Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2011, 23:32   #346
Team-BHP Support

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
3. Always fill full tank - As the tendency to cheat is less as they would not know how much of fuel is currently present in your car.
Some goons even cheat with this full tank method. I've seen a lot of bunks fill to 50 Rs. for my car (I wonder what use is 1 litre to a car's belly) and the filler argues that he heard "Full tank" as "Fifty". He later continues the fuel from where it stopped (50) to full tank. However, while collecting the money he argues that he filled for X amount + 50 initially.

This is a common problem in BP petrol bunk opposite Subramanya arcade, Bannerghatta road. I once filled my bike for 100 Rs. and it hardly ran for 30km, which proves he had filled only a litre in reality. Their machines and the staff all are tweaked
Old 26th May 2011, 01:34   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandlimitedlife View Post
IOC Bunk near Tindlu village next to the Bhupati Tennis Village is very good.......
So thats one reliable pump near my place. Kala service station near Bommasandra is no good and the BP on Thindlu Rd is reasonably ok for 500Rs fills. I used to top up at Jalahalli Service station near Gokula, but traffic there is terrible now because of the underpass work in progress.
Old 27th May 2011, 17:55   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I've found the BP bunk at Hulimavu gate to be pretty decent. No nonsense kind of service and yet quite polite. Often the owner of the bunk is there supervising the line of cars. I have switched to this bunk (and the one next to Manyata) after the Shell petrol hike.
Me too. their name is Shri Varshath. I've been using them from quite some time now and pretty happy with the quality and quantity. And being close to home is another advantage.
Will try the COCO IOC at BTM layout next time. Many people are giving good input about that place.
Old 27th May 2011, 18:00   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Me too. their name is Shri Varshath. I've been using them from quite some time now and pretty happy with the quality and quantity. And being close to home is another advantage.
Well, i have now moved back to Shell after the last hike.

Quote:
Will try the COCO IOC at BTM layout next time. Many people are giving good input about that place.
Is that the one on the same intersection where Udupi is, except that its diagonally opposite? I was a regular there when i was working out of EGL. Again had no complaints there either.
Old 27th May 2011, 18:10   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, i have now moved back to Shell after the last hike.
Shell is too costly for Diesel. :(

Quote:
Is that the one on the same intersection where Udupi is, except that its diagonally opposite? I was a regular there when i was working out of EGL. Again had no complaints there either.
I think people are talking about the one before the Jayadeva Flyover, after BTM Water tank. On left hand side if you are coming towards Jayadeva Flover from Udupi Garden Signal. The bunk at Udupi garden signal is a BP one.
Old 27th May 2011, 21:31   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandlimitedlife View Post
IOC Bunk near Tindlu village next to the Bhupati Tennis Village is very good.........
Filled for 1000Rs today. I am impressed. Lets hope they remain honest. It seems to be a really difficult thing to do if you are in the fuel business.
If you are in North Blr, decent pumps are:
1. IOC Gokula. Consistent. Never had a problem here. Best place to tank up.
2. BP at Bashyam circle, Sadashivnagar. Decent place but not consistent.
3. HP near the coco cola factory on the BIAL Rd. Pretty good but have not filled up here recently.
4. IOC at Thindlu village. Really happy with my experience today. @bandlimitedlife, thanks for discovering this place.
Old 27th May 2011, 22:27   #352
BHPian

Thinking of filling a full tank tomorrow. Anyone filled Shell recently? What's the price for shell petrol now in Blr?
Old 27th May 2011, 23:16   #353
BHPian

Filled Shell Normal Petrol today evening @ 75.95/ltr in BLR
Old 28th May 2011, 10:55   #354
BHPian

Any feedback about Divya Service (the pump next to brandfactory, Marathahalli)
Old 30th May 2011, 11:39   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
4. IOC at Thindlu village. Really happy with my experience today. @bandlimitedlife, thanks for discovering this place.
Glad you found this place useful. I have a house around there which I visit occasionally and it had always been an issue to find a good place to fill up till I visited this bunk.
Old 30th May 2011, 14:20   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

The IOC COCO bunk at BTM is little further down towards the Jayadeva flyover. The bunk that you are refering to is Advaitha BP which is diagonally opp to Udupi garden.
Old 9th June 2011, 18:46   #357
BHPian

Am a regular at HP bunk, in Sahakaranagar, right after Hebbal flyover towards the BIAL on left side. I've found them very reliable in terms of both Quantity & Quality.
Old 9th June 2011, 20:10   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Thinking of filling a full tank tomorrow. Anyone filled Shell recently? What's the price for shell petrol now in Blr?
The one on Mysore road ( just before nayandahalli cross) , on your left, had a banner saying, the price is reduced to 71.95 !
Old 9th June 2011, 22:16   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

All Shell bunks within the city should be at the same level. Have seen that 71.95 at the bunk on RK Ashram road also.
Old 10th June 2011, 10:10   #360
BHPian

I usually do not fill fuel from BP outlets, because of the reason that a couple of BP bunks which i have observed that even though a litre of fuel is filled, the adultered fuel/less quantity is 3/4th only. Especially the BP outlets at Malleswaram 18th Cross-90route (opp to Brigade apartment)
2) BP petrol pump at Nehru circle-Kumara park.

So normally i fill fuel only either in HP or IOC outlets only.

As far as shell is concerned, it is one of the best fuel available. All the shell outlets are good. But there is no much use in filling up with ordinary shell petrol.But the premium ones are good.

Most Viewed