Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2011, 10:32   #331
BANNED

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Has any member had bad experiences with this bunk ?
They are cheats/goons/low life's. Had a small fight with them the only time I ever filled there.

Use the one opposite Manipal instead. Or the HP one just after the Pizza Hut junction on the LHS while going towards domlur.
Old 29th April 2011, 10:35   #332
BHPian

The Advaith petrol pump in jayanagar is quite reliable, have been filling there since it started. However will all that i am reading on these guys cheat it is better to always step out of the car and keep a watch!
Old 29th April 2011, 11:37   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
IOC in HSR Layout.
HP on Koramangala 80 feet road near Manipal Cure and Care
HP on Hosur Road near St Johns turn-off

All these three are good in my opinion - Ive not had any issues on either quality nor quantity.

I occasionally use the HP in HSR Layout near the BDA and where that new flyover is coming up, only when I am re-entering HSR Layout from the Agara side. So far no serious complaints per se but I am yet to get used to them somehow.

They are located a little inconveniently at the moment on account of the road works going on and many people break the rule by coming along on the wrong side of the road divider when trying to go there to fill up.
I live in HSR sector 2, can you suggest me good fuel pumps near by? Till now, i have filled once from the pump opp to BDA.
Old 29th April 2011, 13:35   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
They are cheats/goons/low life's. Had a small fight with them the only time I ever filled there.

Use the one opposite Manipal instead. Or the HP one just after the Pizza Hut junction on the LHS while going towards domlur.
I've been filling up at this bunk for a while now and its good. @Spitfire: I guess you confused the HP bunk with IOC on Airport road.
Old 29th April 2011, 13:38   #335
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwajid View Post
@Spitfire: I guess you confused the HP bunk with IOC on Airport road.
Ok which is the one after the signal at Pizza Hut? This is a good one. I am bad at names.

The one after the sky-walk is the one I was warning about.
Old 29th April 2011, 13:56   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
How good is the HP bunk (before Manipal hospital) on old airport road if you going towards domlur ? Has any member had bad experiences with this bunk ?
Its pretty good and I believe its a COCO [Company owned]. A better point is that they have an association with iMint as well - So you could get those extra points if you have an iMint card.
Old 29th April 2011, 15:16   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Aren't the pump manufacturers and oil companies aware of the ways a pump can be manipulated? Why are such incidents so common?
This was the first time i heard of such a modus operandi. Didn't know it was a common occurence. I anyway fill till the cutoff kicks in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
The pump is on Bellary road, between Hebbal and Mekhri circle. Its an IndianOil pump. I'll get the name today and post it here later.
Correction: This IndianOil pump is on the Bellary road, before the Hebbal flyover, when coming from airport. It is close to the Godrej Woodsman apartments. These are the coordinates, from google maps: 13.058444,77.593762

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 29th April 2011, 16:00   #338
Senior - BHPian

^^
Some local news channel (7?) did a sting operation sometimes back by connecting bike tank to a can and filled 1ltr petrol at many stations. Most had less than 1ltr (difference of more than 10%), this clearly shows that manipulating/tampering machines are very common.

Last edited by Latheesh : 29th April 2011 at 16:02.
Old 9th May 2011, 17:58   #339
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
I live in HSR sector 2, can you suggest me good fuel pumps near by? Till now, i have filled once from the pump opp to BDA.
I fill regularly at the BP on 27th main next to the HSR police station. No reason to complain till date. I found them much better than the IOC on ring road.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2011, 23:09   #340
BHPian

After the hike, whats the price of Petrol in HP/IOC now? Are the prices similar to Shell for the time being? Or has Shell increased as well ?
Old 15th May 2011, 10:30   #341
Team-BHP Support

It's ~71.10 for regular petrol at IOC/HP/BP.
Old 15th May 2011, 11:25   #342
BHPian

I regularly fill diesel in the IOC bunks next to tafe access and the one opposite to tafe access on st.Marks road. Found them both to be decent. Anyone here faced issues or bad experiences there ?
Old 16th May 2011, 09:11   #343
BHPian

A few lessons that I've learned over the years while filling fuel, steps from the time i enter the petrol bunk:

1. Open the fuel filler cap and get out of the car. walk towards the attendant.
2. Before they ask anything - Ask 'Do you accept credit cards'. Wait for the reply.
3. Always fill full tank - As the tendency to cheat is less as they would not know how much of fuel is currently present in your car.
4. keep a close eye on the meter - If somebody asks you any question or attempts to distract you only reply to them verbally or using body language but DO NOT take your eyes of the fuel meter.
5. Ensure that fuel filler cap is safely put back on, with reassuring sound of lock in most of the cars

Finally - Try and fill up at the same bunk, repetitive face familiarity can do wonders.

I use all these even today at HP COCO bunk near Bagmane Tech park for close to 3 years now. Although this bunk has been of bad experience to fellow Bhpians, I've managed to what it looks like 'pleasant' experience today.
Old 17th May 2011, 10:17   #344
BHPian

IOC Bunk near Tindlu village next to the Bhupati Tennis Village is very good. Straight forward and no cheating. I filled up today as well. The guy didnt start filling till I confirmed the Zero on the meter.
bandlimitedlife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 11:20   #345
BHPian

And now we have to shell out 71.05 INR for a liter of normal petrol!!! Woe to all Petrol Car owners like me. Cutting down on a number of un-essential trips has greatly increased!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks