Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2014, 22:51   #931
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
I will also refuel at Indian Oil COCO pump on Old Madras Road (little after Whitefield Honda, left hand side when heading towards ITPL)

Thanks for correcting me!
Slightly confused. Beyond Whitefield Honda towards ITPL (it is not Old Madras Road) there is a Shell and an HPCL before Phoenix Market City; and towards city (away from ITPL) near the confluence of ORR and Old Madras Road there is an IOCL. Did you mean the latter one? Or is there another IOCL COCO hiding in this area?

Edit: There is another IOCL if you took the ORR from Whitefield Honda towards Marathahalli; beyond the Mahadevpura junction and Durga Rainbow Apartment on the service road. That definitely doesn't look COCO to me.

Last edited by binand : 28th November 2014 at 22:53.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 12:58   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Beyond Whitefield Honda towards ITPL (it is not Old Madras Road)

Quote:
HPCL before Phoenix Market
Just before this HPCL pump there is an IOCL (when heading towards ITPL, on the same side). Hope this time it is clear
hillsnrains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 14:34   #933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just before this HPCL pump there is an IOCL (when heading towards ITPL, on the same side). Hope this time it is clear
Thanks. Never noticed it, probably because I invariably take the left turn immediately after this HPCL and join ORR at Mahadevpura and vice versa too.
Old 29th November 2014, 19:20   #934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just before this HPCL pump there is an IOCL (when heading towards ITPL, on the same side)
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Never noticed it,
Even I have not noticed this bunk . A colleague of mine who stays nearby says there is a new bunk open, guess it is the same one.

Last edited by mpksuhas : 29th November 2014 at 19:23.
Old 29th November 2014, 22:41   #935
BHPian

yes, this is recently opened. Infact this is extension to the one otherside of the road (this is the one between the Whitefield Honda an HP).
Old 1st December 2014, 00:05   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I am filling at Sri Satya Sai Petrol pump ( HP) on 80 feet Koramangala near to Maharaja hotel signal. Till now their behaviour is honest.
Sorry if this is late, but I only saw your post only today when I was retracing the posts on this thread.

The one next to Maharaja hotel signal is known to be a fraudster by most local people in S T Bed Layout. They even tried to cheat me soon after they opened up a few years ago. A tell tale sign is that hardly any vehicles go there. Their air filling machine has never worked the few times I have been there.

Most of the people I know fill gas from the IOCL COCO outlet just before the Koramangala bus depot when heading towards NGV.
Old 25th December 2014, 02:09   #937
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
There is also one more IOC COCO in Koramangala just opposite to Koramangala bus stop. I have filled diesel couple of times and quality is good there.
can you please add some more detail regarding the location ? which road, which direction this bus stop is at ?
Old 25th December 2014, 12:39   #938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
can you please add some more detail regarding the location ? which road, which direction this bus stop is at ?
This bunk is on left hand side while coming from Sony World Signal towards NGV. Its just opposite to Dominos i guess.
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2014, 12:43   #939
Distinguished - BHPian

There are complaints about the attendants at this particular IOC COCO bunk.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2014, 13:59   #940
BHPian

I have been filling up from the BPCL outlet on 8th Main Rd, Malleshwaram (Next to the CCD) and have found the quality of their petrol to be consistently good. A decade back this was a pump you would avoid at all costs but they seem to have managed to turn the place around.
They have a nitrogen filler too but I seemed to be erratic the one time I used it.
Old 26th December 2014, 17:27   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
There are complaints about the attendants at this particular IOC COCO bunk.
Could you please elaborate on this. I have been filling diesel on this bunk for last couple of years had not issues till today.
Old 26th December 2014, 19:21   #942
Distinguished - BHPian

@Badri, pls chec this thread itself .. it is the usual tricks by pump attendants.
Old 3rd January 2015, 10:42   #943
BHPian

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Police and a large crowd gathered in front of the IOC bunk in front of Purva vantage on 19 Main HSR layout. Locals tell me that they shortfilled and were caught red handed.
Old 4th January 2015, 12:02   #944
BHPian

Today, the HP attendant at HSR bda corner tried to pull the credit card distraction with me. Suddenly, the pump showed 400 Rs and stopped. He then started to fill in again. I politely asked him for the receipt for the 400 Rs. Gave me a blank stare and then charged me for the second fill only. Speaking in Kannada helped, I guess.
Old 4th January 2015, 14:23   #945
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Police and a large crowd gathered in front of the IOC bunk .
This the bunk which sell diesel 50p less than market place right? I guess this is the first time there is a negative report about this bunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Today, the HP attendant at HSR bda corner tried to pull the credit card distraction with me.
This is a regular issue with this bunk I guess. A friend of mine too mentioned the similar incident which happened to him at this bunk. I remember a post on this thread earlier mentioning the same.

With the other IOC bunk, located next to Agara bus depot too getting bad reviews I guess the only bunk left in this area is the BP bunk near HSR police station. Any reviews about the same?

Most Viewed