Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2011, 11:05   #316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
It's a BP bunk. It's a COCO bunk, so the quality / quantity should be good.
Is this the one at JC nagar? Before Ulsoor?

The BP pump on Kasturba Road (with the attached Mc Donalds, after JDB on the left) is pretty decent.
I have filled in fuel 4-5 times and could see that they were not upto any tricks. The attendant sets the machine to the desired amount, starts the fuel filling and walks away, which shows there is no interference. Also no irritating guys asking windshield, cash/card etc.
I have been getting consistent mileage, similar to Shell. Do try it out.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 19th April 2011 at 11:31. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
Old 19th April 2011, 11:18   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Ulsoor ?

Guess there's some confusion here. I am refering to the BP bunk adjacent to Hotel Tom's & Fathima Bakery near Shoolay circle.

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-bp-bunktomsbakery.jpg
Old 19th April 2011, 11:38   #318
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Do all BP bunks offer Octane 97?

I know for sure that one near the Residency road-Brigade road junction and the one in Sadashivnagar do offer. Was specifically interested in the North Bangalore part. Thanks!
Old 19th April 2011, 11:48   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ulsoor ?

Guess there's some confusion here. I am refering to the BP bunk adjacent to Hotel Tom's & Fathima Bakery near Shoolay circle.
Oh Ok. I was referring to the BP on Promenade/Wheeler road in Frazer town. Is that a Coco?
Old 19th April 2011, 12:43   #320
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

IOC in HSR Layout.
HP on Koramangala 80 feet road near Manipal Cure and Care
HP on Hosur Road near St Johns turn-off

All these three are good in my opinion - Ive not had any issues on either quality nor quantity.

I occasionally use the HP in HSR Layout near the BDA and where that new flyover is coming up, only when I am re-entering HSR Layout from the Agara side. So far no serious complaints per se but I am yet to get used to them somehow.

They are located a little inconveniently at the moment on account of the road works going on and many people break the rule by coming along on the wrong side of the road divider when trying to go there to fill up.
Old 19th April 2011, 12:50   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

@Shankar, I am not so sure that the HP bunk near St John's is that good. Likely reason for the good treatment that you get is - you ! I dont think they would want to mess with some like you, and when you are driving a vehicle that you do !

Jokes apart, I was not happy with that bunk, and IIRC some complaints are there about that one.
Old 20th April 2011, 12:36   #322
Senior - BHPian

Any feedback regarding the BP petrol pump in Electronics City Phase I (near HCL office) ?

Is this pump reliable ?

Rohan
Old 20th April 2011, 13:34   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Shankar, I am not so sure that the HP bunk near St John's is that good. Likely reason for the good treatment that you get is - you ! I dont think they would want to mess with some like you, and when you are driving a vehicle that you do !

Jokes apart, I was not happy with that bunk, and IIRC some complaints are there about that one.
+1. I too have heard complaints about this one. The ones which I usually fill fuel [Diesel] are the ones below.

1. Advaith BP petrol pump [Udupi junction, BTM] - Good one, but not the BEST

2. The IOC pump after BTM water tank [before the flyover] - Its a COCO and I used to be a regular there. Very good and best part is its 24x7.

3. The HP bunk in Old Airport road near the HAL [ISRO?] signal. This is also a COCO and its very good. The only reason I shifted from IOC to this one is because I use my ICICI credit card and I get iMint points from this pump.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2011, 15:42   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Any feedback regarding the BP petrol pump in Electronics City Phase I (near HCL office) ?

Is this pump reliable ?
Used to fill fuel in my Santro from there regularly. Never had any problem.
Old 20th April 2011, 15:50   #325
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

hey. really?
I ve been using them off and on since 2003. Never faced trouble there at all.

Quote:

Old 26th April 2011, 09:42   #326
Senior - BHPian

Heard of a new trick that was tried on one of my colleagues early in the morning.
She asked for 1000/- rupees of petrol. She was outside the car when the attendant was filling the car with a sharp eye on the meter. Suddenly the attendant tried to block her view but not before she could spot another attendant behind the pump do something with the pump and the meter jumped straight from 750/- to 1000/-
She of course scolded them big time and asked to see the manager. Being 6:30 in the morning, they said the manager was not there.Thanks to her attentiveness, she escaped getting duped.
And when she asked (shouted, actually) for the receipt from the pump, it showed 750/- in black and white!

This is the first time i am hearing of such cheating! So i thought i will alert others as well.

The pump is on Bellary road, between Hebbal and Mekhri circle. Its an IndianOil pump. I'll get the name today and post it here later.

Till then, be aware. Other pumps may also be using the same tricks!
amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2011, 09:49   #327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Heard of a new trick that was tried on one of my colleagues early in the morning.
She asked for 1000/- rupees of petrol. She was outside the car when the attendant was filling the car with a sharp eye on the meter. Suddenly the attendant tried to block her view but not before she could spot another attendant behind the pump do something with the pump and the meter jumped straight from 750/- to 1000/-
She of course scolded them big time and asked to see the manager. Being 6:30 in the morning, they said the manager was not there.Thanks to her attentiveness, she escaped getting duped.
And when she asked (shouted, actually) for the receipt from the pump, it showed 750/- in black and white!

This is the first time i am hearing of such cheating! So i thought i will alert others as well.

The pump is on Bellary road, between Hebbal and Mekhri circle. Its an IndianOil pump. I'll get the name today and post it here later.

Till then, be aware. Other pumps may also be using the same tricks!
Aren't the pump manufacturers and oil companies aware of the ways a pump can be manipulated? Why are such incidents so common?

I mean, I'm sure the oil companies wouldn't want to cheat as although they might make few bucks on some people, once a reputation is built, they'll be out of business.

I feel we should contact a manufacturer or an oil company to informally/formally show us how a pump is safe-guarded (much like a member did with Shell). Through such interaction, they'll know the ground reality and we can rest assured that cheating is minimal or know where we can be cheated.

Of course, this is all in an ideal world!
Old 26th April 2011, 09:58   #328
Senior - BHPian

Best pumps i know

Kasturinagar BP
Indiranangar BDA complex IOC

Worst Pumps

RT Nagar IBP
TV Tower HP
Old 27th April 2011, 18:46   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

Is this pump reliable ?

Rohan
Never been duped. Was a regular there, but now shifted loyalties to the HP near HSR BDA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
hey. really?
I ve been using them off and on since 2003. Never faced trouble there at all.
Me got duped once, and I've heard similar stories from friends.
Old 29th April 2011, 10:15   #330
BHPian

How good is the HP bunk (before Manipal hospital) on old airport road if you going towards domlur ? Has any member had bad experiences with this bunk ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks