Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2015, 11:15   #976
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

I'd been to Shell, Whitefield Main Road ( Opp. HP office ) they before yesterday and they too were closed citing out of stock as the reason. The petrol pump attendant told me that it would remain closed for the entire February and thereby, I drove back to Shell, Old Madras Road to fill it up. This is the second time I am using the Old Madras road bunk and satisfied with the quality.
Old 21st February 2015, 17:10   #977
Senior - BHPian

Same reply at the Lalbagh road shell too. They have diesel in stock at present. So had to go to the Park view near Krishna Rao park today.
Old 21st February 2015, 20:26   #978
Distinguished - BHPian

Diesel is out of stock in Bellandur Shell bunk when I checked today evening. Later filled from BP bunk in HSR located next to police station.
Old 9th March 2015, 11:28   #979
BHPian

I had a bad experience in the IOCL Bunk near Hanana furniture on Hosur Road near Kudlu Gate in Bangalore (near Dakshin Honda). I took my Nano and asked to fill fuel for Rs 500. 2 attendants were involved. They directed me to the area where 2 wheelers were filling. The one who was opening the fuel cap distracted me by asking if I want to fill oil too and kept saying my mileage will improve. I kept refusing thinking what the hell is he talking about filling oil in a car petrol tank. During this time, the other attendant put the nozzle and started filling. By the time I noted the dispenser meter it was already close to Rs 200. I realized that they had swindled me and I had no proof that they reset the dispenser to zero. I decided to inform the attendant that I noted this and I told him. He was as expected denying the whole episode. In the end I had to leave with whatever fuel they had given me. I decided to find out in whatever way possible about this and this is how I figured it out.
The DTE was showing 52km before I filled fuel (I had checked it at the entrance to the bunk). After driving for half a km, the display got updated and the DTE was showing 158km. So the fuel that I got increased my range by 106km. Before filling and after filling my AFE display was at 17.7km/l. So that meant I got 5.98 litres of fuel (Dividing 106 by 17.7). Given the present fuel price of Rs 65.65/l at that bunk, I got approx Rs 393 worth of fuel where I paid Rs 500. So I was swindled of Rs 100 approx. I went back to the bunk and complained to the manager about this and explained my calculation. She called the attendant asked him about the complaint. No figures were said to the attendant. After some denial, the attendant gave me back Rs 100. Now how did he know that it was Rs 100 that we were talking about here? This meant my calculation was correct and it has taught me a lesson to keep my eyes on the dispenser display from the moment I enter the bunk till the filling is over. I never even realized till today that the DTE and AFE display would come in so handy!
I have heard a couple of such experiences from my colleagues at this bunk, so please beware of this particular bunk.

Last edited by alphahere : 9th March 2015 at 11:35.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 21:29   #980
BHPian

Was gifted these two pens by Shell when I filled up on Shell Super for my ride a short while back. Nice gesture!
Attached Thumbnails
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-dsc_3704.jpg  

barcalad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 02:26   #981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
I had a bad experience in the IOCL Bunk near Hanana furniture on Hosur Road near Kudlu Gate in Bangalore (near Dakshin Honda)...
Though it's a stone's throw away for me, I never fill fuel from that place. Had suspected it to be a shady place because of a few wars of words I'd witnessed on the way (which I do not know for sure was for this reason). Instead I head to Shell Bommanahalli, which is about 3km from Kudlu gate signal, for the peace of mind factor.
Old 17th April 2015, 15:13   #982
BHPian

Heard from multiple friends that there seems to be shortage of fuel. Most pumps around HSR closed. Artificial demand before the bandh?
Old 17th April 2015, 15:27   #983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Heard from multiple friends that there seems to be shortage of fuel. Most pumps around HSR closed. Artificial demand before the bandh?
Happened to me yesterday night. There was no Diesel at Reddy Fuel station at Seshadripuram. Then I drove straight near my house and tried refilling at a known BPCL outlet in Vidyaranyapura but they too declined saying no stock (Diesel only). When asked why, he didn't have an answer.

Woke up a bit early and started for work 30 mins ahead of time and tanked up at Shell, Yelahanka this morning.
Old 17th April 2015, 16:12   #984
BHPian

One of the pumps in Ramamurthy Nagar also said 'no petrol' today morning.
Wonder if there is a huge hike around the corner!!
Old 17th April 2015, 19:40   #985
BHPian

No diesel available on Mysore Road (Kengeri onward) bunks this morning. The attendants did not have a proper reply. Some said because of "strike", while a few others said "no delivery" from the oil companies. Was surprised as one COCO bunk also said the same. So, I think it is an artificially created scarcity before tomorrow's strike. On Sundays usually, there are no "loads" delivered to the individual outlets, so expect "no stock" on Monday also. Hope normalcy is restored by Tuesday. As of now have about 10 litres of diesel left in the Etios. So expect it to suffice till Tuesday.

Regards

Samish
Old 18th April 2015, 08:50   #986
Senior - BHPian

There was a strike by fuel tanker operators leading to shortage of fuel in most of the fuel stations across Bangalore yesterday.
The strike is withdrawn and by late night there was fuel available near the petrol stations near my house, but with huge lines as today is a bandh with no fuel until 6PM.
Old 18th April 2015, 09:36   #987
BHPian

Petrol/Diesel was available at Shell bunks yesterday evening without much fuss. It was less crowded compared with IOC and BP. BP and IOC bunks were very crowded right from the evening leading to traffic jams and later on, most of the bunks were closed citing 'Out of Stock' as the reason. But the same bunks were opened at late night. Bunk attendants were not clear as some cited strike as the reason and others cited bandh for it.
Old 18th April 2015, 09:48   #988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samish_g View Post
So, I think it is an artificially created scarcity before tomorrow's strike. On Sundays usually, there are no "loads" delivered to the individual outlets, so expect "no stock" on Monday also.
There is nothing gained by oil companies by creating artificial scarcity. They can't sell at higher price later. In fact they will lose revenue and is loss for everyone. If the fuel doesn't flow through their dispenser, they stop making money.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 21:12   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
There is nothing gained by oil companies by creating artificial scarcity. They can't sell at higher price later. In fact they will lose revenue and is loss for everyone. If the fuel doesn't flow through their dispenser, they stop making money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
There was a strike by fuel tanker operators leading to shortage of fuel in most of the fuel stations across Bangalore yesterday.
The strike is withdrawn and by late night there was fuel available near the petrol stations near my house, but with huge lines as today is a bandh with no fuel until 6PM.
I apologize for the misunderstanding @msdivy. What I meant was the retail outlets (petrol bunks) had purposefully shut shop anticipating trouble from hooligans by 5 PM in the better part of South Bangalore (Basavanagudi - Jaynagar area).
Further as @speedmister said, there was also an effect of the strike called by petrol tankers owners association (which was called off by around 8:30 PM)
Fuel supply was normalised by Sunday morning. On asking the manager of the petrol pump, he accepted that they had closed down early on Friday (in spite of having sufficient stock) in apprehension of trouble (bandh called on Saturday, 18-Apr-15).

Regards,

Samish
Old 26th May 2015, 14:28   #990
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Recommend the Shell petrol pump on Old Madras Road near Big Bazaar/Gopalan signature mall. Trustworthy over the past few years.
And now they're open 24 hours - recently they've put up a big banner outside mentioning this
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks