Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2013, 17:38   #721
Team-BHP Support

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Cross referencing this post from the Shell thread. Always double check the amount on the bill + credit card charge slip:
Might be possible that they relate to such tricks. The reason being the shell folks may expect most folks coming to their bunk to remain seated in the car and not worry too much about the bill or get out and check. But surely its shocking, because certain sub-functions of our daily life we assume to be fool proof and imagine such malpractices creeping in.
Old 26th June 2013, 11:04   #722
BHPian

For the past month I have been filing up from the HP Bunk (probably known as MATS) after Cosmos Mall on the Kundalahalli - ITPL Road. Significant increase in fuel efficiency. It is mentioned somewhere at their bunk that it is a Q&Q Bunk.

Any idea what the Q&Q implies?

Last edited by pratyush6 : 26th June 2013 at 11:28. Reason: spell check
Old 26th June 2013, 11:15   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
For the past month I have been filing up from the HP Bunk (probably known as MATS) afer Cosmos Mall on the Kundalahalli - ITPL Road. Significant increase in fuel efficiency. It is mentioned somewhere at their bunk that it is a Q&Q Bunk.

This pump also fills nitrogen? I think I spotted the machine while passing it yesterday. Will be trying this pump out on my next refill. Does it also stock the high octane petrol?

I have been filling at the Shell pump on the Varthur road. Mileage seems ok, and have not experienced any unwanted tricks. However, I feel the engine performance has gone down a bit.

MaSh
Old 26th June 2013, 11:23   #724
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its similar to 'Pure For Sure' bunks from BP. I guess it stands for Quality & Quantity.
Old 26th June 2013, 11:27   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
This pump also fills nitrogen? I think I spotted the machine while passing it yesterday. Will be trying this pump out on my next refill. Does it also stock the high octane petrol?

I have been filling at the Shell pump on the Varthur road. Mileage seems ok, and have not experienced any unwanted tricks. However, I feel the engine performance has gone down a bit.

MaSh
Yes, they do fill Nitrogen as well. No idea about the charges though.

I am thinking of getting my tyres filled up with Nitrogen, is there any significant difference? I am using Nitrogen filled tyres on my Bullet - however I still have to keep refilling every month.

No idea about High Octane Petrol - For Petrol I strictly visit Shell.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 26th June 2013 at 11:29.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 11:48   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, they do fill Nitrogen as well. No idea about the charges though.

I am thinking of getting my tyres filled up with Nitrogen, is there any significant difference? I am using Nitrogen filled tyres on my Bullet - however I still have to keep refilling every month.

No idea about High Octane Petrol - For Petrol I strictly visit Shell.
I have only filled nitrogen in my car and bike tires. The pressure stays as is for about 6 months. Car runs on OE rims.

Have you got your bullets rims checked for any bends? My bike too has rims and nitrogen pressure comes down by 1 or 2 psi in 4 months.
Old 30th June 2013, 19:37   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Does it also stock the high octane petrol?
MaSh
Its available at HP on Kasturba Road, not sure if the supply is regular.
Old 8th July 2013, 14:48   #728
Senior - BHPian

Hello BHPians - Quick Check for Trusted Petrol Pump

I am running low on fuel today. Haven't been going to my regular office. So missed re-fuelling at Shell bunks on the regular route.
Have to re-fuel at any of the Non-Shell outlets while returning from office today evening.

I have two bunks on the route:

- Indian Oil (I guess) in HSR Layout - When you descend from Agara Flyover, its on the left, near Nandos / Before Mantri.
- HP - Below the HSR Layout flyover.

Will be filling Petrol (Normal). I have planned to fill for 1000 bucks only.
Are these guys trust worthy ?

Will tank up later at Shell.
Old 8th July 2013, 14:56   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Hello BHPians - Quick Check for Trusted Petrol Pump

I am running low on fuel today. Haven't been going to my regular office. So missed re-fuelling at Shell bunks on the regular route.
Have to re-fuel at any of the Non-Shell outlets while returning from office today evening.

I have two bunks on the route:

- Indian Oil (I guess) in HSR Layout - When you descend from Agara Flyover, its on the left, near Nandos / Before Mantri.

Try the one next to Genpact Building in Bellandur. I have been using it from past 1 year and never had any bitter experiences so far. No tricks applied whatsoever.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 15:00   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Try the one next to Genpact Building in Bellandur. I have been using it from past 1 year and never had any bitter experiences so far. No tricks applied whatsoever.
Thanks mate !!
Unfortunately its on the opposite lane while returning home. Taking U-turn at Sarjapur, or using the Service Lane from Ecospace to reach this bunk is painful.

If I don't get any feedback about the HSR ones' I mentioned, before leaving for the day, I would go in for the Indian Oil next to Genpact.

Btw, I have 2 bars showing up in the MID. Should be Ok for another 20-30 kms. (Might fill tomorrow also :-P, I am lazy)
Old 8th July 2013, 15:15   #731
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

The HSR flyover HP is what I use on my Figo (Diesel). No bad experiences so far and the diesel quality seems good since the car feels smooth.

IOC in HSR layout near the Mantri apts is ok ok. Couple of times engine felt rough and FE went down so stopped going there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Actually this Indian oil near the ICICI bank in Bellandur is the most notorious on on ORR. Check this thread for multiple cheating and adulteration.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 16:43   #732
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Actually this Indian oil near the ICICI bank in Bellandur is the most notorious on on ORR. Check this thread for multiple cheating and adulteration.
I second that. I was once conned on my bike when I filled up there. I think that bunk's antics could largely be due to the monopoly they enjoy on that stretch. There is no other fuel pump in the vicinity of Bellandur on ORR, so they can play around with the large volume of customers going there. The closest one (which is also equally bad) is that battered bunk below Agara flyover, the one which looks like some ruins from world war II.
Old 8th July 2013, 16:45   #733
BHPian

Quote:
The HSR flyover HP is what I use on my Figo (Diesel). No bad experiences so far and the diesel quality seems good since the car feels smooth.

IOC in HSR layout near the Mantri apts is ok ok. Couple of times engine felt rough and FE went down so stopped going there.

Really ??? I use to be extra vigilant when filling on any bunk and this one never tried to play any trick. Had no idea about adulteration as i never had any probs with my car till now.
Old 8th July 2013, 17:32   #734
Distinguished - BHPian

The IOC bunk near Mantri appartments was reported by some members as having questionable fuel quality.
Also, the IOC bunk near Bellandur (Next to Genpact) was also mentioned couple of times for trying to trick on quantity.
Old 8th July 2013, 18:32   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The closest one (which is also equally bad) is that battered bunk below Agara flyover, the one which looks like some ruins from world war II.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
The IOC bunk near Mantri appartments was reported by some members as having questionable fuel quality.
Ok, bad news and good news.

Good news is I filled Rs1000 petrol (without any antics by the attendant/billing) and reached home without pushing my car.

Bad news is I filled at that Indian Oil bunk next to Mantri in HSR.

This is how it went:
- I open the tank, come out of the car.
- Press the lock manually from the driver side door, so that I don't have to look into the car for any unwanted theft from the other side doors/windows.
- Ask the attendant to fill Rs 1000, Normal Petrol.
- He presses the buttons and puts the dispenser into the fuel tank.
- Leans a little back and looks behind my car. Stands there till the fuel is filled.
- I ask him for receipt and hand him my card.
- He goes in, swipes, comes out with Printed Receipt and Card Receipt.
- I sign and leave.

So when he leaned back and looked behind the car, I think he got a good remembrance of some bad experiences while trying to cheat Team-BHPians.
Those LTD, URL stickers seems to have done some trick, I believe.
So he didn't try anything stupid with me.

Only thing that is running in my mind now is - How is the Fuel Quality ? Since I drove for another 5-6kms only, I didn't feel anything different.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks