Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2019, 14:24   #1336
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Fuel bunk alert

I filled 200 Rs petrol in my bike from IOC bunk near BDA complex, Indiranagar on Old Madras Road. I generally don't fill at any other place than Shell or my few trusted bunks, but on Sunday bike was running low on fuel. After I filled, the bike was giving mild jerks and knocking. I had a regular service scheduled today and they found water in the fuel. I just wanted to let all of you know. I am not sure if anyone has had any experiences with this bunk. Location of the bunk.
ambujlal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 12:59   #1337
Distinguished - BHPian

The HP Bunk on JP Nagar Ring Road - City Service Station now has a puncture repair shop in it. Decent pricing too - 110 for a tubeless car tyre. My tyre had a screw embedded, and this place comes in handy.

Timing: 7.30 am to 9 pm (at least 1 hour break on Friday afternoons).

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-img_2688.jpg

Quite well equipped, including pneumatic guns to remove the nuts, the machine to pull out the tyre from the rim. He said some other similar facilities opened in other locations, either as Puncture Man or Puncture Care.

Last edited by condor : 30th December 2019 at 13:01.
condor is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 17:56   #1338
BHPian

For those in the surroundings of Chandapura there are two good pumps.
BP COCO pump on the side towards Bangalore. Personally have not filled there but heard the fuel quality is good.

https://goo.gl/maps/exBPS4RoKtrwhUkr5

And the Nayara pump (Formerly Essar Oil) towards Hosur, right after a shell outlet. I filled up here and the fuel quality is pretty good.

https://goo.gl/maps/qn7mRNsEHUuguj4c7
shady is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 16:17   #1339
BHPian

Had been fueling up from BP COCO chandapura & HP COCO Old airport road for my xpulse. So thought i shall give a try with shell normal and filled up from Shell on Varthur-Sarjapur road.

https://goo.gl/maps/rW2NpV3XL2DuxzWF7

The difference in the fuel quality was noticeable.The engine was extremely vibey although it felt like the engine was a bit more peppy. Definitely not going back there. Will stick to the COCOs and alternate between them.
shady is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 17:04   #1340
Senior - BHPian

2 new outlets have sprung on Hosur road towards Madiwala at Kudlu gate. The Shell outlet is opposite the Ford showroom and an IOC a few meters away. The IOC is a 24 hr outlet.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 08:31   #1341
Distinguished - BHPian

New Shell bunk coming up in JP Nagar 7th Phase, near Elita Promenade:

https://goo.gl/maps/eLX1rBVhBfLMDPJQ9
Old 17th March 2020, 16:11   #1342
BHPian

Can someone post a list of all the pumps in Bengaluru that supply high octane fuel?
Old 23rd March 2020, 09:56   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Can someone post a list of all the pumps in Bengaluru that supply high octane fuel?
I don't have a list. For high octane fuel, I visit the HP bunk next to the wind tunnel road junction. The location is here. The quality of fuel and behavior of the staff is very nice at this bunk. It is company operated.
ambujlal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 10:08   #1344
Senior - BHPian

A new shell opening up on ORR. Between Croma and Royal Oak on Panathur underpass service road.

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-20201022_090449.jpg

Not sure what is with the other two Shell on ORR, one at Doddanekundi and Bellandur. Both are closed at the moment.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 19:52   #1345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Not sure what is with the other two Shell on ORR, one at Doddanekundi and Bellandur. Both are closed at the moment.
Wasn't aware of Doddanekundi shell also closed. Bellandur one, next to Citrus is closed for some maintenance. Can see some work going on near the location where underground tank used to be.

Which this Kadubeesinahalli Shell, there will be 4 shell bunks in a distance of around 6 KMs I guess.
Old 23rd October 2020, 22:06   #1346
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Doddanekundi one also is out of service for quite some time now. Seeing these Shell pumps close like this every now and then for maintenance or some reason, whereas the others (HP, BP etc), doesn't do such sort of things.

Yes, now 4 Shell on ORR if all these opens up.
Old 7th December 2020, 19:09   #1347
Senior - BHPian

Caught a BP petrol bunk attendant, cheating, red handed today. That too an age old and trusted one at Jayanagar 4th Block, opposite Venkateshwara Sweets. I normally fill diesel when I lose one block (Out of six) in the fuel meter, and that comes to Rs. 1100. Of late it had been wavering madly on my fuelio app, and last time I did ask them to take out the measure and check if it is indeed dispensing a true litre. It did. Today I caught them at their game. First they ensure you park your vehicle where you really have to struggle to see the meter. Then they ask you to see Zero, and start filling. Once done, they are in a hurry to make sure you move your car further so the one behind you can take the spot. It's at this time they charge whatever to your card. So he charged me Rs 1999, and I immediately got down and asked for machine bill. He fumbled, gave me all sorts of excuses to not to produce that, but I did not budge. Finally he got the print out, and it was for Rs 1199. So he has actually swiped for Rs 800 more, (which he refunded in cash). I let him go with a warning. Always ask for the machine bill guys. There is no such thing as trust anymore.
Sebring is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 13:55   #1348
Senior - BHPian

There is a new Shell Petrol bunk at Puttenahalli, RBI Layout - JP Nagar Bangalore and I put only Shell Power. Today I topped up and the engine lost smoothness and turned rough (This is the feel normal petrol gives). When I called customer service (Mr Pradeep in Chennai) they're asking me to speak to the bunk manager, Suhas. It's like asking a thief to clarify. Shell doesn't have any mechanism to process/demonstrate that POWER is indeed different that their regular fuel. I'd raised this before as well, and they just shrugged it off. As a consumer, should I take half a bottle of this petrol and send it to a lab? Will Shell have a lab to catch cheating franchisees? Whats the process! This is a loophole, and a big question mark

Last edited by Sebring : 12th December 2020 at 13:56.
Old 18th December 2020, 15:28   #1349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
So he has actually swiped for Rs 800 more, (which he refunded in cash). I let him go with a warning. Always ask for the machine bill guys. There is no such thing as trust anymore.
If I were in your place I'd have raised chaos there, I would've called every personnel to the center of the bunk and screamed "kallaroo" in their language, I did catch one doing a sudden "trip" and fuel "restart", and I was right next to him keeping an eagle eye on the meter, the minute it stopped and he restarted I caught him by his collar and dragged him away like he was a rag-doll, and I said I'm not paying for this, your game has been exposed, others did come to his aid and to defend him and I let him go, though I could've handled all of them with ease if I had to. The meter had come to 600 odd, I paid 600 and told them either call the manager and explain why this tripped or take this and get out of my way.. they moved and how.

Tips for filling fuel in Bangalore safely :

# Cash ONLY, round it up before filling.
# Always get out and monitor the meter.
# Do not succumb to their pressure tactics, push them out of the way and sort out your fill first.
# Shell does mischief with V-Power for sure, that's why I stopped putting it.
# Thumb rule - ALL BP AND HP are liars, thieves and cheaters like everything else owned by the government, be on high alert.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 15:50   #1350
Senior - BHPian

Word is 'Kalla' Some good suggestions there bro. Fraud is in all bunks now. Reflects the tough times I guess. But didn't get this; Why 'cash only', and never card?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Tips for filling fuel in Bangalore safely : # Cash ONLY, round it up before filling

Last edited by Sebring : 18th December 2020 at 15:51.

Most Viewed