Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2013, 10:12   #751
Team-BHP Support

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Typically bunks have separate diesel and petrol counters (well most of them).
Old 3rd September 2013, 10:43   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
There is one more IOC bunk near HSR club road. It's trust worthy as well.
You mean that bunk next to Purva Vantage? I have seen that bunk for about 6 yrs now. Its probably the second worst bunk in HSR Layout. It was shutdown I believe that for a period of time as they were found selling adulterated fuel.
Old 3rd September 2013, 10:51   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Typically bunks have separate diesel and petrol counters (well most of them).
Is't it very rare to find bunks which have separate pumps? Most bunks in cities nowadays are like the one below where at the same post there are pumps for Diesel as well as petrol.
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-petrol_diesel_india.jpg (Image courtesy:echoofindia.com)
There would usually be more than 1 such posts and the staff would fill only one kind of fuel from one post. Yes, a careless attender could use a wrong pump and mix up the fuel!
Old 3rd September 2013, 10:54   #754
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Is't it very rare to find bunks which have separate pumps? Most bunks in cities nowadays are like the one below where at the same post there are pumps for Diesel as well as petrol.
Actually strange. Most bunks that I have been to, have separate counters!
(Or May be I go to specific bunks where its like that). Though it reduces the error in a good way.
Old 3rd September 2013, 11:30   #755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually strange. Most bunks that I have been to, have separate counters!
(Or May be I go to specific bunks where its like that). Though it reduces the error in a good way.
Possible. What I notice is that in bunks where space is at a premium, you are likely to find this sort of arrangement. My guess is that the multi-fuel pumps are more expensive, so operators pick them only if the improved efficiency can justify it.
Old 3rd September 2013, 11:40   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
You mean that bunk next to Purva Vantage? I have seen that bunk for about 6 yrs now. Its probably the second worst bunk in HSR Layout. It was shutdown I believe that for a period of time as they were found selling adulterated fuel.
Oh Okay. I started using this bunk after knowing from a cab driver that they fill here regularly and its good. So far, i haven't observed any issues.
Old 4th September 2013, 15:07   #757
BHPian

Any feedback on the bunk next to Manyata Tech Park ?
Any COCO on the ORR between Benaldur and Hebbal Junction ?
Old 7th September 2013, 12:37   #758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Have seen OK and negative feedback about the IOC next to Manyata. Do not recollect any positive feedback though should say I have not filled from there yet. From Bellandur - Hebbal I dont think there are any COCO, only option is to take deviation of couple of KM's and try the Shell near Bayapanahalli.
Old 7th September 2013, 12:43   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I am a regular at the IOC next to Manyata. I go there for diesel , nitrogen and PUC certificate. So far the experience is ok/ good. But I don't take petrol pump for granted in Bangalore other than shell. So I will switch off the engine , come out and keep a vigilant watch on the meter and the pump attender.
Old 7th September 2013, 13:02   #760
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
I am a regular at the IOC next to Manyata. I go there for diesel , nitrogen and PUC certificate. So far the experience is ok/ good. But I don't take petrol pump for granted in Bangalore other than shell. So I will switch off the engine , come out and keep a vigilant watch on the meter and the pump attender.
But now going by the traffic there, I dont know, if its even accessible at times!
Lets see how long they take to complete the flyover.
Old 7th September 2013, 14:13   #761
BHPian

Quote:
But now going by the traffic there, I dont know, if its even accessible at times!
Lets see how long they take to complete the flyover.
Agree, during the peak hours the traffic will not allow you to get in and if you manage to get in, it will be full of Indicabs, Sumos and trucks . Since I work in Manyata, I get a chance to go there during the off peak hours say like 11 to 12:30 in the noon or either after 9pm. In the morning they usually start by 6:30 am or so.
Old 9th September 2013, 15:08   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Oh Okay. I started using this bunk after knowing from a cab driver that they fill here regularly and its good. So far, i haven't observed any issues.
I have been using this pump for about a year and haven't faced any issues. In fact my mileage goes up a notch when compared to the HP pump which is near BDA. Most evenings, there is huge queue of taxis lined up to fill diesel.
Old 12th September 2013, 12:03   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Yes, have seen that bunk. I guess no self respecting TBHPian will ever in their right mind drive their vehicle in there.

Infact I have not seen anyone filling from there yet. Most of the times they have few long distance buses parked there.
The IOC bunk recently opened near Kadubesinahalli underpass (Next to Prestige tech park) is OK I guess. I had filled my bike couple of times and found them fine. Had filled car just once that too for Rs 500 so unable to make out the quality. The service road on that side is a mess though.
I wouldn't recommend this pump. I saw someone filling fuel in a 2L bottle, asking for 2L, and when the filling was done. It was almost 1.75L. But the one filing it looked like he didn't care how much fuel he got for the money.

I was waiting in line and was going to ask for a full tank top up but I ended up asking for Rs. 200 (diesel).
Filled up elsewhere after that and never went back there again.
dieselat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 12:17   #764
BHPian

Recently 3 new pumps became operational on the Bellandur - Hebbal route. I have tried one of them, a HP petrol pump which is located on the service lane, just after Marathahalli underpass, bang opposite the shortcut road to ITPL via Alpine eco apartment.

Never found any reasons to complain about their services and each time I filled, they gave me a copy of the bill without me asking for it. I'd recommend that pump for sure.
Old 12th September 2013, 15:25   #765
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselat View Post
I wouldn't recommend this pump. I saw someone filling fuel in a 2L bottle, asking for 2L, and when the filling was done.
Which bunk are you mentioning about, IOC bunk at Kadubeesinahalli or the one near Agara flyover?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks