Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2019, 19:22   #1291
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Maybe my reply is a bit late. Yes, the HP is a 24 hour bunk and is one of the best in Bangalore .
Thanks. I did fill here and also did air top up.
Old 25th March 2019, 07:47   #1292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Nagpal's Garage moving to Bellary Road. Wonder where? Hopefully they will stock the high RON stuff in their new location!
I suspect it could very well be right next to Stanley Boutique and CCD on Bellary Road towards the City.
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-bpcl-nagpals.jpg
I noticed this one today morning and when I glanced left I saw this was under construction. Not sure if this is the same Nagpal's new address.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 08:59   #1293
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm pleased with Essar and Shell, I'll stick to Shell (regular) as much as possible and maybe V-Power on occasion.

I'm done with BP and IO, permanently. There is something about them that is so similar to BSNL or say, SBI.. they will always be there but they will always be square, they have not moved ahead enough with the times and the customer is never king there. Attendant service is good enough in Shell and Essar, not too many long lines (hope most people don't come here, else they'll also become pompous like BP and IO).

Hope more dealers go for Shell and other international fuel companies, just like BSNL and Indian Airlines, the government owned bunks should be shunted big time.
Old 25th March 2019, 10:57   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
not too many long lines (hope most people don't come here, else they'll also become pompous like BP and IO).

Hope more dealers go for Shell and other international fuel companies, just like BSNL and Indian Airlines, the government owned bunks should be shunted big time.
Disagree, I find IOC Coco bunk near my house far better than shell in terms of quality, quantity, Price and service. If you search this thread for IOC coco koramangala, there were many complaints in the past about staff cheating customers etc. But, things have improved after many complaints to IOC, I don't see these staff anymore and I haven't come across any cheating in the recent past.

1. Quality and quantity of fuel - my car (diesel) feels normal after tank full in IOC, whenever I fill shell diesel it feels unrefined and mileage would drop, have tested the same in different shell outlets

2. Price and service - IOC folks are efficient and are faster (my experience) and I spend less time in their bunk, it takes at least 20 mins (normal hours) for me to tank up in any shell outlet and the constant nagging to fill up their premium fuel.

Yes, there are many IOC, BP and other PSU bunks who would cheat their customers but there are some really good ones too (like coco bunks in my example), any bunk which gets a bad reputation of cheating, people avoid these bunks and would leave a negative review.
Sri Vathsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 11:08   #1295
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
I'm done with BP and IO, permanently. There is something about them that is so similar to BSNL or say, SBI.. they will always be there but they will always be square, they have not moved ahead enough with the times and the customer is never king there. Attendant service is good enough in Shell and Essar, not too many long lines (hope most people don't come here, else they'll also become pompous like BP and IO).
Good to know you're happy with Shell and Essar
I wouldn't stereotype fuel outlets based on my experience over the last 2 decades. When driving on highways, I try to find good, large outlets (prefer COCO) of BP/HP/IOC/Reliance and have always been happy with fuel quality. The service experience has a personal aspect in regard to one's expectations, but I always keep the expectations (low) to just having them provide clean, quick and honest fueling.

When in my home city, I always prefer to use a known place (without any brand affinity). To each his own.

Last edited by NPV : 25th March 2019 at 11:14.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 11:10   #1296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Nagpal's Garage moving to Bellary Road. Wonder where? Hopefully they will stock the high RON stuff in their new location!

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/68458921.cms
Their new pump is coming up on the service road that you take after Baptist Hospital near Hebbal just before you turn left into R.T. Nagar at CBI junction. I was passing the area and the spotted the new BP pump with the same set of employees . I couldn't go in and ask about the availability of Speed 97, but just looking at the location and viability, I think its wishful thinking.
Santoshbhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 11:17   #1297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I try to find good, large outlets (prefer COCO) of BP/HP/IOC/Reliance and have always been happy with fuel quality.
Definitely its COCOs for me as well when I am out on the highway. Honestly, I am least bothered about hunting for a Shell station out of Bangalore. COCOs so far has given me trouble-free experience by far, especially BPCL and HPCL.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 09:45   #1298
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

OT to be asking here, but couldn't find a better thread to ask -
I have heard many diesel car owners swear by the excellent Q&Q of diesel in Reliance highway bunks. How about the petrol ? I usually look for COCOs on the highways to tank up on petrol. Should I consider reliance bunks to be as reliable in terms of Q&Q ?
Old 26th March 2019, 09:51   #1299
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I usually look for COCOs on the highways to tank up on petrol. Should I consider reliance bunks to be as reliable in terms of Q&Q ?
Same here, always prefer COCO outlets. My only recent experience at Reliance (petrol for my Swift Dzire) was at the outlet near Varur, outskirts of Hubli (also has a Kamat outlet) which was very good.
Old 26th March 2019, 09:54   #1300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
OT to be asking here, but couldn't find a better thread to ask -
I have heard many diesel car owners swear by the excellent Q&Q of diesel in Reliance highway bunks. How about the petrol ? I usually look for COCOs on the highways to tank up on petrol. Should I consider reliance bunks to be as reliable in terms of Q&Q ?
I have tried only one Reliance fuel station recently, the one near Avinashi on NH544. No perceptible difference in Q&Q compared to COCO bunks, both Petrol and Diesel. On one occasion, I found the engine note a little harsh after filling diesel, though the FE was not affected.

My preference is always: (Tank up at COCO bunk / Shell) > Tank up Essar / LOA bunk > Tank up at a known reliable bunk > fill a minimum quantity to reach the nearest COCO outlet

Last edited by silversteed : 26th March 2019 at 09:57.
Old 9th April 2019, 13:35   #1301
BHPian

Guys,

Has anyone filled fuel consistently from the Essar bunk near the Hebbal flyover? What is your feedback?

Is it a franchise run bunk or company owned (that is, if at all they have any such concept?)
Old 10th April 2019, 01:26   #1302
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
... At least the Essar on Kattariguppe main road is bigger and is located on a wider road.
What's with Essar pumps in this area? There's already one next to Bimal near Hosakerehalli Cross, another one on Kathriguppe Main Road, and now a third coming up within a km or two?
Old 27th April 2019, 00:09   #1303
Senior - BHPian

Bellandur: Recently a small ESSAR petrol pump was opened near Bellandur flyover. It is located where you come out of Eco Space and take U-turn under the flyover to go towards Marathahalli. This pump comes on the service road after the U-turn.

It is a small one and no crowd, no waiting time. A very much needed one for Eco Space and neighboring travelers heading towards Marathahalli.
Old 22nd June 2019, 08:34   #1304
BHPian

Noticed a Shell outlet at 80ft Road Thipasandra, right opposite to 6th main Indiranagar. The location is good, but the current 'T' junction will soon turn into a '+' junction with vehicles from 6th Main directly accessing the outlet.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 08:56   #1305
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Noticed a Shell outlet at 80ft Road Thipasandra, right opposite to 6th main Indiranagar. The location is good, but the current 'T' junction will soon turn into a '+' junction with vehicles from 6th Main directly accessing the outlet.
There was a plot there lying vacant for several years and I was expecting a commercial building/supermarket to come up there. This could make the place even more messy due to the entry to 6th main being right opposite.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks