Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2016, 17:21   #1096
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Where exactly is this ?
https://goo.gl/maps/toS1onkatmx

I did a tankful of my bike in BP Bunk, opp. to Jeevan bhima nagar police station, the attendant refused to give the machine bill stating its not working. Not sure how trustworthy these folks are..
Sri Vathsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 17:31   #1097
Distinguished - BHPian

Some location that ! One would have to search for it ..

MRPL itself should be fine. The bunk may be Company Owned, and if yes, then fuel should be fine.
Old 13th May 2016, 18:43   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Once my brother-in-law went to BIAL to drop off someone, and got into a pump on NH7 on his way back to fill. Full tank (2000+), not enough cash in hand, the pump's card swipe system is down.

They were fine with him leaving to fetch money. No guarantee required. He drove the car out, went some distance to locate an ATM, returned and paid them.
Good to know this. In fact they didn't ask me for guarantee in the first place. But on seeing the supervisors face I felt he is not quiet happy to let me go. So told them that i can keep something here and collect it on time of payment. And he ask for my mobile. But still a happy experience for me.
I guess in your brothers case it was a problem with the bunks swiping machine which is not his fault. Good that they allow him to go out and collect cash.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd June 2016 at 16:31. Reason: Typo
Old 3rd June 2016, 09:57   #1099
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across this news in Hindu.
Though, bunk should have taken precautions to avoid water seepage in first place. The actions taken by them post issue being detected is commendable.

Had talked to the bunk owner mentioned in the post on phone couple of months back based on a complaint I had raised in Shell portal regarding transaction charge debitted on debit card transactions. He sounded a reasonable person who was genuinely keen on finding the cause of he issue.

This was related to Bellandur bunk, later had checked if he was available when I went to the bunk. The salesman there mentioned he would be there only for few hours and he owns three Shell bunks in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-img_20160603_094830.jpg  

Old 3rd June 2016, 11:59   #1100
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw from the ToI Bangalore print edition that fuel tanker drivers/cleaners are again planning to strike from Monday, 6 June.

Better tank up today to be absolutely safe!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 13:13   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
https://goo.gl/maps/toS1onkatmx

I did a tankful of my bike in BP Bunk, opp. to Jeevan bhima nagar police station, the attendant refused to give the machine bill stating its not working. Not sure how trustworthy these folks are..
I have filled here couple of times (spread over 3 years) - both times they tried to fill fuel when the starting value was non-zero (& they pretend as though its a genuine mistake when I pointed it to them). I would recommend you to stay away from this bunk. Not trustworthy at all.
Old 3rd June 2016, 17:24   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Saw from the ToI Bangalore print edition that fuel tanker drivers/cleaners are again planning to strike from Monday, 6 June.

Better tank up today to be absolutely safe!
Ah, now i know the reason, why there was a pile up of vehicles outside shell bunk at 10:40 in the night (ORR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
I have filled here couple of times (spread over 3 years) - both times they tried to fill fuel when the starting value was non-zero (& they pretend as though its a genuine mistake when I pointed it to them). I would recommend you to stay away from this bunk. Not trustworthy at all.
there are 2 bunks in close proximity, one is Indian Oil (apparently they were caught cheating and had bad reputation) but i checked with few friends and they said this is a 24 Hour bunk and no problem with fuel quantity or quality, will always keep in mind. Thanks for the heads up
Sri Vathsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 08:53   #1103
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

there are 2 bunks in close proximity, one is Indian Oil (apparently they were caught cheating and had bad reputation) but i checked with few friends and they said this is a 24 Hour bunk and no problem with fuel quantity or quality, will always keep in mind. Thanks for the heads up
ok. Now I get it. You are right. There are indeed 2 petrol bunks very nearby there. But your original post misled me (highlighted it in bold). The BP bunk is right next to Jeevan bhima nagar police station not opposite to it. This bunk is ok. I have filled here a few times and haven't had bad experience so far.
The bunk I was referring to in my previous post was the Indian Oil bunk which is opposite to the JB Nagar Police station (but a litte away not directly opposite). It is this bunk which has a bad reputation and better to avoid it.

OT: I think I know why you made the mistake in your original post. The Indiranagar Traffic Police Station is exactly opposite to the Jeevan Bhima nagar Police station. And people often confuse between the two.
Old 29th June 2016, 20:36   #1104
BHPian

Does anybody know why sometimes, fuel attendants push for premium or speed petrol? When I know clearly , normal unleaded is available and yet they insist I tank up on their 'premium' fuel. Normally I don't argue and let them fill but I've always wondered, why do they do that?
Old 29th June 2016, 22:31   #1105
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Does anybody know why sometimes, fuel attendants push for premium or speed petrol? When I know clearly , normal unleaded is available and yet they insist I tank up on their 'premium' fuel. Normally I don't argue and let them fill but I've always wondered, why do they do that?
Obviously margins for the oil companies are more with premium fuel, and I guess pump attendants are encouraged to push it. In some pumps they also give you free nitrogen top up for tyres if you buy a tank full of premium fuel. At such pumps, the attendants keep asking you to go for premium fuel and get the nitrogen free.
Old 30th June 2016, 08:50   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post

Hi there, the single most important reasoning behind this is branding and topping the premium category which gives the oil marketing companies a sense of pride and bragging rights. Secondly, as NPV says, higher profitability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Obviously margins for the oil companies are more with premium fuel, and I guess pump attendants are encouraged to push it. In some pumps they also give you free nitrogen top up for tyres if you buy a tank full of premium fuel. At such pumps, the attendants keep asking you to go for premium fuel and get the nitrogen free.
Hi NPV, the pump attendents are pushed because the dealers have little say in refusing the premium fuel to be sold in their pumps. Quite naturally, they pressurise the attendents to push the same and that is cyclical. In fact, attendents are quitting Shell bunks due to the intolerable pressure.
Old 14th July 2016, 15:02   #1107
Distinguished - BHPian

Something weird about my last refill at Shell, Bellandur. Going to a Shell bunk after some time. Fuel Indicator on my Vento was at the half way mark and probably on the verge of dropping another point. The attendant fills fuel till the Auto Cut off. I ask to top up as I was just going to start a long drive.

The Top up goes on and on way past the typical time and fuel it takes from Auto Stop to full top up. Finally the meter stops at 45 liters (Tank capacity is 55 liters and the Vento can take another 5-8 liters over the official capacity). Typically I fill when the indicator is at quarter tank or just below and the car takes ~48 liters. So I was surprised that from almost half tank on the indicator, the car took 45 liters.

I was alone with my daughter and have not know this bunk to cheat, so I did not try to get any justification and drove off. But I felt I may have been cheated with the top up.

With this in mind, I start of on my trip. I go 200 km at a MID indicated mileage of 14.5 kmpl and the indicator still shows full and does not drop a bar. I go another 80 km and still no change. By then I am convinced that something has gone wrong with my fuel gauge. Finally after 300 km the MID drops a bar and then drops another bar at a typical expected interval by when I reach my destination.

So does not look like Shell cheated in anyway. But overall pretty weird and am unable figure out a proper explanation for this deviation from the norm.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 14th July 2016 at 15:04.
Old 15th July 2016, 15:08   #1108
BHPian

I think there were similar discussions on Vento Fuel Tank capacity in another thread and quoting below one of the reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
To answer queries about fuel capacity of Vento. Its typically 55 lt including reserve. Over an above that, once I have filled in extra 12 lt by pressing that small button inside the fuel inlet mouth.

So safely you can put Vento fuel capacity at about ~67 lt. Nothing to be worried about.

But it should only be done during long drives not during city run. As the space for expansion of air is now filled with fuel.
vin_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 08:29   #1109
BHPian

Today I filled petrol in HP petrol bunk Doddanekkundi using PayTM and got a cashback of Rs. 50 immediately. As I can think, below are the advantages of paying through PayTM over credit card:

- There would be no fuel surcharge
- Don't need a card to fill fuel, mobile does the work
- No worry of credit card being charged (you get a message on the transaction) but charge slip not generating at the station
- Not to worry on the card misuse in the fuel stations

Think I would continue paying through PayTM irrespective of the cashback offer.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 17:06   #1110
BHPian

What is the general opinion of the following bunks, for Diesel:
1. HP bunk on JP Nagar outer ring road
2. IOC pump next to Forum Mall, Koramangla.

I usually tank up at Shell in JP Nagar 1st Phase, but his air filling machine remains out of order frequently, which makes me waste additional time, and also delay topping air in the tyres.

The above two pumps are on my route to office, plus I have co-branded credit cards from HPCL and IOC, so I can avoid surchage as well. In HP, i can accumulate payback points as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks