Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2021, 11:27   #1381
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

I think it was diesel you filled from Essar. I frequently go towards Akshaya Nagar or can go, so have no problems filling from there. Pleasantly surprised their price is equal to IOCL/ BP/ HP.
Old 24th April 2021, 12:32   #1382
Senior - BHPian

Condor, It's new and I'm not seeing in maps. You know the Brigade Millennium road that leads to JP Nagar 8th Phase? Just before Vishal Mega mart. (There is a HDFC Bank and a temple). Its right there on the right side
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Sebring, location please. JP nagar has many main roads across the 9km that it stretches across
Old 29th April 2021, 13:36   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
The Doddanekundi shell is permanently closed....No idea why, probably a take over of the land by real estate.
Just learnt that this is to give way for the upcoming metro line and the station is planned to be at that spot.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 17:05   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
Does any one know a COCO near Meenakshi, Hulimavu locality? Presently I make do with BP which seems good so far, looking for a better option. I would not be interested in Shell so much, probably prefer BP and HP COCO Diesel. I can go up to 5 KMs from Meenakshi Temple on BG Road.
The BP in Hulimavu is a great option and has been around for long without many complaints and is also rated great among the dealer outlets due to their low complaints and good compliance. So, why change when the going is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Your nearest COCO would be the IOCL at BTM Layout close to the upcoming BTM layout Metro station. Next closest is BP on Bannerghatta Road, after Jayadeva.

Alternately, I think there is an Essar Bunk not far from the Shell you mentioned.

There is a new BP bunk behind Brand Factory - on that wide road that goes towards the lake. (if you are going from JD mara signal, after Brand factory, take left on that wide road.) But not sure if it is a COCO.

Not aware of any other COCO bunks in the area.
No that's not a COCO but nevertheless it is good bunk and you could try that.
Old 22nd June 2021, 17:36   #1385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
No that's not a COCO but nevertheless it is good bunk and you could try that.
It had a board all the time that I used it. Unless they moved out recently.

I have not been that side since I have found a newer place closer home/ on my regular route.
Old 7th August 2021, 14:41   #1386
BHPian

Condor - Google map location for Cauvery Petro Serviceshttps://https://goo.gl/maps/hZVeawecrZhza6Dx7 [ A Bharat Petroleum Franchise ]

Srinivass - you might want to try Ekadanta IOCL outlet next to Gottigere Shell is also as good as IOCL COCO. Using it for the last few years since they opened this outlet.
blorebuddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 05:18   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Noticed a Shell outlet at 80ft Road Thipasandra, right opposite to 6th main Indiranagar. The location is good, but the current 'T' junction will soon turn into a '+' junction with vehicles from 6th Main directly accessing the outlet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
There was a plot there lying vacant for several years and I was expecting a commercial building/supermarket to come up there. This could make the place even more messy due to the entry to 6th main being right opposite.
After seeing this place under construction for nearly 2 years, I finally saw this shell petrol bunk operational yesterday
srvm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 10:52   #1388
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
After seeing this place under construction for nearly 2 years, I finally saw this shell petrol bunk operational yesterday
They were open a year ago and recently closed temporarily for another renovation and looks like they're open again!
Old 21st August 2021, 11:24   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
They were open a year ago and recently closed temporarily for another renovation and looks like they're open again!
I don't think they were ever open. They were set to open but one of the neighbour's objected and got a stay.
Old 16th October 2021, 09:11   #1390
Distinguished - BHPian

Even as Shell bunks continue to come up everywhere, it looks like the Reliance bunk at Goruguntepalya has closed.

Folks, if you see any Reliance bunks coming up in Bangalore, do share here.
Old 16th October 2021, 09:33   #1391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
I don't think they were ever open.
FWIW, I had a fill at this Thippasandra Shell on 9 September. It was operational then.
Old 25th October 2021, 19:47   #1392
BHPian

Hello All, Wanted to report about an IOCL petrol station that must be avoided in JP Nagar (at Delmia signal).
Please search for "Indian Oil - Hymesh Filling Station". (Plus code WH4V+JQ Bengaluru, Karnataka).

The modus operandi is pretty simple.
The filling guy ignores when you will ask for a full tank and stops midway, usually when the meter reads Rs 500. Then without resetting the counter he keeps on filling and then adds the 500 to the bill.

If you read through the reviews you will see plenty of complaints.
I wonder if there is a way to report these kind of activities.
ayankm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 19:54   #1393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
Hello All, Wanted to report about an IOCL petrol station that must be avoided in JP Nagar (at Delmia signal).
Please search for "Indian Oil - Hymesh Filling Station".
That bunk is amongst those which I pass by very regularly, but in many years, I may have filled up there 3-4 times, mostly for my scooter.

Any bunk that is not busy is screaming to be avoided - unless it's an emergency. And even then, only that much to get you to a better pump. The property of this particular pump was under litigation till some time back. I think that they are still operating more to avoid any contractual obligations with IOCL. That pump is pure real estate gold.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 11:58   #1394
Senior - BHPian

I avoid going to BPCL petrol pump, on the junction of Kamaraj Road - Wheeler Road. This happened several years back. I noticed them trying to cheat by first filling for Rs 300, then starting from there took it to Rs 700, when I asked for Rs 1000 to be filled.

Used to be a regular customer, but stopped going there after that incident.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 17:33   #1395
BHPian

Shell has increased the price of Diesel from 9th May 2022. Now, it's Rs. 100.94, in Bangalore. Do you still feel it's worth even with a difference of Rs. 6.15. Earlier difference was around Rs. 2/-, but now the gap has widened. Or, is it an indication that soon, PSU's will increase the Fuel prices.

Petrol is Rs. 119.12, which is about Rs. 8/- more than the state owned companies. The difference of Rs. 6-8 was always there in Petrol, but probably the first time we are seeing such big difference in Diesel.

Last edited by jaaz : 14th May 2022 at 17:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks