump on ORR in HRBR layout (next to the underpass) tried to play a quick one on me yesterday. The total bill came around Rs2394 and he entered Rs2694 in the credit card machine and gave me the device in hand to enter the PIN. I entered the PIN and took the slip out. As my general habit goes, I checked the amount on the paper slip and caught him. He started singing "Saar, wo galti se 3 ki jagah 6 press ho gaya ".I snatched 300 from him and thanked my alertness and zoomed away. Be aware guys.
In this case, the amount overcharged may not come to the attendant but will go to the owner. But its always better to be alert, especially post the card swipe and checking if the amount tallies. Usually, there would be a line of cars waiting behind you and the attendant will ask you to move forward while he is swiping the card. So this hurry causes diversion and we may overlook the amounts.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 11:04   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Since I use only premium-priced VPOWER petrol on all our vehicles, finding some inconsistencies in its quality. Filled up at Gottigere Shell and could instantly make out they filled normal Petrol and charged for VPOWER. Kept the bill secure, filed a complaint and asking them to prove to me that the petrol is VPOWER indeed. Engine smoothness went for a toss and facing vibrations during acceleration. What are the parameters, if we were to check?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 11:05   #1267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Bharat Petroleum Pump on ORR in HRBR layout (next to the underpass) tried to play a quick one on me yesterday. T
That's nothing.

Someone I know and used to be active around here got swiped for 18,000 INR on his card to fill a full tank of petrol in his bike worth 1800 INR.

He realized it only after a few kms down the road (I think he got a call from the Bank or something) and went back to get the whole thing sorted.

Beat that

PS: Any COCO outlets in the HRBR Area?
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 22:40   #1268
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like a new Shell outlet is about to open near Bellandur flyover on ORR.

The empty plot next to Empire restaurant, which was used as parking lot of empire is where construction is ongoing.

With that, Shell will cover both sides of the ORR, almost opposite and next to Citrus there is already a Shell bunk. However, worry that the already bad section of the road in terms of traffic will become worst.
Old 21st December 2018, 10:04   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Hi Suhas, the famed Shell quality is a myth! We use Power in most of our petrol cars/bikes/scooter and for months we suffered regular fuel being passed on as 'premium'. We fueled only at Lalbagh from then on but it's still 10KMs away. Then, one day I dashed a mail to them (and they take minimum 3 weeks to respond), a typical response would be "sir, can you please check now and verify?" And miraculously the fuel quality would be restored. This happened at Gottigere recently and I again lodged a complaint, and after 4 weeks they ask you to verify. So the system is designed to protect these guys.

So what I will do next is store this fuel (Rs250 containers at Shell itself), which I feel is faulty, and give it to them for inspection - as there is no parameter testing on premium fuels to show to the 'doubting consumer'. I shall also hand it over to the authorities, but not sure what would come of it. The above is purely my personal opinion.

Quote:
Looks like a new Shell outlet is about to open near Bellandur flyover on ORR.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 11:01   #1270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hi Suhas, the famed Shell quality is a myth! We use Power in most of our petrol cars/bikes/scooter and for months we suffered regular fuel being passed on as 'premium'.
I have a different story. One day I was low on petrol in my Activa so went into the new Shell opposite EGL. Since the bike lanes were crowded I went to one of the regular lanes (where they dispense only V-Power) and filled up. I think there's been at least a 10 kmpl improvement in the mileage; will know for sure at the time of next fill (I do full tank to full tank method of estimating mileage).
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 11:15   #1271
Senior - BHPian

I have stopped going to shell these days. Everytime I fill vpower, I find the car to be less smooth than when filling regular fuel from a coco psu bunk. Something is not right.

The only fuel worth spending extra on these days is power 99. Totally worth the money.
Old 21st December 2018, 12:19   #1272
Senior - BHPian

I'm just saying the quality is not consistent across Shell outlets. They give a standard dialogue that there is a separate tank for POWER - and mixing is not possible, but at the dispenser end it's not evident! However, The Lalbagh outlet is excellent - and never fails to impress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I have a different story.
Old 21st December 2018, 12:21   #1273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I have stopped going to shell these days. Everytime I fill vpower, I find the car to be less smooth than when filling regular fuel from a coco psu bunk. Something is not right.

The only fuel worth spending extra on these days is power 99. Totally worth the money.
I've stopped using Shell as well ever since an Essar pump opened nearby. Essar sells only normal unleaded, so no pestering for "power try madi sir". He claims petrol comes to him from the same refineries which supply to Shell. It's been nearly 1.5 years since I've been using Essar and no complaints.

For my GTI I am using Speed 97 and am quite happy with it. Regular fuel really robs it of a lot of a peppiness and good feel. Tried Power 99 once or twice, but felt 97 gave me best results.
Old 23rd December 2018, 20:06   #1274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hi Suhas, the famed Shell quality is a myth!.
Yes agree that the weakest link is the dealer. If you end up with an unscrupulous dealer, it doesn't matter what OMC you are using.

For me however, Bellandur shell is the best option since other bunks around are known to cheat. Atleast I haven't faced any cheating incidents from Bellandur Shell. If there was a COCO bunk in ~ 4KMS radius, I would have happily opted for the same, sadly that is not the case.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 13:32   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
For me however, Bellandur shell is the best option since other bunks around are known to cheat. Atleast I haven't faced any cheating incidents from Bellandur Shell. If there was a COCO bunk in ~ 4KMS radius, I would have happily opted for the same, sadly that is not the case.
+1 to that. I'm residing in Bellandur for past 7 years and am a regular to this Shell outlet. Have tried other options in the vicinity and have been cheated twice. Had one incident in Shell Bellandur where I opted for a tank full after a driving down from Chikmagalur and a combination of me being tired resulting in bad math, the bill printing of that particular pump(the attendant went inside to get a bill), fuel gauge going for a toss made be doubt this place. I raised the concern to them and asked for an explanation. I was promptly attended to by the manager (who was a little annoyed and rightly so), who took in my car gladly and proved to me that I was wrong. I always fill only till auto cut off, the manager filled to the brim and proved that it was indeed a tank fill. He also used the same pump and filled a measuring can to show that they are calibrated on a daily basis. His confidence in his work and my incident just reinstated my long standing experience with them.
FYI, there is a new Shell outlet that opened today on the other side service road as well. Just before the Central mall, as soon as the flyover starts. Not sure if it is the same dealer, will check it out today. My only grouse was that I had to take a couple of U-turns to fill up at that Shell, which might not be needed anymore now. Anyone who stays in that area would know that it can take from anywhere between 20-60mins to refuel, dependent on what time of the day it is.
Mukund is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed