Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2014, 11:11   #886
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsbabu View Post
2) IOC Bunk near bus depot on ORR. I had to get the fuel filter of my Innova replaced after filling up from here. Dirty diesel. Less said the better. They too try the 200/- trick a lot (I used to stay next to these guys in 2004 and have been subjected to this attempt multiple times).
Oh, even I too changed my Innova's fuel filter and cleaned the tank after filling up diesel from this place around 5 months back. But I did a refill after a long drive, at that time I thought some highway refilling from remote place was the culprit. Nowadays I am sticking to IOC on ORR, opposite Akme Harmony, near Bellandur.
How is shell diesel performance with Innova
Old 10th July 2014, 12:22   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
How is shell diesel performance with Innova
Haven't tried Shell diesel on Innova since about 4 years. Till then price difference was marginal and used to fill up regularly. No change in performance (I am a sedate driver), but it used to feel more silent - could be because the car was newer as well.
Old 10th July 2014, 13:43   #888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
There is one more IOC inside HSR, on the 19th main. They seem to be better.
I am filling both petrol and diesel there regularly.

I saw an electronic scrolling display there mentioning that their fuel is cheaper by some 40 paise or so. I presume this is the reason why a lot of yellow board vehicles come there to fill.
Old 16th July 2014, 23:40   #889
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I am filling both petrol and diesel there regularly.
Is this the bunk discussed ?
Old 17th July 2014, 00:38   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Is this the bunk discussed ?
Yes, that is the one. Filled petrol today; there was a guy who came with a 2 litre coco-cola bottle and the petrol filled in that looked 'visibly' accurate.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 15:15   #891
Senior - BHPian

Recently, I asked a bunk called Vinod Enterprises near Mysore Road, Bangalore to fill up my car for Rs. 1000. There were 2 attendants, say A and B.

A set the meter to 0 and began to fill fuel while B took my card to make the payment. In a while, A decided to stop at 200. B tells him that I asked for Rs. 1000, so B decides to continue filling. At this moment, B asks me if my card has a PIN. I turn my head to say no. After a while, A stops at 800. I ask him why is he stopping at 800, he needs to stop at 1000. He tells me that he reset the meter. I said no you didn't. He says he did. To confirm, I check the range in my car, it shows the range exactly for 10L. 2.5L short of what I should've gotten.

So I ask them for 2 receipts. Since they claimed they filled for 200 and then 800, give me both receipts. They reached out for a handheld book. I told them I wanted the receipt that will be printed by the fuel dispenser. Once I began to insist, he asked me what the problem was, I told that I have been fuelled for Rs. 800 and not Rs. 1000. He understood he was caught and then prompty filled for the remaining 200!
ashwin.terminat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 14:01   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I saw an electronic scrolling display there mentioning that their fuel is cheaper by some 40 paise or so. I presume this is the reason why a lot of yellow board vehicles come there to fill.
Though I stay close, I was not using this pump for long time. Tried this time and was curious about this 40p less price. I was surprised to see that all the pumps had a sticker saying "With 10% ethanol".

May be I did not notice earlier, do all the stations supply blended petrol nowadays?
Old 21st July 2014, 20:54   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Recently, I asked a bunk called Vinod Enterprises near Mysore Road, Bangalore to fill up my car for Rs. 1000. There were 2 attendants, say A and B.

A set the meter to 0 and began to fill fuel while B took my card to make the payment. In a while, A decided to stop at 200. B tells him that I asked for Rs. 1000, so B decides to continue filling. At this moment, B asks me if my card has a PIN. I turn my head to say no. After a while, A stops at 800. I ask him why is he stopping at 800, he needs to stop at 1000. He tells me that he reset the meter. I said no you didn't. He says he did. To confirm, I check the range in my car, it shows the range exactly for 10L. 2.5L short of what I should've gotten.

So I ask them for 2 receipts. Since they claimed they filled for 200 and then 800, give me both receipts. They reached out for a handheld book. I told them I wanted the receipt that will be printed by the fuel dispenser. Once I began to insist, he asked me what the problem was, I told that I have been fuelled for Rs. 800 and not Rs. 1000. He understood he was caught and then prompty filled for the remaining 200!
Is this petrol bunk opposite the Gopalan Mall?

Anyways, good that you kept insisting and did not relent. Good learning, that we should ask for the printed receipt to confirm the fuel filled.

Regards,

Samish
Old 21st July 2014, 22:42   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samish_g View Post
Is this petrol bunk opposite the Gopalan Mall?

Anyways, good that you kept insisting and did not relent. Good learning, that we should ask for the printed receipt to confirm the fuel filled.

Regards,

Samish
Always ask for the printed receipt and ALWAYS keep your eyes on the meter no matter what is what I had learnt that day.

And yes, I do think it was the bunk opposite Gopalan Mall.

It was the first petrol bunk to the left after getting off of the BGS Flyover whilst coming from Town Hall side.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:47   #895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I was surprised to see that all the pumps had a sticker saying "With 10% ethanol".
I don't think the price difference is due to ethanol blending, since it is done at refinery and not at bunks.
However I am not sure if ethanol percentage is 10%, it was earlier declared (~3 years back)that 5% ethanol will be mixed along with fuel. Not sure if they increased the percentage later.

Usually discounted price is given by bunks by taking a hit at their commission from sales. I know of two bunks owned by lorry owners association where they sell diesel approximately 50 paise less than market rate, I guess this bunk also following the same.
Old 23rd July 2014, 22:12   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
However I am not sure if ethanol percentage is 10%, it was earlier declared (~3 years back)that 5% ethanol will be mixed along with fuel. Not sure if they increased the percentage later.
It was indeed displayed as 10% Ethanol. I read somewhere that the blending target has been recently hiked to 10%. Not sure if they sell the same in all the pumps, that is why I got curious about the discounted price.

How about Shell? Do they also sell blended petrol?
Old 24th July 2014, 10:02   #897
Senior - BHPian

Can some one guide me to a pump with PUC test facility in Whitefield area?
Old 25th July 2014, 11:15   #898
BHPian

This Indian Oil Petrol Pump in Chandra Layout known as Balaji Service Station.
I'm a regular here.
One day I happened to tank-up, used Credit Card for the transaction, and the worst thing I could do is, forget the card and drive away.
This was my life's first such blunder with Credit Card.

Next, after driving a distance, I got an sms on stating the Credit Card was used for another transaction of Re. 1/-.
This was more like a 'Missed Call' to me by which the pump guy was trying to hint me that I've left my card with him.
He doesn't have my number, no contact details, but what he did was a good use of presence of mind.
I went back to the pump and picked up the card immediately.

God bless that guy!
vishnu-man is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 11:51   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Can some one guide me to a pump with PUC test facility in Whitefield area?
Not exactly in Whitefield, but the HP and the IOC pump near the Phoenix market city have PUC facility on the ITPL road.
dass is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 14:32   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Not exactly in Whitefield, but the HP and the IOC pump near the Phoenix market city have PUC facility on the ITPL road.
I went to the HP pump near Phoenix, unfortunately they don't have it. Nowadays very few places they are doing PUC test, don't know the reason.

Most Viewed