Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2020, 16:20   #1351
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Word is 'Kalla' Reflects the tough times I guess. But didn't get this; Why 'cash only', and never card?
Kalla implies singular, I wouldn't jump to such a hasty conclusion in a place where fuel dispensed and money received are recorded in computer, in such a case the attendant and all other attendants are hand in hand with the owner and if COCO, it'll go all the way to Central Govt.. hence the plurality ' ellaru kallaru' short for kallarugalu.

About cash, I make ALL payments by cash only, no fraud possible, they cant enter three zeros to one thousand and rob us of 10 lakhs. I even wait for 1 re change at all places, that's how I am, I'm not a miser, I rather save thousands and do some worthy deed elsewhere than let it go to worthless institutions.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 16:37   #1352
BHPian

Cash or card payments could be an individual preference, depending on their personal convenience and comfort levels.

Even more fool proof and convenient is the HP refuel app (of course, at HP bunks). So if you are a regular at HP, this app is super cool with payback points that can be redeemed.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_IN&gl=US
Old 18th December 2020, 16:41   #1353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Caught a BP petrol bunk attendant, cheating, red handed today. That too an age old and trusted one at Jayanagar 4th Block, opposite Venkateshwara Sweets. .
That bunk is quite new. May be a year old.

Btw, have you tried Essar near RV Dental college - the one next to 24th main hotel ? Essar bunks look fine, but my vehicle does not like it.
Old 18th December 2020, 19:34   #1354
Senior - BHPian

Yes, tried that. Essar fuel is smooth no doubt. But I miss the torque (Vehicle doesnt like it). BP is fine on my car. And IOC for NTORQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Btw, have you tried Essar near RV Dental college - the one next to 24th main hotel ? Essar bunks look fine, but my vehicle does not like it.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 20:43   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
It's at this time they charge whatever to your card. So he charged me Rs 1999, and I immediately got down and asked for machine bill. He fumbled, gave me all sorts of excuses to not to produce that, but I did not budge. Finally he got the print out, and it was for Rs 1199. So he has actually swiped for Rs 800 more
Is your card NFC enabled? I'm assuming this is the case since it only allows amount less than Rs. 2000 and you're not required to enter a pin.
Old 6th February 2021, 21:08   #1356
BHPian

I always fill at Shell Ganganagar, Bellary road. Haven't had any issues. But this thread seems to say, we cant trust anyone blindly. Any feedback on this outlet?
Lets say, we can ask for machine bill, and keep any eye on reset (zero). Can they still cheat you?. ( I am talking about shell outlets only)
Old 17th April 2021, 18:01   #1357
BHPian

Hello all,
Need some inputs on COCO pumps on the airport road and I stay near Sahakarnagar now hence would like to know to some good petrol pumps in and around my house

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 18th April 2021, 09:21   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
Hi dreamseller,
Please try the Bpcl bunk in Arekere after the signal on the right side when traveling towards Meenakshi Mall. They are good and have not had any complaints. I know them too and in case you have any issues then PM me and I can help you. Even better, if you want to regularly fill there and is convenient then let me know, I can put in a word. Hope it helps. Cheers
I have been filling up diesel here the last few times, no bad experiences so far. Running and FE seem comparable to shell I used earlier. I got a little bit of suspicion though, not sure it is due to fuel, two injectors of my Vento TDI gone bad during this period, almost over a year's time. It is unreasonable to blame them without knowing the cause of failures, might just have been coincidence. I had one suspect injector known at the time of vehicle purchase anyways.
sreenivass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 11:39   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Yes, Doddanekundi one also is out of service for quite some time now.
Quoting my own post.

The Doddanekundi shell is permanently closed. I was planning to fill petrol from there the other day but couldn't locate. I thought I missed seeing it and took U turn to come back again but saw it is fully demolished. No idea why, probably a take over of the land by real estate.
Old 19th April 2021, 06:28   #1360
Senior - BHPian

I have been frequenting the COCO HP pump opposite Bagmane tech park DRDO, CV Raman Nagar. The quality and quantity of fuel dispensed is satisfactory. Attendants are cleanly dressed (adds to the happy factor) and polite. Additional facilities are Nitrogen, oil change, ATM, and PUC.
Their air pressure gauge is accurate as far as I can tell as it matches the pressure shown on my TPMS
Old 19th April 2021, 10:59   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, I had been to the Shell bunk in Lingarajapuram to fill petrol.

I knew petrol in other bunks like IOC and HP is around the 94 rupees mark and Shell should be around 96.
I asked for ten liters and the reading showed 96 change per liter and I gave the go ahead. A funny thing happened that when the attendant started pumping, the price per liter on the pump changed to 99.90/- . When I asked her about it, she said the previous price displayed was for V-Power diesel. When I checked the IOC price per litre, it was almost 6/- less.
Why is there a 6 rupee different between Shell and IOC? I usually don't fill from Shell, but for this car, I do and it is usually for 10 liters each time.

When prices are already sky high for petrol, Shell still continues to keep their prices much higher.
Old 19th April 2021, 11:28   #1362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
A funny thing happened that when the attendant started pumping, the price per liter on the pump changed to 99.90/- . When I asked her about it, she said the previous price displayed was for V-Power diesel. .
even if a pumping unit has two nozzles, there must be separate displays for each nozzle. The nozzles normally lead to separate tanks. And that pumping unit can hence supply both petrol & diesel - but from separate nozzles.

From what you are saying, the same display unit is serving both petrol and V-Power diesel ? Cant be.
Old 19th April 2021, 11:41   #1363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
From what you are saying, the same display unit is serving both petrol and V-Power diesel ? Cant be.
I think that's how Shell's are. Each pumping unit has 8 nozzles - 4 on each side, and 2 displays - 1 on each side. The 4 nozzles are 2 each of petrol and diesel (regular and V-power).

The thing about Shell is that if you don't clearly and specifically inform them otherwise, they default to the more expensive V-power.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 13:07   #1364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I think that's how Shell's are. Each pumping unit has 8 nozzles - 4 on each side, and 2 displays - 1 on each side.
Ah ok. I dont go to Shell unless I dont have much choice (Like when travelling and getting low on fuel). I stick to Reliance as much as possible, or good old IOCL.

Your point about the defaulting to Premium looks a programmed approach to slyly make people pay for the premium fuels. It should have ideally defaulted to none and then set to requested/specified fuel type.
Old 19th April 2021, 13:08   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
I always fill at Shell Ganganagar, Bellary road. ... Any feedback on this outlet?
... Can they still cheat you?. ( I am talking about shell outlets only)
I haven't been cheated at this outlet any time. I use it for petrol regularly. I used to fill diesel here too, but about 2.5 years back, my car started misfiring (don't know whether it was misfire or something else, car would make noises like choking and die within a min)occassionally when filled here. I experimented with multiple fillings. Only Shell diesel resulted in this issue. No issues with other pumps at all. My go to in this area for diesel is the one near Manyata. Although they seem to be having some issues the last time I went there - very few vehicles, and other facilities (air, PUC) were closed.
the_joker is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed