Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 11:25   #151
Senior - BHPian

^^These guys must have special mathematical skills to keep track of how much and how many they cheated to collect that amount at the end of the day.
Old 1st March 2010, 11:30   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
This is India. No one can change the general mentality of people. It is only our collective psychological feeling "costlier the better" " foreign is good, desi is bad"
I am perplexed at the above statement for it is true and false both at the same time but different products, franchisee or location, and even situation/time eg. strikes, etc. - This is indeed India.

I for one generally feel if you get something good you've got to pay more (not the other way round )

Shell is one which I feel is a good VFM in terms of service and quality. Yes, this again is "mentality" because I have not really checked the quality/quantity there, but because there have been no instances hithertho of any complaints about Shell (The above being the first that I have come across). More of such instances would shake my confidence in Shell too. But until then, its Shell all the way!!!
Old 1st March 2010, 11:41   #153
Senior - BHPian

^^Well I know the quantity and the amount for the quantity on the receipt as well as the quality when my engine feels super smooth and does not gasp for breath at good speeds. Any change in the above calls for a scrutiny, be it Shell or any other brand or product.
Old 1st March 2010, 12:13   #154
Senior - BHPian

Even I can vouch for Shell. For my bike, if the fuel is from shell the mileage increases by 3kms/ltr and the engine is so smooth that it is very rare with other petrol bunks. But I have not tried the premium petrol from other brands
Old 1st March 2010, 17:36   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
My experience at Shell, Vignan Nagar

1. I got more milage with BPCl opp manipal hospital than Shell vignan nagar.
2. Windscreen wash and wipe was never offered
3. Attendants though polite, twice did not return the change when paid by cash. same excuse "No change sir"
4. CC to be charged by bank. they will not charge. Great.
5. After filling air, the attendant expected change. It happened all the three time i filled there.

So i shifted to BPCL.

This is India. No one can change the general mentality of people. It is only our collective psychological feeling "costlier the better" " foreign is good, desi is bad"
I beg to differ here. Are you sure you are referring to Shell? Seems very unlikely of their strict business protocol. I have been filling up at the Shell station next to Ganganagar on the busy Bellary (new airport) Road for about 2 years now. Its one of the smaller Shells compared to others but still they offer windscreen wash and ALWAYS have spare change. Maybe you might have gone during peak time when the queue was piling up. But otherwise, Shell and HP rank high on service and customer satisfaction. Well not all HP's, there is this one cheater HP on New BEL Road opposite Barista who tried to cheat me once. I asked for 10 liters of regular fuel and got out of the car. AT that moment another dude comes by and offers me some Club HP funda which I am not interested in. At that point of time, the guy who is filling up the car says it is done and closes my tank. I look at the pump reading, its back to 0.0, the last i saw was 5 liters. So i argue with him saying, how can he make the reading zero without me confirming that i have got my full 10 liters. He said there was someone else waiting and that vehicle also had to be filled up. At that point of time i was furious and called the manager in charge. I told him I asked for 10 liters and the fuel guage reading in the car is not confirming the same. I told him i always fill 10 liters and know exactly where the guage is showing 10 liters. The filling guy said its an issue with the guage itself! I then said I will not pay for the fuel and got in the car to drive off. The manager then asked me to calm down, park the car to the side and took a measuring stick to check the fuel level. As it turns out, I was right and the manager himself filled 10 liters in my car and apologized for this. He also gave that filling guy a piece of his mind. That was the last time I filled fuel at that HP station. The other HP station towards the BEL circle is good. Its the one which as US Pizza attached! He will always wash the wind screen and stuff like that. Shell I trust because there is something about their fuel which my car likes! I notice a sudden change in engine noise and the car becomes a lot more responsive. Maybe its a psychological effect, but one which I like!
Old 1st March 2010, 17:51   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
. Shell I trust because there is something about their fuel which my car likes! I notice a sudden change in engine noise and the car becomes a lot more responsive. Maybe its a psychological effect, but one which I like!
I agree with rjalihal and shishir. I fill my xylo with the regular unleaded diesel at shell on hosur road opposite wipro(bommanahalli),and somehow i feel there is less smoke from my vehicle when revved hard when compared to diesel from other pumps.
Old 1st March 2010, 18:04   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
^^These guys must have special mathematical skills to keep track of how much and how many they cheated to collect that amount at the end of the day.
There is a Totalizer in each machine Just like we have odometers in our cars the Totalizer gives out the qauntity dispensed and at the end of the shift the Sales boys have to hand over cash for the corresponding no. of Litres,hence what ever is surplus he pockets. So Special mathematical skills are not a requiste skill
Old 1st March 2010, 19:33   #158
Senior - BHPian

Some questions:

1. Are there any other pumps which have integrated billing system which give printed receipt (similar to the ones in Shell pumps) ?
Integrated billing and printed receipt make short fueling almost impossible.

2. Do Shell pumps have a tie up with some credit card company which does not charge fuel surcharge ?
My Citibank CC has a tie up with Indian Oil and ICICI Bank CC has a tie up with HP.

3. I have not been able to find a trustworthy Indial Oil or HP petrol pump. Any suggestions (in and around Koramangala) ?

Rohan
Old 1st March 2010, 21:22   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Some questions:

1. Are there any other pumps which have integrated billing system which give printed receipt (similar to the ones in Shell pumps) ?
Integrated billing and printed receipt make short fueling almost impossible.
All OMC's Be it HPCL, IOCL or BPCL have automated pumps so you have to find out if there is any close by to where you stay, The Dispensers which have a printer in them make Short fuelling 100% Impossible.
Old 2nd March 2010, 00:13   #160
BHPian

I need some help here, I am planning a biking trip from chennai to pune via bangalore, and for mileage and convenience reasons, i need to fill up at either of the ones on the NH4 near yeshwantpur. these pumps are open 24X7 according to shell india, but i am unable to locate them on any map. could someone please help me out here and send a google-map screenshot of the exact location of the pumps. The addressess (as on the shell website) are:
Survey No 17, Nagasandra Village, Yeshwantpur Hobli, Bangalore North Taluk
&
36/3, Tumkur Main Road, Opp. to RMC Yard, Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore - 560022
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:31   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
2. Do Shell pumps have a tie up with some credit card company which does not charge fuel surcharge ?
My Citibank CC has a tie up with Indian Oil and ICICI Bank CC has a tie up with HP.
I think they have a tie-up with HSBC, not sure though. But I use my HDFC Bank Platinum plus card at all bunks freely. No surcharge if I fill up for Rs 400 minimum.
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:03   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNrOd View Post
I need some help here, I am planning a biking trip from chennai to pune via bangalore, and for mileage and convenience reasons, i need to fill up at either of the ones on the NH4 near yeshwantpur. these pumps are open 24X7 according to shell india, but i am unable to locate them on any map. could someone please help me out here and send a google-map screenshot of the exact location of the pumps. The addressess (as on the shell website) are:
&
If you are coming from Hosur side on NH7, there is a Shell petrol pump (at Bommanahalli) on Hosur road. But this pump will be to your right side, hence you may have travel a few kms to take a U-turn and reach this pump. Again, after filling you will have to go in the wrong direction for a few kms to take a U-turn.

There is another Shell petrol pump near ISKCON temple. Search google maps for Shell petrol pump Chord road and you will find its location. This pump is on the intersection of Dr Rajkumar road and Chord road (near Karnataka Govt Soap factory).

Rohan
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:34   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNrOd View Post
&
There is a shell bunk on Tumkur road. I am not sure abt the location, but I think its after the NICE road intersection. May be abmout 10-15 kms from Yeshwantpur ...on the left hand side.

Worry not. you will spot it. There is no chance that you can fly on that road at more than 60kmph.

Regards,
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:08   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
I agree with rjalihal and shishir. I fill my xylo with the regular unleaded diesel at shell on hosur road opposite wipro(bommanahalli),and somehow i feel there is less smoke from my vehicle when revved hard when compared to diesel from other pumps.
I too agree. My swift smokes when I fill in fuel from other Oil companies but not with Shell fuel!
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:24   #165
BHPian

The problem with shell diesel is that my swift engine starts a knocking sound. So I avoid all Shell pumps. I usually fill it up in IOC in Koramangala near NGV. Its worked out well for me. The MASS guys also asked me not to use Shell as it would increase knocking on DDIS. :(

Most Viewed