Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 20:32   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Dieselfan --- There is a new Shell pump kinda close to that IOC pump opposite woodlands hotel.

It is near Lalbagh. The road that connects the Wilson Garden-Ashoka Pillar road junction to the Lalbagh-K H Road junction. Technically that road is called Hosur Road.
Old 13th October 2009, 10:03   #122
BHPian

bpcl in 80ft road koramangala is a good one - i think its a coco !

even advaith on silk board to btm road is good.

i always feel comfortable with a neighbourhood pump.
Old 13th October 2009, 11:42   #123
BHPian

Shell Unleaded for both my babies and always from the Shell fuel station on Old Madras Rd.
Old 13th October 2009, 12:51   #124
BHPian

Hey, Is there any COCO (Company Owned Company Operated) pumps anywhere near Hebbal. I use Shell on Bellary Road (After CBI Road towards Mekhri Circle) most of times. Sometimes (should say rarely) I use the IOC in front of Manyata Embassy Business Park.
Somehow I dont like the Shell fuel due to black smoke on my Safari. I need to switch from Shell to IOC or Speed, but yet to find one reliable pump in the vicinity.
Old 17th October 2009, 17:59   #125
BHPian

I live in the Indiranagar / CV Raman Nagar area. I have had bad experiences in pumps below (Usually getting cheated by the 200-300 / 200-800 gimmick)

Worst Pumps:
- HP near Baghmane tech park
- Indian Oil near the Indiranagar Police Stn
- BP on Old Airport road Domlur (This is the worst)
- HP near Manipal Hospital (can give a good competition to the BP Pump above)

Good Pumps:
-BP in front of Manipal Hospital Old Airport road.
-Shell Old Madras Road
-Shell (Newly opened) Near Vignyan Nagar on the road from BEML gate towards Kaggadaspura/ Basava Nagar.

The thing I love about Shell pumps is:
-Friendly attendents.
-Strict quality control
-Reciepts given even if you fill 1 Ltr.

I only fill at Shell pumps now.
Old 18th November 2009, 12:53   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshnr View Post
even advaith on silk board to btm road is good.
@Vignesh, i beg to differ about advaith pump -- its not good. I had been filling regularly there till my friend asked me to fill it from IOC near BTM water tank. And the difference in mileage is huge - about 2 kmpl for my swift D. and IOC is a COCO as per my understanding.

I no longer fill from Advaith -- i prefer IOC.
Old 19th November 2009, 16:55   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
I live in the Indiranagar / CV Raman Nagar area. I have had bad experiences in pumps below (Usually getting cheated by the 200-300 / 200-800 gimmick)

Worst Pumps:
- HP near Baghmane tech park
- Indian Oil near the Indiranagar Police Stn
- BP on Old Airport road Domlur (This is the worst)
- HP near Manipal Hospital (can give a good competition to the BP Pump above)

Good Pumps:
-BP in front of Manipal Hospital Old Airport road.
-Shell Old Madras Road
-Shell (Newly opened) Near Vignyan Nagar on the road from BEML gate towards Kaggadaspura/ Basava Nagar.

The thing I love about Shell pumps is:
-Friendly attendents.
-Strict quality control
-Reciepts given even if you fill 1 Ltr.

I only fill at Shell pumps now.
Been filling at the BP opposite Manipal Hospital for the last 6 years. Now absolutely no complaints. Avoid every other pump in the area all of them are crooks.
Old 19th November 2009, 17:23   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@DieselFan, why not the Shell on Mysore road, just before that (Gopalan ?) Mall ? When you are coming from BHEL towards KR Market, it is on the left side.

I am not able to recollect any (good) IOC bunk on those roads.
If one can take a detour near the IISC and go through Gokula-Mathikere-Ring Road-Mysore Road, there is a very good IOC pump (Jalahalli Service Station), a little before entering the ring road near BEL circle. I forget the name of this road now, is it old BEL road? I was a regular there for five years. There is a HP pump next to this, and it should be avoided at all costs.
Old 19th November 2009, 20:42   #129
BHPian

One of the worst is 9th block petrol bunk,because the workers cheat a lot.Also the one near BTM with the in & out place is horrible because of the same reason!
Old 21st January 2010, 11:22   #130
Senior - BHPian

I always use BP gas station at Jeevanbhima nagar, and happy with their service
Old 21st January 2010, 14:36   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I always use BP gas station at Jeevanbhima nagar, and happy with their service
Fully agree. They are 24/7. Very professional, don't waste time and the quality of petrol is good. I get the same results with them and the BP opposite Manipal Hospital. Infact I think they are the only decent ones in and around Airport Road, Indiranagar, Jeevan Bheema Nagar, Tippasandra.

I sometimes feel sad for the guys who go to the other bunks in this area. Are they aware that they get ripped?
Old 21st January 2010, 14:41   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Fully agree. They are 24/7. Very professional, don't waste time and the quality of petrol is good. I get the same results with them and the BP opposite Manipal Hospital. Infact I think they are the only decent ones in and around Airport Road, Indiranagar, Jeevan Bheema Nagar, Tippasandra.

I sometimes feel sad for the guys who go to the other bunks in this area. Are they aware that they get ripped?
Even if they are aware they are not in a position to go all the way(almost 8-10) to fill 500/- of petrol. For going and coming itself they will lose 1/2ltr of petrol. So out of 10 ltr even if the petrol is adulterated they will lose by 1 or 2 kms/ltr which amounts to 2 lts but it is over period of 10 days max and humans have a tendency to forget things faster.
Old 24th February 2010, 22:56   #133

Hi guys,

Had my part of experience with IOC today so thought I should share it with everyone here.

I usually fill up my bike before it hits bottom or reserve, just before the upper limit of red mark. For any new bunk I try, I fill up for 100/-. It generally puts the needle till middle of the meter without I needing to tilt my bike or drive some distance.

There is a (new?) IOC bunk opened in HSR Sector 2, 19th Main, HI-Tech auto services. I have used them twice but never noticed the volume filled. Today I decided to fill up my bike from this bunk. It was around 8:00-9:00 pm when it started.

The attendants were decent, showed me 'zero' and did not deviate me from mode of payment etc - though the first time I had gone there, they had tried these tricks and failed miserably after getting stern look and a hard NO.

The meter seemed to run fine, I monitored the readings carefully till it hit 100.00 and it looked okay to me. I paid the amount and decided to check the fuel needle. After minutes the needle had raised only marginally. It was no where close to the middle. I asked one attendant to get me a bill copy which he did promptly. I continued to wait for the needle to move up, to the expected position and then I realized this was it.

Like most other IOC bunks, this one inspite of being newly opened, is cheating. Now I tried to ask attendants what is going on. I showed them the needle and explained my question in english and hindi. Of course, they didn't knew any of these and continued in Kannada. After several minutes of arguing, one of them pointed to a person who probably was in charge of the bunk - again a kannadigan. This person got briefed by the attendants and by the looks of him, he knew what was going on. And instead of coming and talking to me, he moved forth and went beyond the bunk to the air fillers. He kept standing there killing time waiting for me to leave.

And it happened that the owners of this bunk (apparently) - one middle-aged man around late 30's / early 40s and other in his 50's came out on their activa. The older one got briefed and then the in charge came in uttering some non-sense in kannada. As I shut him up, the younger of other 2 came in and tried explaining that this pump was recently audited and they are clean!

The older person is smart a##. Be cautious of his sweet talks. He listened to me and why I thought there was an issue with this bunk. Then he says, 'listen sir, I am not related to this bunk in any way' and blah blah blah...

And a few minutes later during his absurd lengthy talking, he admits this is his petrol pump for which he pays 10,000/- every month! wtx liar

The other owner - younger guy - kept on talking about this being a new bunk, it is customer friendly, that attendants are told to show 'zero' to customers and other english..

It is an exact analogy to earlier scenarios when it was the attendants who used to talk customers into their bullsh*t as they cheated them away.
I observed the same was happening today just the difference was in this case the owners were doing the dirty stuff shamelessly straight in the face.

After all their talking, I asked them one question - How is all your talk going to verify if the volume of petrol filled is correct? They refused to answer. The old man hopped on to his activa and started uttering nonsense about him always helping the customers and went away. None of them even offered to get it checked. Not even once.

Once the older man left, the other owner came in and now started raising his voice a bit. The customers were filling in now on bikes and they were watching. So, I made a point to make sure everyone listens to what I had been saying. By now, bikers were turning their heads and knew a customer was complaining about cheating by the bunk...

Finally, I decided to cut off the irrelevant talk coming from the other end and drove off. I drove around 1-2 km and till the time I reached home, the needle was still below the normal mark.

I am sure the volume filled was less, the owners were not clean and this petrol bunk is yet another feather in IOC cheat list.

2 questions I need your opinion on:

1. Should this be reported to IOC? Will it make any difference? I have come to know from co-workers corruption is deeply rooted in petrol bunk dealers and investigating officers / cops and it sometimes turn to violence.

2. Any other bunk in and around HSR / ORR which is reliable.

Best Regards,
iVictor
Old 25th February 2010, 08:04   #134
Senior - BHPian

I found the bunk next to Forum (opp to Yamaha showroom) pretty reliable. No nonsense. I guess they have no time to talk/distract as the surge of people per signal shoot is quite large. Anyone have a bad experience there ?
Old 25th February 2010, 11:21   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVictor View Post
I asked one attendant to get me a bill copy which he did promptly. I continued to wait for the needle to move up, to the expected position and then I realized this was it.
Was the bill machine generated or hand written ?

Quote:
1. Should this be reported to IOC? Will it make any difference? I have come to know from co-workers corruption is deeply rooted in petrol bunk dealers and investigating officers / cops and it sometimes turn to violence.
There is no use reporting this incident. You can't change the system overnight.

Try to visit only your trusted filling stations, where you are sure of quality and quantity.

Quote:
2. Any other bunk in and around HSR / ORR which is reliable.
Shell petrol pump near Bosch building on Hosur Road is excellent. Just try Shell once and you will never go to any other petrol pump.

Rohan

Most Viewed