Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2013, 15:35   #766
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Which bunk are you mentioning about, IOC bunk at Kadubeesinahalli or the one near Agara flyover?
This is the one next at kadubeesanahalli. The one next to Prestige Tech Park. It's sort of at the end of the underpass, on the service/side road.
Old 12th September 2013, 20:55   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Which bunk are you mentioning about, IOC bunk at Kadubeesinahalli or the one near Agara flyover?
Kadubeensinahalli. As mentioned, avoid this. I had filled up from here as I was running low on fuel. Mileage dropped and I am not sure about the measurement also. Back to good old Shell, anytime and every time.
Old 24th September 2013, 15:33   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Any feedback on the bunk next to Manyata Tech Park ?
Any COCO on the ORR between Benaldur and Hebbal Junction ?
I have always filled up from there for my bike. The quality is good and I have never had issues with them trying to cheat me. My bike always performs good when filled from there.

cheers!
sai
sai_ace is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 16:43   #769
BHPian

Didn't come across much information for Banashankari, Basavangudi, etc., so adding my 2 cents !

IOC - Devegowda Petrol Bunk - BSK 3rd Stage - Diesel (Sunny)/ Petrol(Activa)

If you dont have to wait in queue, please reach there by 07:30 (for Diesel). After that Cabs, Tempo Travellers and Buses occupy most of the queue. No tricks observed till date. I either fill for 1500 or tank full for Diesel and 200/- for Activa. They have dispensers where the required amount needs to be punched in first and then the attendant waits till the fuel cut off occurs.

IOC - Annapurana Service Station - RV Road, Basavangudi - Diesel (Sunny)

The moment you enter, first 2 dispensers are exclusively for Diesel. They have dispensers where the required amount needs to be punched in first and then the attendant waits till the fuel cut off occurs.
I filled 2000/- worth of Diesel on August 30, went to Coorg and came back on Sep 2. 5 people on board plus luggage. Even after returning to Bangalore, I had to refuel only on 4th.

For both the bunks above -

1) No fooling around. You are free to stare at the meter as long as you want.

2) No one is going to ask you Cash or Card. Pay after the fuel is filled, or walk to the office and get your card swiped in your presence.

3) Staff at both the bunks also have sufficient knowledge that a Citibank Indian Oil card needs to be swiped on a Citibank machine only!!

My suggestions to fellow members -

1) Turn off the ignition and flip the tank lid switch.

2) The attendant would have just unlocked the cap by the time you are next to him.

3) All dispensers are built on a platform. Stand on that so that there is no way anyone can block you while viewing the meter.

4) It's not IOC or Shell that counts (I am not referring to quality of fuel, but the intentions of the staff). If the staff wants to cheat, they will definitely try irrespective of whether its a Shell or IOC. Only well informed people can avoid being cheated (like printed bills, etc.)

5) Getting out of your car also helps in checking whether the fuel tank was locked properly after refuelling. It would also prevent someone from refilling the tank with the wrong fuel.

As I said at the beginning, these are my observations and not at all necessary that others should agree to it.

Thanks for reading!
Old 25th September 2013, 20:02   #770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
IOC - Annapurana Service Station - RV Road, Basavangudi - Diesel (Sunny)
+1. I've been a customer of Annapurna Service Station for more than 10 years now and have never had any complaints.
Definitely a good bunk.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 15th October 2013, 15:20   #771
BHPian

Few days back when I was at the IOC petrol bunk near Yamlur traffic signal on Old Airport Road, the pump attendant tried his tricks to take my attention off the meter.

I asked for Rs 600 petrol for my bike. He fills for Rs 103 and stops. I tell him that I asked for Rs 600. He tries to say something, waves his hand, makes a V sign using his fingers, his colleague comes and tries to say something to me. All this while I just did not move my eyes from the meter. The other guy, who was collecting cash, says to the other one that just fill the fuel, this fellow will not look away (the essence of their conversation). They thought that I would not understand Kannada . Yeah, am from the Northern part of the country, but can broadly understand.

This was early morning and there was no rush at the bunk. When I asked for the bill in their language, the looks on their face was just amazing and worth cherishing. Was not in a mood for complaint/fight, gave them a smile, paid and went on my way.

Last edited by ambujlal : 15th October 2013 at 15:22. Reason: grammar.
Old 15th October 2013, 18:07   #772
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
I asked for Rs 600 petrol for my bike. He fills for Rs 103 and stops. I tell him that I asked for Rs 600.
I too had similar experience with this bunk around a year back. They filled the amount I had asked for when I didn't take my eyes off the meter and stopped responding to their questions they filled the rest.

That was the last time I went to that bunk. I had mentioned this in an older post. The problem is the HP bunk next to Brand Factory on the same road I felt is dispensing less fuel, and the newly opened bunk near JP Morgan near Kadubeesinahalli junction as per reviews in this thread is no good. So I now days I drive towards Varathur and fill on Shell after Kundanahalli junction.
Old 26th October 2013, 14:13   #773
BHPian

guys- I need to refuel imediately and do my emission testing too. I am in Electronic City, Bengaluru. Any pointers?
Old 31st October 2013, 13:51   #774
BHPian

Avoid the BP petrol pump near hennur cross on left side when you are going towards Manyata.

Today morning, I ask the attendant to fill for 1000rs and stand near the dispenser looking at the monitor. The attendant tries to start a conversation asking if I am from Kerala. Then says there is another kerala regd car just behind mine.. and In between another attendant comes and ask me which card to bill. This is a debit card and he acts as if he is billing a card for the first time.

I just turn back to look at the dispenser and it has stopped at 745rs. Attendant then says the magic word... 'Power Failure'.
Payed for whatever is billed and came off.
Old 31st October 2013, 14:43   #775
BHPian

Shell is opening an outlet bang opposite Salarpuria Softzone (just before Citrus Hotel) on the Outer Ring Road
speed kills is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2013, 09:34   #776
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
Shell is opening an outlet bang opposite Salarpuria Softzone (just before Citrus Hotel) on the Outer Ring Road
Just saw this yesterday. Absolutely brilliant. Till date my Altis tops up at Shell Vittal Mallya road even though I stay on Sarjapur road.

Atleast from now on I have a place nearby. Although looking at the place it looks to be a smaller bunk.
Old 11th November 2013, 14:44   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
guys- I need to refuel imediately and do my emission testing too. I am in Electronic City, Bengaluru. Any pointers?
You could try Advaita (BP) Petrol bunk in BTM layout (near Udupi garden signal) . They have good service as well as diesel and petrol emission test.
dieselat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 17:47   #778
Senior - BHPian

I had to visit the HP bunk on ORR (between the railway underpass and Total when going from Marathahalli to KR Puram; accessible from the service road) in an emergency situation on Saturday night. Overall, it was a pleasant experience (past 9 PM so no rush, no shenanigans by the operators, the auto-stop was honoured, my credit card was accepted etc.).
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 19:03   #779
BHPian

Please avoid IOC Bull Temple Filling Station on Bull Temple Road (near Reliance Fresh). I was regularly tanking up my Innova here. But stopped after I got a clogged diesel filter within 10,000 Kms of changing. Now I have switched over to Matha Service Station on Mysore Road (near VRL bus depot).
Also one my friends informed me that once he found kerosene mix in the petrol.

Regards

Samish
Old 25th November 2013, 09:24   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samish_g View Post
Please avoid IOC Bull Temple Filling Station on Bull Temple Road (near Reliance Fresh).
They don't just adulterate ! See this post to know about what my colleague had witnessed at that pump a year ago

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post2780059

Most Viewed