Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2015, 00:09   #1021
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Agree on Shell Diesel. Noticed that the mileage had gone up by atleast 1 kmpl while filling at Shell.
And one good thing about filling Diesel at Shell is that they do not pester you to buy V-Power

The IOC bunk at Kadubesnahalli is getting notorious. I filled up on a wego for 100, the needle didn't even rise above reserve. Its a small tank for the scooter, so I expected the needle to atleast cross the red line. My friend who uses this bunk for emergencies too feels the same.

Last edited by glenmz : 10th December 2015 at 00:13.
glenmz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 10:03   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadknight5 View Post
Can anyone please suggest any trusted fuel bunks around Banaswadi ?
Depending on your travel around the city, you can fill up from the Shell outlet at Bellandur. I'm kind of a regular there. Wait for others to comment in case you need an outlet in Banaswadi

Quote:
Is Shell Diesel good for Indian Cars ? I have a Mahindra XUV. I have heard mixed responses so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Noticed that the mileage had gone up by atleast 1 kmpl while filling at Shell.
In terms of FE, engine noise, responsiveness, visible smoke etc., Shell diesel = IOC COCO/HP COCO/BP COCO diesel + Stanadyne.
One main advantage I see at Shell outlets is that the probability of getting adulterated fuel and/or getting conned is very minimal. Ever since getting my car remapped, I try to fill up only from Shell, even when Shell diesel was a few Rupees more expensive than the rest.
silversteed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 10:42   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post

In terms of FE, engine noise, responsiveness, visible smoke etc., Shell diesel = IOC COCO/HP COCO/BP COCO diesel + Stanadyne.
I have been reading that Indian Diesel engines are not attuned for Additives and hence are not recommended.

Quote:
One main advantage I see at Shell outlets is that the probability of getting adulterated fuel and/or getting conned is very minimal. Ever since getting my car remapped, I try to fill up only from Shell, even when Shell diesel was a few Rupees more expensive than the rest.
I blindly fill it up for my petrol car. I agree that its worth paying bit more for better fuel quality and accurate quantity. But for Diesel Engines, I have been reading that its not worth to buy it from Shell.
Old 10th December 2015, 14:13   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Didnt know that Shell use additives on fuel. If so, that might go against Fords manual. Ford has recommended to fill fuel without any additives.

I attributed the increase in FE to the correct amount of fuel filled.
Old 10th December 2015, 16:21   #1025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Didnt know that Shell use additives on fuel. If so, that might go against Fords manual. Ford has recommended to fill fuel without any additives.

I attributed the increase in FE to the correct amount of fuel filled.
Glen, I was stating my experience with Shell diesel. I found the effect of Shell diesel to be the same as using IOC/HP/BP COCO diesel and Stanadyne additive. This does not imply that Shell uses additives.

Hope this clears the air
silversteed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 15:27   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadknight5 View Post
I have been reading that Indian Diesel engines are not attuned for Additives and hence are not recommended.

I blindly fill it up for my petrol car. I agree that its worth paying bit more for better fuel quality and accurate quantity. But for Diesel Engines, I have been reading that its not worth to buy it from Shell.
I used to fill at either Nagpal's or at Woodlands for the first 25k kms for my Swift VDi. Switched to Shell post that, to be frank, after the Shell prices dropped to be at par with others. The avg FE has clearly increased by 1.5 kmpl (15.2 to 16.8). I have not felt any improvement in terms of refinement anyways.
Old 1st January 2016, 19:33   #1027
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I have switched from HP/BP to shell diesel for my rapid. Although I was initially under the impression that the better FE and better refinement were 'psychological' - over many months, the 1.6 TDI engine is consistently in a better state - the tractor clatter is lesser on cold starts. I have not changed my driving style at all. This was confirmed when, a friend who sat in my car (after a long gap) for a short commute commented - "the engine is more silent than before"

For bangalore-cochin trips, to and fro are done within a tank - 48-49 litres for ~1080km (approx 22 kmpl; I keep an upper limit of 100-110 kph).
Old 3rd January 2016, 12:23   #1028
BHPian

How does COCO IndianOil fare for the VW/Skoda diesels? Anybody have experimental results comparing between IndianOil and Shell?
Old 6th January 2016, 15:56   #1029
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
How does COCO IndianOil fare for the VW/Skoda diesels? Anybody have experimental results comparing between IndianOil and Shell?
Apart from a handful of times, I have always refilled my XUV from Shell or COCO (IOC, HP, BP) bunks for the past 25000 KM's.

I have not found any difference in engine performance across any brands.

Logically too, as per my understanding Shell sources its fuel from Mangalore refineries which supplies to IOC too I guess. Hence there should not be any difference.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 16:15   #1030
BHPian

I fill diesel for my Punto 90Hp @Shell Bunk on ITPL main road. I have also tried HP COCO bunk in CV Raman Nagar, DRDO quarters.

With Shell diesel, car runs smooth, less clatter sound. But I find the car has lost some of its pick up, it's noticeable when I switch on AC, car's pick up goes down. With COCO diesel, car's clatter is audible, doesn't run that smooth, but the pick up loss is not noticed whenever I switch on the AC. I have an aggressive right foot, so I never look at the mileage, there were days when I even got 9Kmpl using Shell Diesel.
Old 8th January 2016, 17:28   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Horses View Post
With Shell diesel, car runs smooth, less clatter sound. But I find the car has lost some of its pick up, it's noticeable when I switch on AC, car's pick up goes down. With COCO diesel, car's clatter is audible, doesn't run that smooth, but the pick up loss is not noticed whenever I switch on the AC.
Ah! I found my long lost twin

I always believed it was placebo, but another person reporting a similar effect can't mean it's placebo, or does it?
silversteed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 17:41   #1032
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Horses View Post
With Shell diesel, car runs smooth, less clatter sound. But I find the car has lost some of its pick up, it's noticeable when I switch on AC, car's pick up goes down.
Something that I have noticed regularly, especially on non-CRDI engines. There are others who have experienced the same.
Quote:
I always believed it was placebo, but another person reporting a similar effect can't mean it's placebo, or does it?
The behavior has been there from the time Shell re-entered India a few years ago.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 17:37   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Here's a story featured on TheLogicalIndia regarding Sree Lakshmi Service Station (Bharat Petroleum dealer), MS Ramaiah Road, Jalahalli, Bangalore.

Quote:
“To catch a thief, as they say goes, think like a thief. When the thief is caught, why he should only get a rap on the knuckles and let go?

This morning I took my car to fill diesel at Sree Lakshmi Service Station (Bharat Petroleum dealer), MS Ramaiah Road, Jalahalli, Bangalore.

Asking the attendant to fill full tank, I got down to give my card. The attendant stopped the dispenser when the reading was showing Rs.300.

When asked why the delivery is only for Rs.300 when I had asked for full tank, he pretended about not listening to me fully and then continued to fill the tank without resetting the dispenser to zero.

I was observing the settings. While the tank was being filled, as a diversionary tactic, another attendant tried to engage me in a conversation by saying that I need to check the air pressure in the tyres. I am aware of this dirty trick and therefore ignored his advice.

Now about the day light robbery. The guy who took my card, gave me a charge slip for Rs.2300 for 48.25 litres. When I asked him how it is possible to fill 48.25 litres when the tank capacity is 42 litres, he felt his pant falling down, and meekly apologized.

Upon raising my voice, in comes the manager. He looked at his staff as though he is making an aerial survey to assess the damage. When I demanded the dispenser-generated bill, the bill was for Rs.2000.29 for 41.97 litres – exactly for the tank capacity. The thief was caught and the extra money of Rs.300 was returned to me.

The gas station is located on a busy road. If 20 customers are cheated like this per day, the attendant makes a cool Rs.2 lakhs per month, tax free. Through ill gotten money, he may drive Audi in future but I will still be driving my Verna car, purchased from my hard earned money and after paying myriad taxes.
Source: http://thelogicalindian.com/my-story...eir-customers/
ashwin.terminat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 19:12   #1034
Distinguished - BHPian

City Service Station, JP nagar (on Ring Road). The cheating by attendants continues.
This is a HP bunk.
Old 27th January 2016, 17:48   #1035
BHPian

Did the last two tank fills with normal petrol in the Shell petrol bunk near Graphite India, Whitefield.

The FE rose by about 2.5 kmpl.

I used to fill at the BP petrol bunk in Hoodi, opp. Hotel Zuri.

11kmpl then, 13.5 kmpl now. All driven in city traffic conditions. AC on about 50% of the times.

Car in question is the Grand i10 petrol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks