Recommended 17 53.13%
Average 9 28.13%
Not recommended 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2012, 09:50   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium

Finally took the Santro to Sai last weekend. It was showing its age badly, add few nasty dents thanks to a learning driver. Following were done:
  1. Front and Rear bumper paint, front bumper had a dent also
  2. Left side running board dent repair and paint
  3. Rear right door dent and paint
  4. Full polish
  5. Fix rear door strip

Got delivery yesterday and i am super happy! The car looks like its just come out of showroom. Today morning gave it to Trident for service and the SA was impressed and wanted to know where the job was done.

Few quick snaps from mobile for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-photo-1.jpg  

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-photo-2.jpg  

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-photo-3.jpg  

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-photo-4.jpg  

Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 10:57   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Finally took the Santro to Sai last weekend. It was showing its age badly, add few nasty dents thanks to a learning driver. Following were done:
  1. Front and Rear bumper paint, front bumper had a dent also
  2. Left side running board dent repair and paint
  3. Rear right door dent and paint
  4. Full polish
  5. Fix rear door strip
Got delivery yesterday and i am super happy! The car looks like its just come out of showroom. Today morning gave it to Trident for service and the SA was impressed and wanted to know where the job was done.

Few quick snaps from mobile for now.
Hey Jaggu,

You've maintained the Santro in great shape . Looks like Samurai-san also took good care!

BTW, what was the dent on your wallet for all the above? My fusion requires similar work. Also, there is a crack on the front bumper. Replacing the bumper is a big no-no (16-20K). I was wondering if it could be fixed too by the Sai guys along with the paint job for probably a lesser sum.

Awaiting your inputs!

Cheers,
Abhi
Old 13th June 2012, 11:11   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.kedlaya View Post
Hey Jaggu,

You've maintained the Santro in great shape . Looks like Samurai-san also took good care!

BTW, what was the dent on your wallet for all the above?
Actually no, this is the first time Santro is getting my kinda treatment. I had purposely neglected it since it would be in the hands of a New B driver. That phase is over hopefully and hence the rejuvenation.

For you to estimate- Bumpers 3k per piece, Doors 3.5k and Running Board 2k. These are ~ the current rates. Detailed price list is posted in the previous page. May not be as cheap as before, still worth it. They mentioned that this was unavoidable since the material prices have been going up consistently.

These guys are body shop experts, so should be able to repair the bumper for you.

EDIT: Samurai reminded me its going to be 9 years for Santro soon! Not bad i say.

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th June 2012 at 11:29.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 18:20   #94
BHPian

Hi, any idea if they do touchups ?

about 2-3 inches of the rear bumper on the left side ( near the left passenger door) needs touch up due to some deep scratches ( slight brush against a pillar while parking ). No damage to the bumper though..

Couple of places I called, will do the complete bumper only and no touch ups!
I think 3-4K is to steep for such a small job. I live in RR Nagar, these people are the closest.

Also, since its a small touch up, I dont know if I cant try some cowboy car paint garage nearyby.
Old 19th June 2012, 10:07   #95
Senior - BHPian

Do they have tie up with insurance companies? I would like to claim insurance for repairing my rear quarter panel as I have already claimed insurance and lost no claim bonus. My insurance is with Bajaj Allianz.
Old 19th June 2012, 12:25   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins
Do they have tie up with insurance companies? I would like to claim insurance for repairing my rear quarter panel as I have already claimed insurance and lost no claim bonus. My insurance is with Bajaj Allianz.
No they don't have tie up. You have initiate the claim and get tie claim amount later.
Old 19th June 2012, 15:28   #97
BHPian

Visited them again yesterday to get my front bumper fixed. A cowboy hit my car while reversing his brand new Swift. Luckily, the Punto bumpers are very flexible and absorbed the impact. The number plate broke and the jagged edges of the broken pieces injured the bumper. The panel alignment also went off. These guys are near my home and more importantly, they are willing to do part painting of the panels. Mr. Anant offered me two solutions - Either do some local repairing and painting job at the damaged area which will anyway be behind the number plate. But then we saw some crack lines on the top edge of the bumper because the bumper may have flexed to its limit. So the other option was take off the bumper, repair all the cracks and damaged areas, and do the panel alignment properly - I chose the second option and cost me Rs.2000/- (including half bumper painting). Plus Rs.150/- for number plate and Rs.200/- for washing. Got the car now and I must say it's a perfect job.

Mr Khan was somewhat upset with the mixed review I had put up in an earlier post on this thread. Said teambhp feedback has a good deal of impact on business. Glad to know that they are taking feedback seriously. I would be worried if they didn't. This time the car was cleaned up properly, the swiping machine was working (though I had the cash with me). They did ask me to show what was left undone the previous time. I showed them some things which I remembered, but I was not interested in these now. My main concern was the front bumper repair. They have now become very particular about any preexisting dents and scratches and are meticulously noting them down on the job card. Mr. Khan, infact called me up to tell me about one "minor dent" on the bonnet which he had missed. I did remember there was one of those "barely noticeable" dents on the bonnet, so told him not to worry. Mr. Anant immediately recognized me when I told him about the tail gate dent incident that happened last time, although I had not met him personally before.

As for the Swift Guy, he agreed to his mistake and reluctantly agreed to foot the bill (although he was pressing me to claim insurance). Just now called him up and he asked for my a/c number. Hopefully he will pay me. Unfortunately for him, his rear bumper got split open horizontally, most probably by the impact with the front grill of the Punto.

Last edited by sourav21 : 19th June 2012 at 15:37. Reason: Mixed the names of the two proprietor brothers :-)
Old 20th June 2012, 19:41   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
Hi, any idea if they do touchups ?

about 2-3 inches of the rear bumper on the left side ( near the left passenger door) needs touch up due to some deep scratches ( slight brush against a pillar while parking ). No damage to the bumper though..

Sai is usually ready to paint 1/2 or 1/3 (or maybe 1/4) the bumper. The match is very good (I should know, have such a job pending after an idiot rammed into my car from behind left at a red light signal).
That may cost about 1000 bucks. I don't think a touchup as in brush touchup looks good. And since its not a metal part, it has no "anti-rust" benefits.

@sourav21, looks like they did a much better job on your car this time around! You should have told Khan that you'll put in the review as you see it, and that is what team-bhp is about. If they do better, you'll write better - if they do worse, so will you write :-)

@Jaggu, that looks one pristine Santro. My Lancer is also 9+ years now, always feels good to see a well maintained car :-)

BTW, how was the load in the Sai workshop when you guys visited ? My last visit, they were only 2/3rd full (or maybe 3/5th) and I was wondering if it was partly due to the price hikes ?

Last edited by lancer_rit : 20th June 2012 at 19:46.
Old 13th July 2012, 23:19   #99
Team-BHP Support

Finally found some time to get the Santro pics transfered After the 9 year treatment and coat of Meguiar's from my side.
Attached Thumbnails
Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-santro1.jpg  

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-santro3.jpg  

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-santro4.jpg  

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-santro5.jpg  

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-santro6.jpg  

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-santro7.jpg  

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-santro8.jpg  

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-santro9.jpg  

Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 12:06   #100
Senior - BHPian

@Jaggu, that looks simply wow :-)

I had got my car's dent and bumper damage fixed. Costed a good bit though I got 'old customer' consideration ... Job done was very good. Need to click some pictures after the paint job (unluckily there's minor scrape from a flower pot while trying to park in a tight spot :-( will probably put a tbhp sticker there..)

They also fixed bumper rattling issue from previous job they had done (one bumper clip was damaged earlier). Seems to be holding fine, knock on wood.

One thing that has become really difficult is to get through to Ananth himself. His mobile is always off, and if you call landline, 4 times out of 5, you don't find him there etc. Quite different from the situation 2 years back. If its difficult for me to get through, I guess newbies don't have a chance ? On the other hand, one can easily reach Khan, Srinivas etc ...
lancer_rit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 20:27   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quality going down?

A couple of months ago in June , i had given my car for painting of rear hatch,rear bumper and front half bumper.

First thing- They messed up the paint matching on the front bumper. They had matched the paint for the rear hatch and rear bumper and used the same paint up front which led to a horrible mismatch since the front bumper was slightly black toned.They argued its a dealer defect who has repainted it before delivery!!.But i was there at the dealership since the time the car was unloaded from the truck to the delivery. They refused to accept it initially but after some talk with Bharath they agreed to "merge" the paint on the front bumper. Though the outcome was not near to 100% i had to take the car since i had left there for a week.

Second thing- Lack of proper masking. My car has paint oversprays on bonnet, ALL the doors and the running board. The running board is especially visible as a dull white covering.Also the other part of the front bumper which was not painted has oversprays of primer ! THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Third thing-No clearcoat on places that are not visible to eyes-Eg the underside of the rear bumper where number plate lights are fixed. I could feel the rough surface running my palm over it! Same for the bottom part of front half bumper that was painted

Fourth thing- The "Half bumper" repaint theory where in they dont actually do the half bumper and do only 1/3rd of it! They had no explanation for this when i asked!
Old 2nd September 2012, 21:42   #102
Senior - BHPian

Had taken my friends' Hyundai Getz to Sai Colorium for body repair. He had damaged the side, below the door after his car brushed against a stone when he took a turn. The guys at the workshop did a good work. Colour matching was perfect when viewed, but the finish was a bit rough when felt. Also the delivery was prompt as promised. Would definitely recommend.
Old 3rd September 2012, 09:34   #103
BHPian

That santro looks good. Anybody know of a similar place in Delhi/ggn. Even I want my bumpers painted and a lot of nicks and scratches sorted out on my 8 year old santro. Thanks.
Old 4th September 2012, 17:58   #104
Senior - BHPian

Re: Quality going down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
A couple of months ago in June , i had given my car for painting of rear hatch,rear bumper and front half bumper.

First thing- They messed up the paint matching on the front bumper.
@sagarpadaki, that's sad to hear. Did you discuss with Ananth about the shortcomings ? Maybe you can post some pictures here ? As Jaggu said, now their prices are matching A.S.S. like Suraksha, the expectation should be higher not lower!

Quote:
Fourth thing- The "Half bumper" repaint theory where in they dont actually do the half bumper and do only 1/3rd of it! They had no explanation for this when i asked!
I didn't quite get this point. Do you mean they told you they'll paint half the bumper and painted 1/3rd of it ? In general, the plastic bumper painting does not need to be 1/2 bumper or full bumper - depends on the scraped area ...
Old 4th September 2012, 19:27   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit
@sagarpadaki, that's sad to hear. Did you discuss with Ananth about the shortcomings ? Maybe you can post some pictures here ? As Jaggu said, now their prices are matching A.S.S. like Suraksha, the expectation should be higher not lower!

I didn't quite get this point. Do you mean they told you they'll paint half the bumper and painted 1/3rd of it ? In general, the plastic bumper painting does not need to be 1/2 bumper or full bumper - depends on the scraped area ...
Can't post the pics because the imperfection can not be captured in photograph.

See there were scratches on the complete lower part of front bumper which are not visible to eyes. These are caused due to scraping the ramps and speed breakers. So ideally half bumper paint should have covered all those scratches till the half part right? Also of the one third part they have painted , no clear coat has been applied no the lower portion which is not visible to eyes

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 4th September 2012 at 19:29.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks