Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2014, 23:42   #841
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
This is 1.5 kms after konankunte cross on the left hand side, just opp to the road which goes to Mantri Tranquil.
I used to fill up at this station every week around 4 years back when I was going to college. Never had any sort of problems. The attendants always used to show Zero before filling up. But I don't know how it is now.

These days I only fill up at Mahashakti enterprises (The petrol pump near madhavan park, jayanagar 2nd block). Have never been disappointed till date by their service. I always use my IOC card for transactions and the turbo points really come in handy.
Old 19th March 2014, 21:14   #842
BHPian

Thanks Azhar. I am also using my IOC hard and going to try out this one as it is in a convenient location for me now.
Old 19th March 2014, 22:28   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
This is 1.5 kms after konankunte cross on the left hand side, just opp to the road which goes to Mantri Tranquil.
I too use this refilling station every day(for over three years now) and I do find some residue in my scooter's fuel tank.
Since I refill only at four stations(Aranya Shell,The one you've mentioned,IOC pump near Madhavan Park and Naga Gowri Sampath Enterprises-Shell),it can only be from these four.

I avoid Aranya Shell as I suspect tampering(My bike's efficiency hits new lows after each refill and they conveniently run out of regular petrol once a month).I have used the bunk since it's inception.
The IOC pump opposite to Madhavan Park is my first choice now,since the Bharat Petroleum bunk Aditya(Stone's throw away from the Big Church/BES Institutions) got shut after it was found that their 'licence' had expired!

My Shell bunk of choice is the one next to HMG en route to Lalbagh(But they don't sell regular petrol after 10 P.M and push super blah blah petrol instead) and the one on Bull Temple Road.
Also avoid the refilling station on South End Circle(Completely dishonest staff).
Old 20th March 2014, 22:41   #844
BHPian

@Patriot_Vishwas - Thanks for the response.
My first choice is always IOC opp to BSK Bus stand. They do not accept IOC Card anymore :( Since I do not go to Madhavan park area I have never tried or will use that IOC. Second choice i have is IOC BTM.
Old 10th April 2014, 16:37   #845
Senior - BHPian

How is the HP petrol pump near Tin Factory? I filled diesel there today, nothing to complain about but was looking to get feedback as this may become the regular one for me on my commute to work. They have nitrogen and did not charge anything for it.
Old 10th April 2014, 21:44   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
How is the HP petrol pump near Tin Factory? I filled diesel there today, nothing to complain about but was looking to get feedback as this may become the regular one for me on my commute to work. They have nitrogen and did not charge anything for it.
I filled diesel there twice, but my efficiency was not up to the mark. I prefer BP after the 2nd metro station ( don't remember the name this is after the bypanahalli station)
Old 16th May 2014, 23:45   #847
Senior - BHPian

I think I got ripped off today. :/

I had to fill fuel in the Jazz today when its range showed around 50km. I got into this BP bunk a little ahead of the Attiguppe Bus Stop near Vijaynagar called Gowda's. I asked them to fill petrol for Rs. 500. I checked the meter, made sure it was at 0 and they filled it till 500. I got back into the car and realized that the fuel gauge hadn't reflected any changes. I drove for around 100m and checked again. Neither had the fuel gauge reflected any changes, nor had the range increased. I went back to the bunk and spoke to the chaps there. They said that sometimes the car doesn't register the fuel increase and what not. Then I told them that for Rs.500, it ALWAYS registers the change.

Then, they told me that you can fill for another 500 and check. You can also do a volume test if you so desire. He also told me that if the petrol isn't reflected in the car, you can always come back later and ask us, we'll give you a guarantee. I finally decided that it would be better to fill for another Rs. 500 to clarify sooner if I was being cheated. And this time, I made sure I stood near the fuel lid and heard the fuel go in too. But again, the car didn't register any change. I asked them again and they said you can come back later if there is any problem.

I thought if I drive around a bit, it would register. But still no go.

Have I just been frauded of Rs. 1000? What can I do about this?

I have both Credit Card Slips as well as the Text Messages from SBI Card confirming the sale.

But in my anxiety, I forgot to collect the bill. Is there anything I can do?
Old 17th May 2014, 00:46   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
I think I got ripped off today. :/

I had to fill fuel in the Jazz today when its range showed around 50km. I got into this BP bunk a little ahead of the Attiguppe Bus Stop near Vijaynagar called Gowda's. I asked them to fill petrol for Rs. 500. I checked the meter, made sure it was at 0 and they filled it till 500. I got back into the car and realized that the fuel gauge hadn't reflected any changes. I drove for around 100m and checked again. Neither had the fuel gauge reflected any changes, nor had the range increased. I went back to the bunk and spoke to the chaps there. They said that sometimes the car doesn't register the fuel increase and what not. Then I told them that for Rs.500, it ALWAYS registers the change.

Then, they told me that you can fill for another 500 and check. You can also do a volume test if you so desire. He also told me that if the petrol isn't reflected in the car, you can always come back later and ask us, we'll give you a guarantee. I finally decided that it would be better to fill for another Rs. 500 to clarify sooner if I was being cheated. And this time, I made sure I stood near the fuel lid and heard the fuel go in too. But again, the car didn't register any change. I asked them again and they said you can come back later if there is any problem.

I have both Credit Card Slips as well as the Text Messages from SBI Card confirming the sale.

The best way to find out is to do a full tank. You will have an idea of the fuel that's already in the tank. You can say for sure.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th May 2014 at 11:51. Reason: Correcting typo
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2014, 00:48   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
The best way to find out is to do a full tank. You will have an idea of the fuel that's already in the tank. You can say for sure.
Thanks for the quick reply!

If the petrol has not been filled, what can I do to bring it to the attention of the parent company?

Last edited by Aditya : 19th May 2014 at 11:51. Reason: Correcting quote
Old 17th May 2014, 00:57   #850
Senior - BHPian

You can try writing to them. They do take complaints seriously but what proof do you have ?

In my case , this IOC COCO pump filled 37 liters of fuel in my car which had close to 10 litres in it and had a 35 liter capacity. I just took a pic of the meter on the fuel dispensing machine and kept the receipt.

IOC investigated and finally acceoted that there was an issue. The attendant was fired.

Sent from my mobile phone , please excuse typos
Old 17th May 2014, 01:48   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

To avoid unwanted trouble like this, I always refuel at Shell.

The only thing you can do now is do a full tank and check.

p.s
Don't go back to the same bunk for a full tank
Old 17th May 2014, 04:56   #852
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ashwin, there's a Shell on Magadi Road .. not far from there. It's between Veeresh & KHB bus stop .. have you tried that ?
Old 17th May 2014, 05:34   #853
BHPian

Quote:
this time, I made sure I stood near the fuel lid and heard the fuel go in too. But again, the car didn't register any change.
Could it be a faulty float in the petrol tank which is stuck?
Old 17th May 2014, 10:35   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can try writing to them. They do take complaints seriously but what proof do you have ?
Point taken; no proof here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Don't go back to the same bunk for a full tank
Even if I'm dying on the kitchen floor, no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Ashwin, there's a Shell on Magadi Road .. not far from there. It's between Veeresh & KHB bus stop .. have you tried that ?
I wanted to, but it was late, around 10:45PM and Shell usually shuts shop by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
I don't think so. The fuel gauge didn't go up. But went down just fine.

But is the range also dependent on the Fuel Gauge? Beacause that didn't change too!
Old 18th May 2014, 00:36   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The best way to find out is to do a full hank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
The only thing you can do now is do a full tank and check.
Did just that. Asked the chap to fill for Rs. 2000. And then he stops at Rs. 1600 odd saying the tank is full! And this time, the fuel gauge reflected the change too!

Looks like I did get the fuel for Rs. 1000 after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
I assume that was the case. And maybe the Rs. 1600 worth of extra fuel got it unstuck?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks