Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2021, 14:28   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Ah ok. I dont go to Shell unless I dont have much choice (Like when travelling and getting low on fuel). I stick to Reliance as much as possible, or good old IOCL.

Your point about the defaulting to Premium looks a programmed approach to slyly make people pay for the premium fuels. It should have ideally defaulted to none and then set to requested/specified fuel type.
It was actually the cost of unleaded petrol itself, not premium. I checked on the Shell website and it is 99.90/-. What I was wondering was, why the huge difference of almost 6/- between IOC and Shell?
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 13:07   #1367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuraj View Post
Hello all,
Need some inputs on COCO pumps on the airport road and I stay near Sahakarnagar now hence would like to know to some good petrol pumps in and around my house

Thanks a lot in advance.
You can try Nagpal's garage near Baptist hospital. Nagpal's has been around for ages and a reputed pump. Earlier they were in Residency road, now shifted to this location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I knew petrol in other bunks like IOC and HP is around the 94 rupees mark and Shell should be around 96.
I asked for ten liters and the reading showed 96 change per liter and I gave the go ahead. A funny thing happened that when the attendant started pumping, the price per liter on the pump changed to 99.90/- .

When prices are already sky high for petrol, Shell still continues to keep their prices much higher.
Thanks for the info. I generally fill up at Shell and didn't realize there is this big of a difference in the price.
Old 22nd April 2021, 18:53   #1368
Senior - BHPian

I have been filling at Shell, Gottigere for almost more than a decade. Went to fill there last weekend and saw that it was closed with wooden planks blocking the entry and exit. Not sure if it's permanently closed or for some renovation purpose. I felt that this pump was pretty trustworthy as no one has ever tried to play any tricks all these years. I will be indeed sad if they have closed down permanently.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 19:14   #1369
BHPian

If you live near Meenakshi/ Hulimavu, there is one at the Y-fork from Hulimavu towards Akshaya Nagar. I filled there a few times, my earlier one was gottigere too. These days I fill at Arekere BP.

Gottigere guys closed once or twice a couple of years ago too, do not know what for.

Last edited by sreenivass : 22nd April 2021 at 19:17.
sreenivass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 19:26   #1370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I have been filling at Shell, Gottigere ... was closed with wooden planks blocking the entry and exit. Not sure if it's permanently closed or for some renovation purpose. .
Would be for some renovation or re-structuring. The same was done at the JP Nagar Ring Road outlet at 6th Phase. So should be fine.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 07:56   #1371
Senior - BHPian

This is the guy who dished out normal petrol to me in the name of POWER. I had raised a complaint, and Shell investigated the matter. Since then I had no issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I have been filling at Shell, Gottigere for almost more than a decade. Went to fill there last weekend and saw that it was closed with wooden planks blocking the entry and exit. Not sure if it's permanently closed or for some renovation purpose. I felt that this pump was pretty trustworthy as no one has ever tried to play any tricks all these years. I will be indeed sad if they have closed down permanently.
Old 23rd April 2021, 15:21   #1372
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Shell has taken up some renovation in many older bunks. After the work on the JP nagar 6th phase bunk (ring road), Today I noticed that the one on Kanakapura Road not far from the NICE road junction is also undergoing some work. Since I dont fill at Shell, I havenot asked.
Old 23rd April 2021, 18:35   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Looks like Shell has taken up some renovation in many older bunks. After the work on the JP nagar 6th phase bunk (ring road), Today I noticed that the one on Kanakapura Road not far from the NICE road junction is also undergoing some work. Since I dont fill at Shell, I havenot asked.
Hey Condor, you're right. The renovated ones have a bigger Shell Select Store and a larger place for Oil changes. I have seen this in the Lingarajpuram outlet as well as the one on the way to Whitefield.
Sreesh1009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 21:25   #1374
BHPian

Does any one know a COCO near Meenakshi, Hulimavu locality? Presently I make do with BP which seems good so far, looking for a better option. I would not be interested in Shell so much, probably prefer BP and HP COCO Diesel. I can go up to 5 KMs from Meenakshi Temple on BG Road.
Old 23rd April 2021, 22:21   #1375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
Does any one know a COCO near Meenakshi, Hulimavu locality? ...I can go up to 5 KMs from Meenakshi Temple on BG Road.
Your nearest COCO would be the IOCL at BTM Layout close to the upcoming BTM layout Metro station. Next closest is BP on Bannerghatta Road, after Jayadeva.

Alternately, I think there is an Essar Bunk not far from the Shell you mentioned.

There is a new BP bunk behind Brand Factory - on that wide road that goes towards the lake. (if you are going from JD mara signal, after Brand factory, take left on that wide road.) But not sure if it is a COCO.

Not aware of any other COCO bunks in the area.

Last edited by condor : 23rd April 2021 at 22:27.
Old 24th April 2021, 07:48   #1376
Senior - BHPian

The most trusted Cauvery Petrol Bunk (From lalbagh) opened another bunk on JP Nagar Main Road, little further from Essar. This road is parallel to Meenakshi temple (Just backside). I dont know if its COCO, but they're really good for BP
Quote:
Does any one know a COCO near Meenakshi, Hulimavu locality? Presently I make do with BP which seems good so far, looking for a better option. I would not be interested in Shell so much, probably prefer BP and HP COCO Diesel. I can go up to 5 KMs from Meenakshi Temple on BG Road.
Old 24th April 2021, 08:00   #1377
BHPian

Thank you Condor and Sebring. I will try one of these when time permits.
Old 24th April 2021, 08:29   #1378
BHPian

Experiences at Essar, Hebbal
Circa 2017: We were heading to Hyderabad in our 2010 i20 ASTA Petrol. We filled up fuel at Essar, which comes after the VW showroom under the Hebbal bridge. That one full tank of petrol lasted us till our destination i.e Domalguda. Our car had never given us such mileage ever! We usually would fill up once 100 kms before Hyderabad but this time we didn't have to!

Circa 2019: Me and my sister were heading towards the Airport to pickup our parents in our 2014 Honda Amaze VX AT (Torque Convertor unit). Filled up at the Essar bunk and hit the highway. We started noticing a 17 kmpl mileage
From Day 1 the highest mileage we've eeked out is 13 kmpl. We were pleasantly surprised to see such mileage figures!

Now I'm not sure if these were just luck or there is something else at play here. We usually fill up at this pump when we're leaving for a long trip and the quality of petrol has never disappointed.
Old 24th April 2021, 09:39   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can try the Essar pump which touches the Hiranandani apartments before Akshay nagar. Its probably less than 2 km from Meenakshi Mall. I have filled from them, no problems in quantity/ quality. Their prices are at par wth IOCL. Shell is 6-7 Rs. more.
Old 24th April 2021, 09:54   #1380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
.. Cauvery Petrol Bunk (From lalbagh) opened another bunk on JP Nagar Main Road, little further from Essar. ...
Sebring, location please. JP nagar has many main roads across the 9km that it stretches across

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks