Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2012, 13:45   #646
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Advaith petrol bunk near USHA apartments in Jayanagar 4th Block was good and reliable. Since a week now it claims petrol is out of stock! On checking, was told that the dealership is closed This was situated near and was convenient to resident from this area. Wonder what is the real story behind it!

Hope it opens soon.
Are you talking about this one ? This was/is a popular one. I used to tank up there occasionally. Hope it reopens soon.

If there is something that Jayanagar lacks, it's Petrol bunks. Out of curiosity, how many does Jayanagar have ? South end, Madhavan Park, ?
Old 10th December 2012, 13:55   #647
BHPian

Diesel prices in Shell are ~ 68Rs. I filled at the one in Whitefield Main Road. Not sure why the humongous price difference. I'd gladly pay a 5-7Rs markup but beyond that, I am not sure its worth the trouble. I plan to stick with the HP pump in Sarjapur road after Wipro.
Old 10th December 2012, 16:36   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Can anyone suggest a good petrol pump in HSR layout? I usually fill form Soubhagya at the ORR, but read mixed reviews about it here. Is there any COCO pump in HSR layout or nearby towards MG road/koramangala?
Try IOCL near mantari sarovar (Company owned) or in front of HSR BDA complex (HP)
aka_iitd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 23:42   #649
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 21st December 2012 at 13:20.
sumathindra is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th December 2012, 08:55   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Try IOCL near mantari sarovar (Company owned) or in front of HSR BDA complex (HP)
The IOCL one at ORR is what I regularly use, didn't know that it was a COCO one. I read mixed reviews about it, so I tanked up from the HP near BDA this time. let's see how it goes.
Old 11th December 2012, 09:22   #651
BHPian

Quote:
The IOCL one at ORR is what I regularly use, didn't know that it was a COCO one. I read mixed reviews about it, so I tanked up from the HP near BDA this time. let's see how it goes.
BDA one is OK i use it regularly or I use HP petrol pump just before Maharaja Kormangala.
One more is there in 27th main opp menakshi apartments after bata/titan showroom. Looks like petrol is OK but aware of filing less petrol etc by starting meter at 200 etc
Old 11th December 2012, 11:50   #652
Distinguished - BHPian

http://goo.gl/maps/s6dqQ Is this the IOCL bunk mentioned which is near Mantri Sarovar ? I had read a comment about an IOCL bunk owned by some tainted MLA few pages back and was assuming this was the one. Now its mentioned its COCO, can anyone clarify the same.

Also there is a new HP bunk opened after Marthahalli towards KR puram http://goo.gl/maps/TkDFe anyone filled up from there.
Old 11th December 2012, 12:55   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
http://goo.gl/maps/s6dqQ Is this the IOCL bunk mentioned which is near Mantri Sarovar ? I had read a comment about an IOCL bunk owned by some tainted MLA few pages back and was assuming this was the one. Now its mentioned its COCO, can anyone clarify the same.
Guys , if you are referring to the IOC pump opposite to Nanda's and on the left hand side of the road when you travel toward Silk board, then i can assure you that its not COCO. The name of the pump is "Soubhagya" .

I have been filling from there from the day i got my car, as i stay very near to the pump.

I never had any issues with them till date.

But this time i filled from the COCO IOC pump near Sony world and i can felt the difference immediately.

So compared to the COCO IOC pump, the quality is surely not upto the mark, but not sure if we can call that bad quality also .
You guys can try that once and see .

Hope it helps .

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 11th December 2012 at 12:56.
Schoudhury is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 13:05   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury

But this time i filled from the COCO IOC pump near Sony world and i can felt the difference immediately.

Cheers
This COCO pump is some 100 meters from Sony world towards NGV right? Just before the pizza hut?
Old 11th December 2012, 13:43   #655
BHPian

If the talk is about the bunk just before Piza hut, I am their customer for more than 12 years. It's good and never had any issues till date.
Old 11th December 2012, 16:00   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This COCO pump is some 100 meters from Sony world towards NGV right? Just before the pizza hut?
Yes, exactly that one only .

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
If the talk is about the bunk just before Piza hut, I am their customer for more than 12 years. It's good and never had any issues till date.
That's really good to know .

But there has been instances reported by members where people from that bunk have tried to play tricks

Its better to be safe than sorry , so staying alert always helps .

Cheers
Old 11th December 2012, 17:54   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
But there has been instances reported by members where people from that bunk have tried to play tricks
I generally get out of my car to go and stand near my car's fuel tank mouth. That works in keeping the shenanigans away. If the fuel quality is fine (ie, not adulterated) then I am fine with the pump.

Having said that, it is DM & Sons (BPCL across Manipal Hospital) for me for the past several months. Never had any reason to complain.
Old 11th December 2012, 22:57   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I generally get out of my car to go and stand near my car's fuel tank mouth. That works in keeping the shenanigans away. If the fuel quality is fine (ie, not adulterated) then I am fine with the pump.
I agree, even i do the same, and i always fill full tank and stop at the automatic cutoff and dont do topups.
Old 28th December 2012, 17:17   #659
Senior - BHPian

This may be slightly off topic, so please excuse.

I regularly fill diesel from the HP petrol pump on the old airport road, just before Manipal hospital and have found the fuel to be decent. Whenever I have had to fill diesel from other pumps, i do see a slight difference in the performance and mileage.

The OT question is, do these fuel stations offer car engine oil change too? I know they do it for two wheelers, but do they do it for cars, if yes then have any of you got it done there?
Old 28th December 2012, 17:30   #660
BHPian

For people in CV Raman nagar or HAL 3rd stage, there is a HP COCO bunk open from 6am to 10pm at the DRDO entrance opposite Bagmane Lake. There is a US Pizza on 1st floor. My experience with staff is good - air always available and am assuming COCO fuel is reliable.

Here is a link on google maps.

Most Viewed