Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2014, 07:25   #856
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
I don't think so. The fuel gauge didn't go up. But went down just fine.

But is the range also dependent on the Fuel Gauge? Beacause that didn't change too!
I guess all of fuel gauge, range calculator, mileage calculator etc. depend on estimating the amount of fuel left in the tank. If that input is faulty, all the above output would be erroneous.

Incidentally, the kind of behaviour you describe used to happen with the fuel gauge of my old Kinetic Honda - the first couple of litres would hardly impress the gauge, then the third would propel it to near the half-way mark (it had a 7-litre tank).
Old 19th May 2014, 09:31   #857
BHPian

Ok, this is not related to fuel quality but another vital component that we get checked at the fuel bunks, Air. Last time when I topped up my ride at HP fuel bunk on Outer Ring Road (Close to Total Mall-EMC Traffic light), I got the air checked & filled to 32Psi. Yesterday, I went to Shell fuel bunk on Graphite India Road and got the air pressure checked. The reading for all the tyres was 26psi. The time difference between the two readings was 12 days.

Now I do understand that air can leak out, but air leak in all the tyres in same amount! I really don't buy that. I guess its the difference is in how their meters are calibrated. In such a case whom should I trust! Should I buy my own good quality foot pump, would that help?

Last edited by ambujlal : 19th May 2014 at 09:32.
Old 19th May 2014, 22:44   #858
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Ok, this is not related to fuel quality but another vital component that we get checked at the fuel bunks, Air. Last time when I topped up my ride at HP fuel bunk on Outer Ring Road (Close to Total Mall-EMC Traffic light), I got the air checked & filled to 32Psi. Yesterday, I went to Shell fuel bunk on Graphite India Road and got the air pressure checked. The reading for all the tyres was 26psi. The time difference between the two readings was 12 days.

Now I do understand that air can leak out, but air leak in all the tyres in same amount! I really don't buy that. I guess its the difference is in how their meters are calibrated. In such a case whom should I trust! Should I buy my own good quality foot pump, would that help?
Don't buy a pump but rather buy a pressure Guage.

Shell pumps air machines are pretty accurate from my experience
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 08:51   #859
BHPian

The bunk next to Madiwala police station (Venkateswara & Co) was on my list of trusted pumps.... until today morning.

I was taken along for the well-known "100Rs-first-followed by-oh-my-mistake" routine while filling up for Rs500 for my CL350.

I had made it amply clear, even before attendant1 asked me, that I wanted a fill for 500. He blocked my view, used a preset for 100Rs and made a show of starting the pump. I handed over a 500Rs note to attendant 2 (who was on the other side of the bike, as per the script). Now attendant1 set the meter for 400 and started off. I waited until he finished and asked in a raised voice why 400 when I wanted 500. Apologies followed along with mumbling something about him being distracted & another 100Rs worth of fuel was dumped. And yes, Attendant2 was supportive to my cause (confirming that he was the lead), again keeping to the script.

I'm not even sure now that the preset 100Rs does supply the displayed quantity. Next time will try for a quantity check.

Be warned all ye using this bunk!

Last edited by vinjosep : 1st June 2014 at 08:53.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 09:58   #860
Senior - BHPian

Any reliable pump to fill diesel in the Hosur road stretch from Madiwala to Electronic city?

I have been filling at IOC bunk next to the signal after Electronic City; want to skip IOC and use BP/HP fuel for a while.
Old 2nd June 2014, 13:58   #861
Senior - BHPian

I am filling at Sri Satya Sai Petrol pump ( HP) on 80 feet Koramangala near to Maharaja hotel signal. Till now their behaviour is honest.
Old 3rd June 2014, 19:20   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post

1) If you fill in air after your tyres have run a few km, the pressure will show higher than it should. If you check when the tyres are cold the next morning, the pressure will read lower.

2) Most bunks' air pressure meters are wrong.

For the above two reasons, I always ask them to put in 3-4 psi above recommended. Then next morning, I bleed off the excess.

Of course, this requires a reliable air pressure gauge of your own. Go to a tyre shop and buy one from them. I bought one somewhere which is German made and is supposed to be Michelin authorized and supposed to be used at all stores selling Michelin tyres. Cost about Rs. 1k.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 22:43   #863
Distinguished - BHPian

The HP bunk on Chamarajpet 5th Main looks fine.
Old 10th June 2014, 19:52   #864
Senior - BHPian

I went to HP (?) petrol pump near BDA complex, HSR layout today afternoon. I was in a two wheeler and there was some 3-4 bikes in queue. The guy in front of me asked to fill and the attender did the well known trick. He filled for 100 and then 400. This poor guy, seemed to be a skilled labour from North, left quickly after paying a Rs. 500 note.

I questioned this attender how he can collect Rs. 100 extra, first he said some excuses and later he said this was some earlier payment which he collected now. I was left with no option.

I left the place and stopped that poor guy after BDA complex. He said it was his first visit to that pump and no bill was pending. Explained him how he was cheated and left.

Don't know what happened next.

Guys, beware while visiting this pump.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 20:00   #865
Senior - BHPian

How does this 100-400 trick work?

Attender fills for 100, says sorry, 'reset' the meter to 400 and then fills 400 worth of fuel. So, I have 500 worth of fuel. If the meter is 'not' reset, the fuel is continued to be filled till 400, then there is a fraud. What am I missing?
Old 10th June 2014, 20:09   #866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass
How does this 100-400 trick work?

Attender fills for 100, says sorry, 'reset' the meter to 400 and then fills 400 worth of fuel. So, I have 500 worth of fuel. If the meter is 'not' reset, the fuel is continued to be filled till 400, then there is a fraud. What am I missing?
He didn't reset the meter.

I faced this trick twice in Bangalore and last week in Pune. This Pune guy tried to cheat me for Rs. 300 (2000-1700), but immediately filled without an argument, when I raised an alarm.

After experiencing these, I keep my eyes on meter even if they try to divert attention.
Old 11th June 2014, 12:56   #867
BHPian

Visited HP petrol pump (next to Jalsa Restaurant,Doddanekkundi which was opened recently on Outer Ring Road) yesterday night with an 3 liter oil can, since fuel in my bike was stolen at my apartment parking lot.

Asked the attendant to fill the can and once completed it showed a reading of 3.78 lts dispensed. When i questioned he just gave me a electronic bill and told me to check with manager, on hearing my side manager agreed to do a Measuring task.

When we measured it showed only 3.25 lts of petrol, when demanded why so low, his answer was that since we did measuring 500 ml of petrol was vapoured (please note that it was a closed room and it was in the evening).

Later i demanded to show the fuel quantity in there measuring tube, for 500 ml it showed close to 580 ml on the dispensing machine. On questioning the staff went inside the room discussed and paid back my money as it was peak hour in the evening hence no arguments i left the place.

Last edited by SPEEDY_RACER : 11th June 2014 at 13:01.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 13:09   #868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
I somehow never liked the look of that petrol pump, so only fill for less than Rs.100 there as I stay close by. You should have taken their complaint book and logged a complaint, and if you have the receipt, you still go ahead and log a complaint with HP. These morons deserve to be taught a lesson that money is not cheap.
Old 11th June 2014, 13:12   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I somehow never liked the look of that petrol pump, so only fill for less than Rs.100 there as I stay close by. You should have taken their complaint book and logged a complaint, and if you have the receipt, you still go ahead and log a complaint with HP. These morons deserve to be taught a lesson that money is not cheap.
i had the receipt through which i have already raised a concern in HP website, but god knows what happens with these complaints.

Last edited by SPEEDY_RACER : 11th June 2014 at 13:14.
Old 11th June 2014, 14:07   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Visited HP petrol pump (next to Jalsa Restaurant,Doddanekkundi which was opened recently on Outer Ring Road)

Man!! And I used to think this was one of the better pumps. I had noticed that whenever I fill here, the fuel indicator needle goes a notch higher compared to other pumps!

Its getting increasingly tougher to find good petrol pumps these days!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks