Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 20:03   #211
Senior - BHPian

My experience in Bangalore so far, having recently (april end) relocated here. First bunk I tried was the HP one next to Cosmos mall. I own an i10 Sportz (manual) and the mileage I used to get in noida was 12.5-13 (very religiously measured for last one year. it was always in this range). Well, surprise of surprises, the mileage clocked here was less than 10!!!

I was stunned. Really couldnt believe it. I thought it cud be that something went wrong in the car while transporting it here (used a reliable movers/packers service).
Well, thought of giving the car for service (though it was serviced just few days back only - the third service was done on april 22). Anyways couldnt find time for service (though Advaith hyundai, ORR is just next door!!) Again got a tankful this time from the IOC pump on ORR next to ICICI. Mileage is back to normal (12+ in blore traffic).

Both times I was very careful to see '0' and I always step outside the car and monitor the filling process closely so I am sure of no foul play at both pumps. Maybe the HP one at cosmos mall cheats (less per litre or adultrated or both!)
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:49   #212
BHPian

For regular use, one may try the IOC pump next to Salarpuria Soft Zone, Outer Ring Rd, Bellandur.

I would also like to recomend the Shell Petrol Bunk on Bellary Road (after CBI colony); it comes on left if one is moving towards City.Fuel quality and volume both are very good. I usually get a 1.5 km of diffrence between the onboard FE calculator and the tankful method. In this pump, I got 1 km/l of difference. I also felt engine to be more responsive and lighter with Shell fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Guys, any idea where i can get a BP petrol pump with Speed 97 petrol?
I stay in Bellandur. Anything near marathahalli, koramangala, HSR layout will do! Want to try Speed 97.
You may try the BP pump next to the Police Station on 27th Main, HSR Layout. This will be on the way to Koramangala, BTM, Silk Board etc via the mandatory detour due to flyover construction at Agara. Their quality and volume seems to be good.

-Pratim

Last edited by pratim : 3rd June 2010 at 15:57. Reason: my experience, good ones.
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:02   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
You could try Indian Oil pump on the Banaswadi Main Road, near Ayyappan temple.
He cheats as well. I used to stay very close to Ayyappan temple and tried filling there few times.
I feel HP pump (opp: BP) near Maruthi Seva nagar is quite good. I get same mileage as I get in Shell Mahadevpura road.
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:18   #214
BHPian

Guys,

Any good petrol pump in Bannergatta Road/BTM/JP nagar/Jayanagar i stay near Vijaya Enclave.(Near IIMB & Honeywell). I have tried BP near ICICI bank (in between Reliance Mart and Meenakshi temple) it seems to be OK.
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:57   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabnawaz_b View Post
He cheats as well. I used to stay very close to Ayyappan temple and tried filling there few times.
I feel HP pump (opp: BP) near Maruthi Seva nagar is quite good. I get same mileage as I get in Shell Mahadevpura road.
I thought these guys were decent, never had issues with full-tank refills. Will surely avoid them.
Old 3rd June 2010, 19:09   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Have been a regular at Shell pumps, but the recent price hike has made me look for other options.

Any trusted pumps in Koramangala ? How is the Indian Oil pump opposite Passport Office ?

Any pumps which have automated billing like Shell ?

Rohan
Avoid it like plague , Also Anurag petrol pump on inner ring road near to EGpura is avoidable.

IOC ( earlier IBP) while coming from Sony world towards National games village is OK also Shri Satya Sai pump ( HP ) on 80 feet road opposite to maharaja is good.
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:07   #217
Senior - BHPian

Trusted Ones,
Shell, Near ISCKON temple.
Shankara Fuel Pump Station(BP), Near 18th Cross, Malleswaram.

Not so good,
BP Petrol Bunk, Bhasyam Circle, Sadshivanagar.

Worst,
Devegowda Petrol Bunk, BSK
Old 4th June 2010, 10:04   #218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
My experience in Bangalore so far, having recently (april end) relocated here. First bunk I tried was the HP one next to Cosmos mall. I own an i10 Sportz (manual) and the mileage I used to get in noida was 12.5-13 (very religiously measured for last one year. it was always in this range). Well, surprise of surprises, the mileage clocked here was less than 10!!!

I was stunned. Really couldnt believe it.
Joslicx, i am surprised you say this, because ever since Shell went out of reach thanks to their prices, i have been religiously using this HP bunk. The mileage i get on my Ikon has always been on similar lines as what i used to get when i was regular at Shell. It has dropped by a kmpl or two at times, but then again the traffic conditions in the route which i have been using all these years has only gotten worser, never better!

In fact, the very reason that there wasnt much difference in mileage after switching from Shell led me to continue using this pump on a regular basis.

Just for a try, why dont you try this place once again? I have certainly NEVER had a reason to complain, which is why i ask. Also, to make sure i am not being cheated, i shall try out Shell for a tankful to check.

P.S. : The HP bunk beside Cosmos actually sells petrol at a few paise less than other bunks. Currently, normal petrol here retails at 53.30 per litre.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 4th June 2010 at 10:05.
Old 4th June 2010, 12:10   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Guys,

Any good petrol pump in Bannergatta Road/BTM/JP nagar/Jayanagar i stay near Vijaya Enclave.(Near IIMB & Honeywell). I have tried BP near ICICI bank (in between Reliance Mart and Meenakshi temple) it seems to be OK.

There is an IOC pump just near the Jayadeva flyover; on the BTM 2nd stage side. I get the best mileage when I fill from there. Worst is Advaita pump. Avoid it like plague
Old 4th June 2010, 12:43   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabnawaz_b View Post

The HP outlet near the Banaswadi Fire Station on Banaswadi main road is a good place to fill.
Old 4th June 2010, 12:49   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
The HP outlet near the Banaswadi Fire Station on Banaswadi main road is a good place to fill.
I have to agree, I fill fuel in this bunk atleast once a week, and have found them to be genuine.
Old 4th June 2010, 12:58   #222
BHPian

I have to share this with you:

When you come from Mekhri Circle and enter Nandi Durg Road, at the entrance, there are two pumps, one on the right, other on the left. Avoid the one on the right for sure! Will post further details of what Co. pump it is.
I filled up Rs. 100 worth of fuel on my Bullet (which had just come to reserve) and rode half a km and the bike went back to reserve. I went back to them to question them. Without a word or question, they refilled for free and sent me back. It was so obvious that they had conned me the first time - so no questions asked! horrible cheats! a guy in a car would hardly have figured such theft!
Old 4th June 2010, 13:26   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
There is an IOC pump just near the Jayadeva flyover; on the BTM 2nd stage side. I get the best mileage when I fill from there. Worst is Advaita pump. Avoid it like plague
You mean near the Reliance fresh in BTM, right? Best place to fill. My Swift turbo behaves very well with their diesel.
Old 4th June 2010, 15:33   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
I will try there next time and check for the mileage.

Last edited by rabnawaz_b : 4th June 2010 at 15:44.
Old 5th June 2010, 14:34   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Guys,

Akhil,
I stay at Vijaya Enclave and I think the BP opposite to the IBM office in b'ghatta road seems to be fine. The IOC at the jayanagar junction however doesn't quite feel that reliable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks