Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2006, 16:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

The BPCL outlet on the Old-madras road under the cable-bridge is a state of the art thief.

Asked him to fill my tank-up, he fills 300 Rs worth fuel and shows it keeping the pump nozzle inside the tank. I repeat to him "FULL TANK". Without resetting, he again fills it till the brim.And surprise surprise, he's asking 300 bucks extra claiming he reset the counter. I was PI$$ed.
I wanted to give those guys a good dosage.But, my friend urged me not to be violent in a different state. :(
Old 24th February 2006, 21:04   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
The BPCL outlet on the Old-madras road under the cable-bridge is a state of the art thief.. :(
Owned by a notorious IAS officer turned MLA
Old 24th February 2006, 21:27   #33
BHPian

cauvery outlet at lalbagh west gate, he has been there for years and his fuel is good.

the worst is DG petrol bunk in bsk-III stage ring road (owned by you know who) sells adulterated fuel mixed with kerosene...
Old 25th February 2006, 13:30   #34
rkg
Senior - BHPian

hi!
i have been filling my bike from koramangala Bp outlet for long. it seems to be ok. but i got more milage from BPCl outlet below the double road/mission road flyover. it happened thrice. all the three times my bike gave me around 70 per litre where as i never got more than 63-64 form koramangala COCO out let. ofcourse iam not filling from either of them now as they do not fall in the way.
Old 26th February 2006, 18:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

I hate Gojer's Petrol Station at cantonment circle... they tend to always fill short.

We have an account with a petrol bunk near RT.agar (Hd.Deve Gowda Road), "Lakshminarayan and sons" I think.

I always fill Premium full tank, Decent mileage.
Old 26th February 2006, 20:51   #36
BHPian

The best Gas i have filled are from Cauvery service station right in front of Lalbaugh and BP factory outlet in Fazzer town the same road as the Fazer town police station..I prefer BP to other brands..
BTW.. is there any pump selling 93 octane fuel in Bangalore.. ever since 97 octane fuel has arrived, most have stopped selling 93 oct..
Old 27th February 2006, 00:27   #37
BHPian

Tank up on diesel (they have only one grade) at the shell pump on Vittal Mallya road. No problems.
However, here are some bad ones :-
1. Pumps near Byapanhalli Police station (Old Madras Road), IOC outlet in KR Puram and Large outlet near RTO office Indiranagar all use the usual con of 2-3 guys crowding you - cap saar+how much saar and not zeroing the meter properly....so guys take care.
Heres an interesting background story about the Shell pump on Old Madras Road :-
The outlet opened in Sept. 05 and since I use only Shell diesel, was thrilled at the prospect of a outlet nearer home.
Pulled up my Innova and asked for diesel, the attendant pulled the nozzle for unleaded petrol and poked it into the fuel port.
Nearly died of heart failure.
The guy told me that the wrong tank had been filled with diesel, as this was a new outlet and that there was nothing to worry about.
This was amazing for a world class organisation like Shell.
Anyway, this outlet has been closed after operating for only 1-2 weeks.
If it reopens, all you Indiranagar/Old Madras Road guys, better sniff the nozzle (ha ha!) and only than fill up.
Old 27th February 2006, 19:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki_Rau
Pulled up my Innova and asked for diesel, the attendant pulled the nozzle for unleaded petrol and poked it into the fuel port.
Nearly died of heart failure.
The guy told me that the wrong tank had been filled with diesel, as this was a new outlet and that there was nothing to worry about.
PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 28th March 2007, 19:11   #39
BHPian

Guys,
Could we update this list ..
Most of the HP bunks storing Turbo Diesel seems good...Any comments..??
Old 28th March 2007, 21:51   #40
BHPian

I usually tank up normal diesel in Shell bunk on West of chord road or the IOC in St Marks road. I found both to be equally good. Also I always use the auto cut off while refuelling - the IOC bunk seems to fill a little more fuel than the shell. So, IOC might help increase the range a little bit.

I always get down from the car while filling up as it is very easy to cheat. One good thing about Shell is, they specifically tell you to look at the zero mark.

I find that while i am refuelling my bike, there aer many times, i was almost cheated. Especially where some petrol was already filled on one vehicle and the same is continued from there on a different 2 wheeler.

However, on my car, I have never faced such an isue till now.
Old 29th March 2007, 10:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

Here's where i fill up.

1. Bharat Petroleum - Malleswaram 8th Main 19th Cross. Close to my place and fuel quality is also good. Used to supply bad fuel years back when petrol costed ten bucks a liter. Now since a couple of years his fuel quality has drastically inproved.

2. Shell - Lavelle Road - 99% of the time.

3. Shell - Hosur Road - Whenever I am enroute to Chennai.

4. IOC - St. Marks road (India Garage and next to the Ol' British Library Bldg.)

Above list is NOT in order of preference though.

Oops i almost forgot, the BP bunk at Nehru circle (seshadripuram) and IOC at the next junction after nehru circle is also equally good.
Old 29th March 2007, 10:48   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

IOC pump near Banashankari Temple & Bus Stand is a KSFCSC [State govt] operated bunk. Have found this place to be good. It is open 24 hrs..

Only complaint is that if I go late nights, he says premium fuels are not available.
Old 29th March 2007, 10:54   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
IOC pump near Banashankari Temple & Bus Stand is a KSFCSC [State govt] operated bunk. Have found this place to be good. It is open 24 hrs..
Absolutely right - good fuel quality and slightly cheaper prices too. Know this as I used to fill bike petrol there during biking days.

But for my car its always - the emphasis on "always" - Shell regular at primarily Mysore Road pump (before BHEL) - closest to my house, else any other Shell I come across (there's 6 in BLR).
Old 29th March 2007, 11:07   #44
BHPian

shell...

Shell when I am in Bangalore....Mostly from Vittal mallya Road. En route to Calicut - Shell on Mysore Road.
Old 29th March 2007, 11:44   #45
BHPian

Shell on Mysore road is really good.... Been filling up regularly from there , getting a good mileage of 12-13 Kmpl on esteem on Super unleaded.

Last edited by redrage : 29th March 2007 at 11:46.

Most Viewed