Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 16:10   #91
Senior - BHPian

This is indeed a great service. Shows the commitment of the management to their customers.

May their tribe increase.
Old 24th September 2008, 07:00   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I am a regular at the BP petrol bunk at 27th Main in HSR Layout. The service is very professional...if you mention full tank...the attendent will just set the nozzle and move away from your car. Last sunday, when i went there, i saw a notice " Self service option available..ask attendent for instructions". It was good to see one petrol bunk telling the customers that they are free to try out on their own if they suspect the people there.
I also do fill there occasionally, the place is good, but one should be cautious of the person filling in also. See quote below on one of the user experience there.
Quote:
Action Taken: Warning regarding Bharat Petrol Pump on 27th Main, HSR Layout

Hi All,
I thought of giving updates on the below mentioned incident. After I got similar responses on our yahoo group, I lodged a complaint with BP against this outlet.They promptly responded back. It seems the owner of the outlet was not aware of this duping business. He called me up and ensured me that he will take corrective actions.
On Saturday, I went to the same outlet to refuel my tank and incidentally happened to meet the owner. He updated me saying that he has fired those people as I was not able to see them around. On a positive note, I got more mileage after refueling it from this service station as compared to when I refuel my car from other bunks.
I guess we should give him another chance and people who stopped visiting this place can give it a try.
Thanks for your time,
Regards,
xxxx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 02:53 PM
To: xxxx
Subject: [xxxx] Warning regarding Bharat Petrol Pump on 27th Main, HSR Layout
Hi All,
I had a bad experience at Bharat Petrol Pump on 27th Main, HSR Layout which is just before Husna Sahar Arcade. The guys there tried to dupe me of my money by manipulating the meter reading. Thankfully, I smelled the foul and raised this issue with the manager. However, the manager tried to cover the issue and made the car tank full within that amount. By his behavior, I got the feeling that he is also involved. So, that’s why I have dropped this mail to warn you to either stop refueling your tanks from the particular fuel station or be careful while visiting this place.
If anybody had faced similar issue before, please share the same on this forum for everybody’s benefit.
Regards,
xxxx
Old 24th September 2008, 08:08   #93
Team-BHP Support

The HP bunk at Marathalli has stopped supplying normal petrol. Three times i have gone there with my bike, and they have said that only premium petrol was available.
This bunk has now been taken off my radar.
Old 24th September 2008, 10:05   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
The HP bunk at Marathalli has stopped supplying normal petrol. Three times i have gone there with my bike, and they have said that only premium petrol was available.
This bunk has now been taken off my radar.

which bunk is this?

I have tried the BP bunk at sadashivanagar, BP towards the end of brigade road, the shell near Iskon. (yeah Shell charges a premium but the Engine did feel a bit smoother)
None of these bunks gave me the FE that I get when I fill up at Gojer.

P.S
when I go there early mornings I get self service They know me well now.
Old 24th September 2008, 10:22   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
which bunk is this?
There is just one HP bunk in Marathalli, and thats beside Brand Factory.
Old 29th September 2008, 17:38   #96
BHPian

IOC bunk on Airport road(Kodihalli) is worst.
I always avoid that place, but had to fill up once, and the average dropped by 2kmpl in that fill.
Another bad fill which I got is IOC near Mallya Hospital.
Old 22nd May 2009, 06:17   #97
BHPian

Experience HP Next to COSCO MALL ITPL ROAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKP View Post
My bad experiences are,

1. HP near the new COSMO mall on Brookefields.
I was searching for good HP Petrol pump near BEML layout in Bangalore. The search ended up with the HP pump right next Cosco mall on ITPL road. The reason for a HP pump is because I hold a ICICI-HP credit card and will get rid of 5 % surcharge , if used to fuel my vehicle. Now, the first step was to check the users review on this HP fuel station. When searched in team-bhp, I found one thread which advices us to keep away from this fuel station next to Cosco mall. Having read such a review, I decided to visit this station. Went in there in last weekend, met the Managing Partner Mr. Madhukar Reddy. I am not too sure about the name, but this is my best guess. He spoke to me very politely, requested me to sit down and enquired about the purpose of my visit. I requested him to help me with a quality and quantity check. He was more than willing do that for me.

He then assisted by one his employee, pumped in 5 litres of fuel to a Weight and measures calibrated 5 ltr container, He did not failed to mention that there could be 15 mil difference is possible. The container filled neck to neck, I was convinced. Now the next thing was to get the adulteration check. He has told me the detailed procedures of filter paper check. If any stains or sediments found on the white filter paper, then it is adulterated fuel. When checked, I did not find any stains or sediments either. So it is my best understanding that the fuel is good enough.

Now this pump falls between 2 Shell pumps, one at Siddhapura and the other next to Gopalan School and with the volume of business they do, I don't find any reason for them to cheat customers. I have the pictures of procedure that are followed. I will upload them soon.

Also note that, with little bit English and Hindi they know, the boys at this pump are more than happy to greet you and request you to check zero. I have also learned from Madhukar that there is a sensor tag system which automatically sets to zero after every fuel filling. He also directed all his employees to request the customers to check the final reading before they move on. I guess there is no reason for me to doubt this particular pump anymore. On a side note, this pump also serves us with nitrogen filling.

Dear Team-BHPians, can you please guide me whether there is any reason for me to still doubt this fuel station based on the previous review?
Old 22nd May 2009, 18:05   #98
Senior - BHPian

BP next to Leela best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
The best so far is DM & Sons on Airport Road opposite Manipal Hospital. Always reliable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKP View Post
My bad experiences are,

1. HP near the new COSMO mall on Brookefields.
2. The one at the entrance to Industrial area Whitefield (just before SAP labs campus)
3. HP on Airport road next to Golf course road.

The one opposite Manipal Hospital (BP) is a good one. I fill there all the time and I can make out the difference.
Absolutely agree with muralisk & HKP on the BP outlet next to Leela hotel. It's called DM & Sons and I've had no problems with them so far. I always stand next to the attendant while filling so no distraction issues either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
I always avoid that place, but had to fill up once, and the average dropped by 2kmpl in that fill.
Worst bunk on airport road. Very shady folks. Believe it or not my fuel distance to indicator instantly showed 'lower kms to empty' than what I see when filling at BP next to Leela. Fuel quantity was the same. As anticipated, car ran lower kms on the fill.

Never fill here unless ur car stops exactly opposite to them.
Old 22nd May 2009, 18:56   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Absolutely agree with muralisk & HKP on the BP outlet next to Leela hotel. It's called DM & Sons and I've had no problems with them so far. I always stand next to the attendant while filling so no distraction issues either.

Worst bunk on airport road. Very shady folks. Believe it or not my fuel distance to indicator instantly showed 'lower kms to empty' than what I see when filling at BP next to Leela. Fuel quantity was the same. As anticipated, car ran lower kms on the fill.

Never fill here unless ur car stops exactly opposite to them.
I complete agree with this. DM & Sons has been the best in my view,so far. I have rarely gone to HP ( between Total Mall and Manipal hospital) and IOC in Airport road. But whenever I have, I got low FE than DM & Sons.
Old 22nd May 2009, 19:15   #100
Senior - BHPian

I only fill shell unleaded from the OMR Shell bunk. The fact that it is a stones throw (literally) away from my house helps . Have always found the guys/gals polite and the service excellent.
Old 25th May 2009, 14:59   #101

I regularly fill from the BP pump by the side of Madivala police station. The staff is courteous and the measurement is accurate. There is another BP pump in Koramangala, near HDFC bank, which is equally good.
Old 25th May 2009, 15:57   #102
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Another bad fill which I got is IOC near Mallya Hospital.
Bunk on Old Airport road - I do not remember which company it belonged to but, it was the first bunk on the left side if you are travelling from Airport to Manipal Hospital and comes after the hospital. Pathetic service. I waited 5 min's while the bunch of attenders was busy talking. They did not come even on calling them. Left and went to the next bunk as I was really short on fuel.

Last edited by RAC : 25th May 2009 at 16:00. Reason: edited hospital name
Old 25th May 2009, 22:37   #103
BHPian

HP in Chikka Banaswadi

I don't remember exactly if it's an HP or some other brand. One interesting thing about this filling station is that it's located bang in the middle of an fully residential area. Not much in terms of volume and the ambiance is more of a petrol bunk in a small town. It's mostly ladies run show there and they always ask you to check for zero. Have filled both petrol (for Pulsar) and diesel (for Siena) and faced no issues with both mileage and quality. The quantity was also correct based on quick calculations when I had a quarter tank of diesel left and know how much until a full tank.

I have no idea why it's located here as business is usually very slow. Anyone else have experience here? It's located in Chikka Banaswadi on the way to CMR law college from Kasturi Nagar railway bridge.

But I usually tank up in TN when on the way to Bangalore and again inside TN when on the way back. The Siena gives about 20 easily for my driving style on the higways. The best I got was 23 kmpl from Chennai to Bangalore doing a steady 60 (max 70) sometime back. The reason for going so slow? The engine was overhauled and I was advised to take it easy.
Old 26th May 2009, 19:04   #104
kph
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin82 View Post
I don't remember exactly if it's an HP or some other brand. .
It's a BP, near the Kasturinagar water tank, on the way to CMR. That pump is only a couple of years old. Because of that location business is less. There is another BP on the way to Kammanahalli which used to be my regular pump when I used to stay there. I dont trust other pumps in the area.
Old 26th May 2009, 20:41   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonrajesh View Post
I complete agree with this. DM & Sons has been the best in my view,so far. I have rarely gone to HP ( between Total Mall and Manipal hospital) and IOC in Airport road. But whenever I have, I got low FE than DM & Sons.
I agree with you guys. I used to be regular at DM & Sons and found it good.

Do not go to HP (between Total mall and Manipal) even if they give fuel free. My brother in laws scorpio had severe harshness after filling from this pump.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks