Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2023, 00:04   #1441
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

@manubg92
Specifically if you are looking for IOCL pump, there is one IOC pump opposite to Jnanakshi School in RR Nagar.
There is another IOCL pump near RR Nagar arch once we enter from Mysore Road side towards RR Nagar.
Old 17th May 2023, 16:07   #1442
BRV
BHPian

About MRPL HiQ - Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd. Hi Quality Fuel

One of my friend recommended MRPL that the fuel from MRPL gives good mileage. So, when we were going on a trip from Bangalore - Udupi Via Charmady, we filled in petrol from MRPL

Two cars - Tiago Petrol (Friend's 2 year old) and Tiago Diesel (mine 5 year old)

Both cars tanked up (auto cutoff) at the start - Diesel from IOCL and Petrol from MRPL HiQ

In Udupi after 432 kms from Bangalore both cars tanked up again.
Diesel - 20.5 ltr (~ 21 kmpl)
Petrol - 23.2 ltr (~ 19 kmpl)

Both cars had same number of passengers, same route, similar driving style with AC running. There is only 2 kmpl difference between Diesel and Petrol. My friend didn't observed the performance of the engine.

We have not tried diesel, will try it next time.

Experts: Is the fuel different in MRPL compared to others which gives higher mileage?
BRV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 15:24   #1443
BHPian

Did anyone notice the Indian oil bunk opposite JSS college in Uttarahalli - Kengeri main road that it displays a huge hoarding stating that it is a COCO bunk but the bill mentions the name as Nikhil & Co!

I asked the attendant at the fuel station and he says it is maintained by Nikhil & Co!

Am i missing something?
Old 26th May 2023, 19:05   #1444
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubg92 View Post
Thanks condor for the update. I’m looking for only IOCL as I use xp95. Will check out the one near BGS main gate. Thanks a lot.
Check the IOCL bunk on Kenchanahalli Road, opp the Reliance Smart & quite close to the Rashtrotthana hospital. Friend fills there regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppanna View Post
Did anyone notice the Indian oil bunk opposite JSS college in Uttarahalli - Kengeri main road that it displays a huge hoarding stating that it is a COCO bunk but the bill mentions the name as Nikhil & Co!
It was earlier Nilugal Services, but became a COCO a year back. The bunk is ok, though does not seem very popular - may be due to the location.
Old 26th May 2023, 20:11   #1445
BHPian

MRPL HiQ - Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd has opened an outlet near Begur lake. The location is very convenient and easily accessible. Its on the left side of the double road adjacent to the lake if one is going towards Hosur road. For those coming from Hosur road there is turn right in front of the bunk.
The bunk is spacious and staff is professional. For air fills the attendants will not accept tips, even if you force them to take
I have been filling diesel for my X1 and petrol for the interceptor. The quality of the fuel is good and has been giving me on par mileage with other bunks in the vicinity. Overall satisfied with the service.
shijinpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 15:30   #1446
BHPian

I am looking for any trusted petrol pumps for xp95 (RON-95) fuel in the following routes

1. Budigere cross
2. hoskote-whitefield main road
3. hoskote area
4. KR Puram to hoskote main road

I usually fill at IOCL COCO on the way to phoenix mall however the wait time is longer due to single dispense for both cars and bikes. At times, bikes jump the queue and cars end up waiting more time.
Old 17th July 2023, 17:33   #1447
BHPian

Does anyone know any trusted PSU bunks in Yeshwanthpur/Tumkur Road. We have like 3 Shell bunks around here but I am planning to fill up from other brands going forward.

Any COCO bunks here? There arent many PSU ones in the first place here unless I have to drive some distance, but anything in the vicinity. Or mostly also on the way to Hosur would help.
Old 2nd September 2023, 12:20   #1448
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking for IOCL bunk for xp95 petrol near Whitefield Bangalore. The COCO outlets in Mahadevpura didn't have stock few weeks back I visited. One of them did not even have petrol stock! Both these outlets are out of the way for me so don't want to take a chance this time wading thru Phoenix mall traffic.

Can anyone confirm if they have stock now? There phone lines are not working.

Any other recommendations ?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 2nd September 2023 at 12:41.
Old 4th September 2023, 12:09   #1449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I'm looking for IOCL bunk for xp95 petrol near Whitefield Bangalore. The COCO outlets in Mahadevpura didn't have stock few weeks back I visited. One of them did not even have petrol stock! Both these outlets are out of the way for me so don't want to take a chance this time wading thru Phoenix mall traffic.

Can anyone confirm if they have stock now? There phone lines are not working.

Any other recommendations ?
Try downloading the Indian Oil App - it shows the nearest bunks, and you can filter for the exact product you look for - xp95 in your case. I use this and have managed to get xp95 in obscure places.
Old 6th September 2023, 00:41   #1450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
Try downloading the Indian Oil App - it shows the nearest bunks, and you can filter for the exact product you look for - xp95 in your case. I use this and have managed to get xp95 in obscure places.
Thanks for the suggestion. As per the app, every pump in the vicinity has xp95.! Not sure whether this is true. How reliable is the info shown on the app?
This is the first time I'll try an Indian Oil pump (I always prefer BP/HP/Shell). Want to try the xp95 given that people are raving about it.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 6th September 2023 at 00:45.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 08:04   #1451
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2693 View Post
Does anyone know any trusted PSU bunks in Yeshwanthpur/Tumkur Road.
The IOCL bunk after BIEC looks popular. Lots of trucks too seen there.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 13:30   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. As per the app, every pump in the vicinity has xp95.! Not sure whether this is true. How reliable is the info shown on the app?
This is the first time I'll try an Indian Oil pump (I always prefer BP/HP/Shell). Want to try the xp95 given that people are raving about it.
Since all these bunks are linked and updated, I would like to believe that it real time data for each bunk.

The app is clunky but the information has been always very reliable. Like I mentioned I have used this app to identify remote bunks in Sagar district that actually stocked XP95.
sai_ace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 11:46   #1453
BHPian

I have been filling in Petrol at IOCL in Thippasandra recently and been having pretty fair experience. But recently the attendant seemed to have filled 5 litres less by breaking my 35 litres demand to 5 litres and then remaining! It was my mistake that I did not get out of the car as well.

Is BPCL petrol equally good as the XP95 of IOCL? There are a couple of BPCL petrol bunks near JB Nagar and Manipal Hospital in Bangalore. Shell is very good, but is also prohibitively expensive and do not want to go there unless there is no other choice. MRPL seems to be good, but there is none nearby!
Old 7th November 2023, 11:55   #1454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
Is BPCL petrol equally good as the XP95 of IOCL?
BPCL or IOCL or .. ? Well, I suggest to try and see. I feel the FE I get differs from one company to another. IOCL has worked for me, so I stick that.

Regarding your experience at the bunk, you could just be more vigilant going forward. In case the attendant tries such tricks, ask for the dispense log. (Check other posts in the thread here)
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 10:05   #1455
BHPian

Can anyone share if the petrol from different oil marketing companies have different levels (%) of ethanol mix? Higher ethanol mix seems to be dragging down the fuel efficiency in BS4 petrol vehicles of 7+ years vintage, hence the question.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks