Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2014, 14:20   #871
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Visited HP petrol pump (next to Jalsa Restaurant,Doddanekkundi which was opened recently on Outer Ring Road) yesterday night with an 3 liter oil can, since fuel in my bike was stolen at my apartment parking lot.

Guys, beware while visiting this pump.
I have filled from this bunk only once and was wondering why did my car which gives a consistent mileage of 13-13.5 kmpl gave a mileage of 11.7 kmpl with the fuel from this bunk. I always stick to Shell bunk on Graphite India road. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11th June 2014, 14:29   #872
Senior - BHPian

Filled at the HP bunk which is located at the left side at the Madiwala checkpost junction when proceeding towards Koramagala. Seems to be good, got good FE as well.
Old 11th June 2014, 15:33   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Visited HP petrol pump (next to Jalsa Restaurant,Doddanekkundi

Guys, beware while visiting this pump.
Bummer. This was the nearest to my home and hence preferred pump on the counter-clockwise ORR. Where is the next reliable pump?
Old 11th June 2014, 15:53   #874
BHPian

My policy is simple ... If the filling station is well maintained then there is a high probability of getting good fuel. Works most of the time.
Old 11th June 2014, 15:58   #875
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I am not able to find any descent bunk from KR puram (Shell)till BTM water tank (IOC COCO). All the ones en-route, old or new has are bit shady.
Old 11th June 2014, 16:04   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
My policy is simple ... If the filling station is well maintained then there is a high probability of getting good fuel. Works most of the time.
I completely agree to this. I always follow this method while I am travelling out of city, within city I always stick to the known ones. With the diesel rates going the way they are, I am sure to be shifting to Shell in the next couple of months, so no worry there but again within city.
Old 11th June 2014, 19:09   #877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Visited HP petrol pump ...with an 3 liter oil can,...

...once completed it showed a reading of 3.78 lts dispensed....on hearing my side manager agreed to do a Measuring task.

When we measured it showed only 3.25 lts of petrol,..
Strange! You took a 3L can, the pump showed 3.78L and when you measure, it's 3.25L ?!

How can your 3L can hold 3.25L? Am I missing something?
Old 11th June 2014, 19:27   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Strange! You took a 3L can, the pump showed 3.78L and when you measure, it's 3.25L ?!

How can your 3L can hold 3.25L? Am I missing something?
Hi swiftnfurious,

nope you are not missing any thing it being an engine oil can which would have a margin of 500 ml(approximately) hence it showed 3.25 ltrs.

i got doubt when the bill showed 3.78 ltrs which was not believable and i raised my voice.

hope this clarifies.

i prefer shell pump next to graphite India signal, but they don't fill in cans, and it would have been a tough time to push the bike till that pump, hence i had to go to these pump.

Last edited by SPEEDY_RACER : 11th June 2014 at 19:29.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 23:16   #879
BHPian

Guys, I had a BAD experience at Banashankari Service Station, IOC Dealer in Padmanabha Nagar. Please watchful if you are filling here. I will never go there.
Old 13th June 2014, 00:53   #880
BHPian

I had a bad experience today at IOC Pump, BEL Circle, Gokula. The guy who was filling didn't even ensure zero. The reading started directly from Rs.30 or so. There was another guy who was collecting the money. When I reported that to him, he started talking very rudely. I had a heated argument and left. I sent a complaint to IOC through their shabby website. But I'm sure nothing's gonna happen.

In a separate incident, I had a problem with a Shell bunk's staff not honouring a discount coupon and talking back pretty rude. I had placed a complaint on Shell website. They contacted me back via email, took my contact number, called me a day later and took down all the details. A couple of days later, the store's owner(who wasn't directly involved in this incident) called me and apologised. He kept on offering me some compensation even though I rejected multiple times. In the end, I told him to make sure that such incidents do not repeat with any customer and that that would be a big compensation. After a couple more days, I got one more call from Shell to check if the owner had to called to resolve the issue. I was really happy with the seriousness with which my complaint was considered. The way the owner spoke was nice too. Due to this, I always go to that bunk whenever I need to get tank fulls.

My experience with Shell was always pleasant. This made it even better.

On the other hand, I always used to avoid IOC when I was in Mysore. IOC used to give poorer mileage, engine roughness etc. most of the time. I usually stick to BP when I go to these state owned ones.

There are 1 HP, 1 IOC and 1 BP outlets near my place. All of them are pretty badly maintained. So I never do tankfulls there. I had stopped going to those HP and BP due to the '100 first, I didn't hear you properly and the remaining later' tricks. IOC was the only one remaining. Now I'll steer clear of that too.

So guys, steer clear of the IOC, BP and the HP which are near to BEL Circle. The IOC and BP are beside each other. HP is on ORR going towards Tumkur Road as soon as the underpass ends.
Old 15th June 2014, 17:45   #881
BHPian

I'm regularly filling petrol in Shell, varthur road, near siddapura. Even I bought shell card paying Rs.50 which is more of like pre-paid card. One can top-up through online also, though I've not tried yet. There is 0.5% discount every litre, approx 40 paise savings/litre . After doing quick math on my average consumption, I subscribed to this card.

Few weeks back, I got suspicious on the quantity of the fuel supplied. As per my i10 fuel indicator, I was expecting around 16-17 litres till auto cut-off, but actual reading was 21 litres. I complained this to the manager who was kind enough and she immediately filled 5 litre jar and convinced me .
Old 7th July 2014, 19:54   #882
BHPian

Guys, any feedback on the BP petrol pump, just after Hoodi Circle (on left) while going towards ITPL ? I was recommended by few friends after I bought my new Diesel mill. Till date I have always been filling up my tank of old car which ran on Petrol from Shell petrol bunk at graphite junction ?
These days the cars display the mileage on dashboard, how is it calculated ? Suppose I am duped of 3L of Diesel due to faulty metre and I pay for 38L when actually 35L might have only gone in the engine, how does the calculation work ?
Old 10th July 2014, 10:06   #883
BHPian

Sharing my experience with two pumps in HSR Layout - I (used to) fill here since I work at HSR.

1) Vrishabhadri Enterprises, HP dealer next to BDA Complex. Last week, went to fill Innova with Diesel for Rs. 2000/-. Guy puts 200/- doesn't even start filling, starts distracting (usual tricks). Then when I told 2000/- fills and stops at 1800/. I told him that unless he produces a bill for 2000/- from the pump, he is not going to get 2000/- from me. I think a new guy, since pump couldn't print anything because he hadn't even start filling at the first time. Also since I shouted, he filled for full 2000/- I paid and came back.

Today, did a full tank for A-Star. A lady attendant and there was a queue behind me. She did the usual tactics of getting me to move the car, then starting the pump for the person behind (now she can't print my bill) and billed me for 32 liters. Not possible since fuel tank is only 35 liters and I had at least 2 bars left in the meter.

She also tried not resetting the pump to zero before filling.

So here, if you go, ensure that you get out of the car, always get the bill and don't move till you get everything to your satisfaction. Since it is not spacious, it is better to go when not crowded.

2) IOC Bunk near bus depot on ORR. I had to get the fuel filter of my Innova replaced after filling up from here. Dirty diesel. Less said the better. They too try the 200/- trick a lot (I used to stay next to these guys in 2004 and have been subjected to this attempt multiple times).

Seriously, I am considering taking a break during work and getting at least petrol filled from Shell @ Hosur Road.
Old 10th July 2014, 10:20   #884
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsbabu View Post
Seriously, I am considering taking a break during work and getting at least petrol filled from Shell @ Hosur Road.
There is one more IOC inside HSR, on the 19th main. They seem to be better.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 10:54   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Guys, any feedback on the BP petrol pump, just after Hoodi Circle (on left) while going towards ITPL ?
I stay at hoodi and I never prefer the diesel from that pump. Once I had used due to an emergency and the quality difference was felt immediately with poor performance and followed by poor mileage.

Most Viewed