Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2019, 22:37   #1276
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
There is a COCO at Somapura gate? Can you please share location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Have been using the COCO HP pump at Sompura Gate, Sarjapur Road as it is right beside the gate of my home. Can't complain really.
This pump isn’t a COCO.

Filled here today after seeing the post, because I was sure there isn’t a COCO in my everyday route as I was looking for one since ages.

Fuel from BPCL (JSN pump, Sarjapur road) was still better IMO.

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-ab0a07dad5894c20b22329ac9786a77a.jpeg

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-70bb9a5a798242649a85fc88f323896a.jpeg

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-5b40656caebf4b21bba847be48e2485c.jpeg
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 07:55   #1277
BHPian

A new Shell Petrol pump is open now on the Ramamurthy Nagar main road just opposite to Nilgiri.
adi_gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 11:10   #1278
ZMG
BHPian

Scam Alert at Bharat Petrol Next to Madivala traffic police station:

Never get air filled at this place. I have seen the tyre shop guys call out for puncture, while filling air, and will throw a nail when you are moving to get it inspected.

They have called out a puncture in my car at least 5 times, and each time after they did, I reversed my car from the spot, and did not go forward, and that seemed to really piss the attendant.

Also, there Nitrogen machine, throws in liquid, and causes rusting of steel rims.
Avoid getting an air refill here.

Have raised a complaint on Bharat Petrol site.
ZMG is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 12:26   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
Scam Alert at Bharat Petrol Next to Madivala traffic police station:
Thanks for sharing. I had bad experience while fuelling sometime back and posted on this thread also. Would not recommend this to anyone for anything. One of the worst.

Also the HP bunk on St. John’s medical college junction. Avoid these 2 bunks in this stretch.
blorebuddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2019, 13:44   #1280
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Met a friend today who had a near-miss high value transaction at a petrol bunk last week. This was at the Bharat Petroleum bunk on Jeevan Bima Nagar main road. The attendant entered 2 lakh and odd for a 2000 odd bill and just as he was about to punch in the PIN he noticed it, shouted at the guy and asked him to cancel the transaction The attendant then tells him not to get tensed, such mistakes happen, just the previous week someone was charged 2 lakhs and in a week the transaction was reversed
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 17:59   #1281
Senior - BHPian

The Shell petrol pump on the South End road is finally open. I happened to see this today during my return from work. Tanked up the Duke and it was the same Shell experience minus the V Power push.

An Essar is opening up on the busy Chennamana kere road soon which links Vidyapeetha Circle to the Indira nursing home. This is very near to the SSM school. An Essar board has come up in the earlier Kar Wash facility. I wonder how the Government gives permission to operate such petrol pumps in residential areas on such small piece of land.

When this opens there will be Essar petrol pumps at Seetha circle, Kathriguppe main road, Kalidasa Layout, Avalahalli main road all within a 3km radius.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 20:05   #1282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post

An Essar is opening up on the busy Chennamana kere road soon which links Vidyapeetha Circle to the Indira nursing home. This is very near to the SSM school. An Essar board has come up in the earlier Kar Wash facility. I wonder how the Government gives permission to operate such petrol pumps in residential areas on such <Snip>
This is going to be a mess. The junction at this place is already prone to gridlocks due to people rushing ahead from all directions. The site also isn't a huge one to support all the facilities. Mostly they will operate a single station or two meant for two wheelers. At least the Essar on Kattariguppe main road is bigger and is located on a wider road.
Old 14th March 2019, 08:21   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Avoid it like plague , Also Anurag petrol pump on inner ring road near to EGpura is avoidable.
I had a near miss cheating experience with Anurag HP petrol pump near ejipura yest.

I asked them to fill for 2000rs. Unusually a 2nd person came to speak to me (read as distraction). Then suddenly they said power failure. Meter was at 310rs.

2nd guy continued to speak to me saying now remaining is 1690rs, Sir plz note 310.

In a flash the 1st guy came back and starting refilling again. Thanks to my intuition, i quickly turned back to see where he started and it was continued from 310rs. However at 1690 he stopped and said sir over.

At this moment, understanding the fraud i pounced on him from my car and yelled. Immediately they filled additional 310rs diesel without any fuzz.

This is a clear scam. Wonder how many are victims already. Need help on how to raise a complaint. Pump is BP.

EDIT: Sorry my bad. It is BP pump (had mentioned as HP). I have raised complaint with https://ebiz.bpc.co.in/Ccsext/Corpor...ntRegistration

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th March 2019 at 11:51. Reason: Adding content from subsequent post
Old 14th March 2019, 16:53   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
I had a near miss cheating experience with Anurag HP petrol pump near ejipura yest.

I always make it a point to get down and stand near the nozzle when fuel is being filled. This not only will deter them from cheating but you can also keep talking looking at the dispenser. And any instance of power fail or 100Rs over saar, I simply ask them to put the cap back, pay and walk out.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 10:28   #1285
Distinguished - BHPian

Nagpal's Garage moving to Bellary Road. Wonder where? Hopefully they will stock the high RON stuff in their new location!

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/68458921.cms
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 15:57   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
I had a near miss cheating experience with Anurag BP petrol pump near ejipura yest.
UPDATE: After I raised the concern online with BP using their Link, a ticket was created. Within few hours I got call from the Petrol pump, in fact two calls. First one was to understand my concern and when it happened. Second call was more welcoming (claimed to be the owner of the pump) and they said if I required any further resolution, whole heartedly apologised accepting the "mistake" and requested me to close the ticket. They ensured that this will not happen again.

So in all likelihood such complaints do matter. I request everyone to report wrong doings immediately to prevent such mischiefs in future. ALERT PUBLIC is the greatest DETERRENT!
sam_sant2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 18:37   #1287
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I will be driving to Calicut tomorrow morning; so need to know:

* Is the Shell at Bellandur (on service road towards Iblur) an all-night one?
* Is the HP at Murugesh Palya (before Manipal hospital) an all-night one?

What is an all-night pump within city on the way from Marathahalli to Mysore Road, either via ORR or via Richmond Circle?

My start time would be between 3 and 4 AM.
Old 19th March 2019, 18:59   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
What is an all-night pump within city on the way from Marathahalli to Mysore Road, either via ORR or via Richmond Circle?
I guess it's IOC - ORR, HSR Layout and IOC COCO @BTM Layout are open all night.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 19:40   #1289
BHPian

Quote:

My start time would be between 3 and 4 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I guess it's IOC - ORR, HSR Layout and IOC COCO @BTM Layout are open all night.
If you are taking ORR between GD Mara and Nayandanahalli then you can visit Shell outlet in JP Nagar which is towards your right, which I have seen open at 4am.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 19th March 2019 at 19:43. Reason: Corrected a typo
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 19:13   #1290
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I will be driving to Calicut tomorrow morning; so need to know:

* Is the HP at Murugesh Palya (before Manipal hospital) an all-night one?
Maybe my reply is a bit late. Yes, the HP is a 24 hour bunk and is one of the best in Bangalore .
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed