Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2022, 18:42   #1411
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post
Thinking may be I am not up to date on the fuel pricing (with inflation around everywhere etc), ...
Quite obviously out of touch on this topic

Do check the other threads on fuel pricing. It has been so for some time now. Even without this, I didnt find the need to go to shell - both from pricing perspective and observations.

Like the currently popular response to that question: You are Shell-shocked
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 18:43   #1412
bht
BHPian

Quote:
I guess I now need to switch to PSU ones and so I tried finding a COCO bunk one near Bellandur, Marathalli, Sarjapur junction area but couldn't find one.

Any recommendations for a good PSU bunk around my area ? I am ok to travel even 5-10 Kms to go to a reputed PSU bunk as I fill only after 2 months. Thanks in advance.
might be slightly farther from the areas you mentioned, but i have been using IOCL COCO pump near HP office on whitefield main road and never had problems. (plus code: XMXQ+F6 Bengaluru, Karnataka )

https://goo.gl/maps/2kfHxxVZEKWqpJ6r6
bht is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 18:19   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Bhpians,

I went to Shell Bellandur today and was surprised (almost shocked) that diesel rate is Rs 126/ltr and V-power diesel is Rs 129. I thought they are telling me the petrol rates
just today, the diesel price difference between Shell and others in Bangalore is about 40rs/litre. Don't understand why they had it so high. I came back without filling. Something is wrong with them(?)
Old 13th July 2022, 18:36   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger747 View Post
just today, the diesel price difference between Shell and others in Bangalore is about 40rs/litre. Don't understand why they had it so high. I came back without filling. Something is wrong with them(?)
I guess classic case of government sharing / subsidising the cost for PSU (private vs public producer) and government sharing the burden. Shell bunks will find it difficult to survive if this continues for long. As I have been a regular Shell user (mainly because of the quantity assurance), I don't want Shell to pack up because of this price difference. Hopefully crude prices will come down and this will get sorted out soon.
Old 13th July 2022, 22:38   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendations for a good PSU bunk around my area ? I am ok to travel even 5-10 Kms to go to a reputed PSU bunk as I fill only after 2 months. Thanks in advance.

There's another IOCL COCO on the opposite side of the road which @bht mentioned https://g.page/iocl---coco-kr-puram-2?share
shady is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 11:59   #1416
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

New (perhaps old)Scam Alert

I stay on Hosur Road beyond Silk Board. I have noticed that in the last 3-4 instances of filling up petrol, the attendants pull out the premium petrol pipe and insert it into the tank and try to start the process ASAP before you can notice. Fortunately I have the habit of getting down from the car or off the bike before they start filling up petrol and have been able to change from premium to regular. This, I have noticed has happened all the instances in the last month or so. Was not so since the 2 petrol pumps in my vicinity have been my regular pumps for the past 4 years. Is this happening else where in the city as well?
ShreyG is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 13:11   #1417
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreyG View Post

I stay on Hosur Road beyond Silk Board. I have noticed that in the last 3-4 instances of filling up petrol, the attendants pull out the premium petrol pipe and insert it into the tank and try to start the process ASAP before you can notice.
You mean they force premium on unsuspecting customers? This is interesting and should be fun to see how Bangaloreans react to it
Old 15th December 2022, 10:29   #1418
BHPian

Quote:

I stay on Hosur Road beyond Silk Board. I have noticed that in the last 3-4 instances of filling up petrol, the attendants pull out the premium petrol pipe and insert it into the tank and try to start the process ASAP before you can notice. Fortunately I have the habit of getting down from the car or off the bike before they start filling up petrol and have been able to change from premium to regular. This, I have noticed has happened all the instances in the last month or so. Was not so since the 2 petrol pumps in my vicinity have been my regular pumps for the past 4 years. Is this happening else where in the city as well?
That's interesting! I stay on Hosa road, off Hosur road and haven't come across this yet. Could you please share which specific pumps have you experienced this?
Old 15th December 2022, 13:35   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
That's interesting! I stay on Hosa road, off Hosur road and haven't come across this yet. Could you please share which specific pumps have you experienced this?
So this is the Indian Oil petrol pump before More hypermarket. This was my regular previously, but now go to the IOCL on 19th Main in HSR layout or the one at the end of 19th Main next to ORR. Business as usual there.
ShreyG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 15:59   #1420
RRM
BHPian

Quote:

I stay on Hosur Road beyond Silk Board. I have noticed that in the last 3-4 instances of filling up petrol, the attendants pull out the premium petrol pipe and insert it into the tank and try to start the process ASAP before you can notice. Is this happening else where in the city as well?
Different theme in different places. There is no dearth of pulling out different ideas to fool customers. My wife went to fill petrol in 2w at a pump near Kudlu gate and was told that there is no stock of regular petrol (while there was no issues reported in general) and hence had to fill the premium. This happened couple of times and when she told me about it I stopped her from going to that pump explaining the idea behind asking to fill the premium vs regular.

The idea is to make customers to fill the premium fuel just to increase the sales and commission!

Later got to know that someone had objected to such practice in the pump of filling the premium one instead of regular under the pretext of "no stock"

The pump in question is - hosa road - birla circle (reliance) - take right (to kudlu) - go straight - cross KYCA - cross Maruti ASS (Pratham) - on the left right on a T junction

Last edited by RRM : 21st December 2022 at 16:04.
Old 21st December 2022, 16:00   #1421
BHPian

For petrol, COCO Indian Oil bunks will almost always have a special queue with less waiting time if you are ready to put the premium version.

For diesel, I recently experienced at COCO Indian Oil in HMT Area that they have a new 'Green' Diesel that they try to coax you into buying.

The first time I was offered Green Diesel, I told them not to mock me for driving a VAG diesel engine. I wish there was a bhpian there to get the joke

The second time, I dumbed it down and just told them that green won't go well with the colour of my car. That made them laugh
anshumandun is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 17:14   #1422
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

In the Indian oil outlet where I go to put Xp 95 for my highness, they offer Rs. 20 worth extra fuel if you fill for Rs. 1000.They don't force you to get the premium stuff
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 21:22   #1423
Distinguished - BHPian

The IOC bunk in JP Nagar 2nd Phase not far from the Raghavendra Math signal looks good. Both my wife & I have been using it for petrol & diesel, and experience has been better than with fuel from most other bunks.

The only drawback is the space in the bunk and the location of air pump.

Last edited by condor : 21st December 2022 at 21:23.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 22:45   #1424
Distinguished - BHPian

This new IOC dispenser is confusing, it has promotional videos playing.

While I was filling normal diesel, it was showing a video of XP100. With the display as in below pic, I thought they were filing from wrong nozzle.

The reading is displayed in smaller black backlight screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-pxl_20221120_024653422.jpg  

mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 02:56   #1425
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I use IOCL XP 95 for my Cooper and fill up usually at the top end of 19th Main Road HSR near that Kanti Sweets and all. Private Petrol pump. I have met the lady owner several times - she usually comes there for some time every morning and takes an interest in the workings of the business and the customers.
I also use the BPCL pump at the bottomf 27th Main road, for my Thar and Gypsy since these use regular petrol. Here also I ve met the owner several times. He also visits and takes interest in the business and customers.
I would love to use the big IOCL near the bottom of 19th main road and buy XP100 but it is very expensive at Rs 160 per litre.
I find it inconvenient to use the HP pump near BDA nowadays. It is usually crowded. And the approach is best from the Agara side and I invariably get caught in traffic there and forget all about filling up at that time.
But all of these pumps are decent and trustworthy. They don’t short change us and nor do they serve sub standard fuel.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 17th January 2023 at 02:57.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks