Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 10:21   #226
BHPian

IOC Gas station in Gokul extension

I have been a regular at the IOC gas station in Gokul extension just before ORR intersection !!

I normally fill diesel every weekend. For the last 6 fills the folks at the gas station were able to fill more than 22 litres even though my fuel gauge was above the half way mark which was very very surprising. If the gauge is even below the half way mark I have never filled more than 22 litres

I went to Shell and for similar kms run I couldn't fill more than 18 litres

Will repeat the exercise for another 2 weeks but I am very disappointed with the IOC now.

Sateesh
Old 8th June 2010, 10:27   #227
BHPian

that 18 litres is where the auto cut-off gets triggered. You can actually go ahead and fill up a bit more than that. I think that is what is happening. Try telling the IOC to stop when the fuel gets auto cut-off.
Old 8th June 2010, 12:17   #228
BHPian

I regularly fill from IOC pump on the ORR HSR Layout, just before the HSR BDA signal. My car always gives the best mileage when I fill from here, don't know why!
Old 9th June 2010, 13:43   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
that 18 litres is where the auto cut-off gets triggered. You can actually go ahead and fill up a bit more than that. I think that is what is happening. Try telling the IOC to stop when the fuel gets auto cut-off.
Hi Raj,

I always top up after the auto cut off whether it is IOC or Shell. So this variable doesn't apply.

Regards

Sateesh
Old 9th June 2010, 15:52   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Hi Raj,

I always top up after the auto cut off whether it is IOC or Shell. So this variable doesn't apply.

Regards

Sateesh
Possible indication that the meter is tampered.
Old 9th June 2010, 22:03   #231
BHPian

I generally top up at Bull Temple Service Station at Basavanagudi. It is an IOC bunk. So far no issues.
Earlier I used to top up from another IOC outlet on Mysore Road (just before Rajarajeshwari Nagar Arch). He tried to cheat me once. After that incident, I avoid him as much as possible.
Old 10th June 2010, 05:14   #232
BHPian

3 days ago i went to the symphony petrol bunk on mg road
asked him to fill full tank in my zen.
already had around 5 liters in the tank, the guy filled 36 liters and i was like i told him the car has fuel tank of 35 lts and i had almost 10 lts which i filled a few hours ago and he said no saar the fuel tank on this car is 40ltrs
felt like giving him a piece of my mind but was with my family so had to let it go. but i promised my self never to fill there again.
Old 10th June 2010, 05:29   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
3 days ago i went to the symphony petrol bunk on mg road
asked him to fill full tank in my zen.
already had around 5 liters in the tank, the guy filled 36 liters and i was like i told him the car has fuel tank of 35 lts and i had almost 10 lts which i filled a few hours ago and he said no saar the fuel tank on this car is 40ltrs
felt like giving him a piece of my mind but was with my family so had to let it go. but i promised my self never to fill there again.
Saar I can understand that you were with your family but there is always the manager or supervisor in the gas station to argue with. This was a case that you could have won hands down as a zen does not have a 36 or a 40 ltr fuel tank. A little pressure and the guy would have yielded. Anyway, good decision about not visiting that station from now on.
Old 21st June 2010, 10:37   #234
BHPian

I usually fill at HPCL, 4th T block, Bangalore (Puttalingaraju & sons) since I get the best mileage, outside of Shell, at this bunk. Once they tried to play the Rs200 trick on me (pretend to fill Rs 200, in spite of being told full tank), but I confronted them.

After a long time, today they tried another trick. The bill was 2030, but the amount swiped in credit card was 2230. When I questioned, the attender immediately returned the excess amount. The manager also came out and apologized, even though I did not approach the manager.

I am not sure I can give them the benefit of doubt or not.
Old 21st June 2010, 14:19   #235
BHPian

Any suggesions regarding the IOC old airport road near marthahalli .
Old 21st June 2010, 17:43   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_pm View Post
Any suggesions regarding the IOC old airport road near marthahalli .
I avoid this pump like plague. Some time back I got cheated here. Usual tactic of distracting attention and then short filling.
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:10   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
There is an IOC pump just near the Jayadeva flyover; on the BTM 2nd stage side. I get the best mileage when I fill from there. Worst is Advaita pump. Avoid it like plague
I do find that this isn't true. At least four times I filled in here (car/bike) all occasion I find milage drop considerably. Anyone filling Rs. 50, Rs.100 avoid at all cost. I really doubt if anything goes in. :(. I will subject him to 5 Ltr test next time!

I find HP petrol bunk in Thyagaraj Nagar, BTM 2nd stage gives best results!
Old 27th June 2010, 13:18   #238
BHPian

You guys know any HPCL COCO petrol pump around ariport road / ORR (hebbal - marthahalli)

Also, how do you check if the pump is COCO ??
Old 27th June 2010, 13:27   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

@Quadra : COCO bunks display the status at the bunk. Look at the boards there, and you should know.

@RaguHolla, the IOC bunk near Jayadeva flyover is a COCO bunk, open 24 hours, and is good. I am a regular there.
Old 27th June 2010, 15:32   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Quadra : COCO bunks display the status at the bunk. Look at the boards there, and you should know
Thanks, was aware about that as i saw that at some bunk.

Does anyone know an HPCL COCO around old airport road / ORR (hebbal to marathalli) / nearby areas ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks