Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2012, 19:06   #661
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
This may be slightly off topic, so please excuse.

The OT question is, do these fuel stations offer car engine oil change too? I know they do it for two wheelers, but do they do it for cars, if yes then have any of you got it done there?
I got it done at Shell bunk (towards Forum Value Mall on Varthur Road) and they do a pretty decent job. Reason: I know what oil is going in and I know it is the correct one . And yes, I was talking about car's oil change.
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 20:22   #662
BHPian

Quote:
The OT question is, do these fuel stations offer car engine oil change too? I know they do it for two wheelers, but do they do it for cars, if yes then have any of you got it done there?
I guess you meant a drain and refill. Im not sure of most, but I know of two bunks which would do this. But then they had garages attached to them, and a mechanic would get the job done in a hurry.
Old 28th December 2012, 20:45   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
I got it done at Shell bunk (towards Forum Value Mall on Varthur Road) and they do a pretty decent job. Reason: I know what oil is going in and I know it is the correct one . And yes, I was talking about car's oil change.
How much do they charge for the same? is the oil on MRP or they offer any disounts?
Old 28th December 2012, 21:01   #664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
I guess you meant a drain and refill. Im not sure of most, but I know of two bunks which would do this. But then they had garages attached to them, and a mechanic would get the job done in a hurry.
Yup, a drain and refill

I have seen machines in some HP fuel pumps including the one I visit regularly, however never asked them as I thought they are only for two wheelers. Next time i refuel, I will ask them
Old 29th December 2012, 10:02   #665
BHPian

Quote:
How much do they charge for the same? is the oil on MRP or they offer any disounts?
The charge is for the oil you choose. No discounts but yes there is no labor charge either, so you can say that filling is free
Old 2nd January 2013, 18:21   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
For people in CV Raman nagar or HAL 3rd stage, there is a HP COCO bunk open from 6am to 10pm at the DRDO entrance opposite Bagmane Lake.
This is an old bunk and was not a COCO before. Have come across instances where the staff tried to cheat few members and some of my friends without resetting the meter (the card, cash deviation technique). May be they made this a COCO for short period like the HP before Manipal hospital while coming from Murgeshpalaya. Guess it was operated as COCO for about a year.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 19:01   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
This is an old bunk and was not a COCO before. Have come across instances where the staff tried to cheat few members and some of my friends without resetting the meter (the card, cash deviation technique). May be they made this a COCO for short period like the HP before Manipal hospital while coming from Murgeshpalaya. Guess it was operated as COCO for about a year.
I had to drain fuel worth 3000 RS after finding hell lot of smoke from my Optra magnum after filling full tank from here. The mechanic shown me the diesel he drained and it was milky white (like while paint mixed with fuel). After that incident I never filled from there, even though it is most convenient for me.

Edit: This happened an year back. I am not sure about current status of this pump.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 2nd January 2013 at 19:03.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 22:44   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Have come across instances where the staff tried to cheat few members and some of my friends without resetting the meter (the card, cash deviation technique). May be they made this a COCO for short period like the HP before Manipal hospital while coming from Murgeshpalaya. Guess it was operated as COCO for about a year.
Thanks @mpksuhas! Guess forewarned is forearmed! I will keep an eye out the next time I fuel up. This I never knew that COCO could be a temporary gimmicky thing like a temp operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
The mechanic shown me the diesel he drained and it was milky white (like while paint mixed with fuel).
Holy cow! This is scary? Not only do I have to keep a hawk's eye on the meter, but also check that the stuff going in is indeed what I am paying for! Thanks! OT here - how does one drain fuel from a tank? Is it by siphoning?
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:13   #669
BHPian

I notice that autocut filling from different pumps results in different quantity of fuel during fillup.

Why is this?
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:22   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
I notice that autocut filling from different pumps results in different quantity of fuel during fillup.

Why is this?
If I understood your question correctly, the quantity of fuel dispensed from the pump depends on the quantity of fuel in the tank. And the latter is never a constant. Right?

Last edited by deetjohn : 3rd January 2013 at 09:23. Reason: Typo.
Old 4th January 2013, 09:18   #671
Senior - BHPian

Scene at the BPCL pump across the street from Manipal Hospital. Can't find a place to report this at their (BPCL's) website.
Attached Images

Old 4th January 2013, 10:21   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My friend gets his swift VDI oil change at Shell bunk near Gopalan signature mall, but I inquired a few days ago. they have stopped this service temporarily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
For people in CV Raman nagar or HAL 3rd stage, there is a HP COCO bunk open from 6am to 10pm at the DRDO entrance opposite Bagmane Lake. There is a US Pizza on 1st floor. My experience with staff is good - air always available and am assuming COCO fuel is reliable.

Here is a link on google maps.
I use this pump frequently and am satisfied. The air pressure gauge is reliable and there is a machine to suck out engine oil and replace it. Also have nitrogen filling.

Quote:
Never had this problem here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
I had to drain fuel worth 3000 RS after finding hell lot of smoke from my Optra magnum after filling full tank from here. The mechanic shown me the diesel he drained and it was milky white (like while paint mixed with fuel). After that incident I never filled from there, even though it is most convenient for me.

Edit: This happened an year back. I am not sure about current status of this pump.
I get good mileage from the diesel from this pump and have been using it for over 2 years.
Old 27th January 2013, 12:04   #673
Distinguished - BHPian

New IOC bunk is functional next to Kadubeesanahalli underpass on ORR. Not sure about fuel quality, while coming from Bellandur towards Marthahalli its on left side while coming out of underpass.
GoogleMap Since past few weeks 3 bunks have opened in Bellandur- KR puram stretch of ORR.
Old 27th January 2013, 12:21   #674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Scene at the BPCL pump across the street from Manipal Hospital. Can't find a place to report this at their (BPCL's) website.

What is wrong in it? I mean i could not find anything amiss with a guy filling up diesel into a can attached to a bike.
Old 28th January 2013, 08:39   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

What is wrong in it? I mean i could not find anything amiss with a guy filling up diesel into a can attached to a bike.
It is an illegal, not to mention dangerous, practice.

Last edited by binand : 28th January 2013 at 08:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks