Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2009, 10:00   #106
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varriers View Post
I was searching for good HP Petrol pump near BEML layout in Bangalore. The search ended up with the HP pump right next Cosco mall on ITPL road. The reason for a HP pump is because I hold a ICICI-HP credit card and will get rid of 5 % surcharge , if used to fuel my vehicle. Now, the first step was to check the users review on this HP fuel station. When searched in team-bhp, I found one thread which advices us to keep away from this fuel station next to Cosco mall. Having read such a review, I decided to visit this station. ...
...?

@varriers - great job. All it takes is one instance to complain about something, I fall in the same bracket and would have probably avoided the bunk unless desperate. You went a step ahead. Kudos to you man.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th May 2009 at 13:52. Reason: Please avoid quoting the entire large post, as it causes difficulties for our small-screen/mobile viewers. Thanks!
Old 27th May 2009, 10:58   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by varriers View Post
I was searching for good HP Petrol pump near BEML layout in Bangalore. The search ended up with the HP pump right next Cosco mall on ITPL road.

Dear Team-BHPians, can you please guide me whether there is any reason for me to still doubt this fuel station based on the previous review?
This bunk has been proved to be quite reliable, and also honest. Ever since Shell hiked their prices for normal petrol, i have switched to this bunk both for my bike as well as car, and found no reason to switch to another bunk even after Shell lowered its prices.

I have highly recommended this bunk to a lot of my colleagues and friends who now fill from here. That this bunk did not resort to artificial shortage when prices for fuel increased also goes in their favour, and another star in their good books. This bunk is now open 24 hours a day, going by their hoarding.

A big thumbs up to the HP bunk beside Cosmos Mall in Brookfields.
Old 15th June 2009, 16:31   #108
Senior - BHPian

New Shell pump @Basavanagar

It gives me great pleasure that finally I am going to get a Shell pump just a km from my house. A new Shell pump was under construction and hopefully should be functional in another 2 months time.

It is just at the end of Basavanagar Road rather the junction of Basavanagar and Vignananagar Main Roads.

Till now I have been travelling atleast 7-8km to do my refill.
Abhi
Old 15th June 2009, 16:33   #109
BANNED

The HP Bunk just after the Wind Tunnel/Pizza Hut Junction has a new management.

The earlier crooks are not there.
Old 15th June 2009, 16:50   #110
Senior - BHPian

HP pump in CV Raman Nagar near Bagmane Tech park is a COCO- Company owned & Company operated Pump. The fuel attenders are neatly dressed in HP colours & they are polite & reasonable. Looks like I trust this bunk as I never had a problems.

On the other hand at Divya HP Pump at Marthahalli the attenders are some time rude & they will always try to distract you (like asking for change /Card not working,offers) with some thing while filling fuel. I feel I have been tricked at least twice at this bunk & today I went to fill normal fuel, without asking they filled Power instead of normal petrol.
I don’t trust them any more & advise fellow BHPn’s to avoid this bunk.
Old 15th June 2009, 17:01   #111
Senior - BHPian

HP Bunk on Bannerghatta Road, just before Sagar Apollo Hospital and after jal Bhaven, if you are coming from jayadeva Hospital side.
Decent petrol pump.
Old 15th June 2009, 17:42   #112
BHPian

Shell on the new airport road. Great place, smiling faces.and good communications
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:45   #113
Senior - BHPian

hi

Reddy bunk at Nehru circle and Shell bunk near Iscon are by far the best
Old 5th September 2009, 18:28   #114
BHPian

Always at Shell, OMR, beside Big Bazaar. Besides fuel quality, I feel Shell is doing a good job to society also. They have employed diffreantially-able'd people, which no other oil company does in India.
Old 5th September 2009, 19:07   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Always at Shell, OMR, beside Big Bazaar. Besides fuel quality, I feel Shell is doing a good job to society also. They have employed diffreantially-able'd people, which no other oil company does in India.
You got it right, they source their outlet incharge/manager's from the hospitality industry. Thats where you get the edge.Cheers
Old 5th September 2009, 20:36   #116
BHPian

From last 3 months I have switched to Shell - either the one on Vittal Mallya Road (next to UB city) or the one near Lalbagh. Earlier I used to fill at the petrol pump opposite Lalbagh west gate (known popularly as Cauvery). Not that there was anything bad there, but my car feels much more refined with Shell. Shell is only 40p more than others.
Old 29th September 2009, 11:13   #117
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

I am looking for a good IOC pump on Mysore Road or residency road or Airport road. The one I was filling Woodland petrol pump(opposite Woodland hotel) has stopped stocking Normal IOC diesel and they stock only extramile which doesn't suite my car. Any suggestions.
Old 29th September 2009, 12:49   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
HP Bunk on Bannerghatta Road, just before Sagar Apollo Hospital and after jal Bhaven, if you are coming from jayadeva Hospital side.
Decent petrol pump.
Well I wouldn't be too sure of that one. Lets say I have had bad experiences before. So I wouldn't rate them 100% sure. They gang up on you once they are convinced, that you are gullible.
Old 8th October 2009, 18:25   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I have highly recommended this bunk to a lot of my colleagues and friends who now fill from here. That this bunk did not resort to artificial shortage when prices for fuel increased also goes in their favour, and another star in their good books. This bunk is now open 24 hours a day, going by their hoarding.

A big thumbs up to the HP bunk beside Cosmos Mall in Brookfields.
It is a nice feeling to know that there are many BHPians out there who has same experience. I have been filling fuel from this pump for almost 5 months now and my fiat gives me consistent city milege of 17 +/- 0.5 KMPL while it give 20+/- 0.5 KMPL on Highways with AC ON. I have maintained a spead sheet with precise KM readings of my CAR and BIKE to substantiate with data points.
Old 8th October 2009, 19:09   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
DieselFan : I am looking for a good IOC pump on Mysore Road or residency road or Airport road.
@DieselFan, why not the Shell on Mysore road, just before that (Gopalan ?) Mall ? When you are coming from BHEL towards KR Market, it is on the left side.

I am not able to recollect any (good) IOC bunk on those roads.

Quote:
arindambasu13 : HP Bunk on Bannerghatta Road, just before Sagar Apollo Hospital and after jal Bhaven, if you are coming from jayadeva Hospital side.
Decent petrol pump.
No HP bunk there, on that side. There is only a BP bunk there, which is now not as good as it was long time back. Just your regular bunk, if I can call it that ...

Last edited by condor : 8th October 2009 at 19:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks