Recommended 17 53.13%
Average 9 28.13%
Not recommended 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2013, 22:52   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium

I got a paint job done from Sai Colorium and I must say they have done a splendid job in ensuring a smooth finish and removing imperfections on the painted panels.
I would highly recommend them to anyone !

Last edited by for_cars1 : 9th February 2013 at 22:54.
Old 10th February 2013, 14:58   #122
BHPian

I had very good experience with the overcoating done for my 9 year old palio D. Most old palios have this problem of developing white patches on the roof and bonnet and mine had developed many of these. My Palio also had several small dents and one major dent.

After reading good reviews at team BHP I went to Sai Colorium. Initially I thought of getting several panels repainted and the estimate for that came to 17K for repainting and removal of dents. I suspected that car may not look good as several panels would be newly painted and few would remain old.

Mr Narayan also suggested me to get complete overcoat done and gave an estimate of 28k + additonal cost for denting work. I negotiated with him to add the denting work and also to paint the door handles and side mirrors in the same cost. I dropped the car on 23rd Jan was promised delivery on 5th Feb.

I went once to check the work on 26th Jan. At that time I was Mr Narayan told me that car will be delivered on 29th Jan itself. Another incident happened in between, I was going to Sai to make partial payment on 28th as suggested by Mr Narayan, I got a call from the office and within seconds that I took off my eyes from the road to look at the phone, traffic had stopped and I hit a swift infront of me. His back bumper got bent and slightly torn. My other car Cruze suffered small bend in the number plate and the front bumper came out slightly from the wheel arch panel. I apologised to the Swift owner and asked him to follow me to workshop so that we can get an estimate that I can pay him. I was expecting a burn in my pocket with repairs to Swift and my Cruze. We went to Sai colorium and Mr Ramachandra was there. He quoted only 1500Rs for repairing swift bumper and as for as my cruze he just pushed the bumper and it went in and fit perfectly.

I have taken delivery of my Palio and I am very happy with the work done. Even the wheel rims where painted. I now need to replace the left head light, number plates and my car will look as good as new.

Before snaps:

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-palio_before1.jpg

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-palio_before2.jpg

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-palio_before3.jpg

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-palio_before4.jpg

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-palio_before5.jpg

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-palio_before6.jpg

After:

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-palio-after1.jpg

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-palio-after2.jpg

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-palio-after3.jpg

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-palio-after4.jpg

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-palio-after5.jpg

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-palio-after6.jpg

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-palio-afterlast.jpg
Mr Narayan with the painter.

Last edited by pach : 10th February 2013 at 15:12.
pach is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 15:42   #123
BHPian

any idea if insurance can be claimed on the work done at Sai Colorium?
Old 1st April 2013, 16:02   #124
Senior - BHPian

guys, what is the mode of payment at Sai? will be going there for accident repairs on my car, so wanted to check with folks who have already availed their service.
Old 1st April 2013, 16:18   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
any idea if insurance can be claimed on the work done at Sai Colorium?
Yep! they do help you with insurance claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
guys, what is the mode of payment at Sai? will be going there for accident repairs on my car, so wanted to check with folks who have already availed their service.
Did you mean Cash/Card etc? If yes, I paid through my credit card after all the work was completed to my satisfaction just before taking delivery.
naut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 19:33   #126
Senior - BHPian

Got my friends Alto fully repainted. As usual they did a splendid job and well in time. They also asked to come back after 15 days for one more round of waxing.
So one more happy customer from Sai Colorium.
Great work from Mr.Khan and his team.
Old 3rd April 2013, 21:33   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As far as i know , they accept card and cash both .
Accident ? when and how ?
Hope nothing serious or getting the damage fixed caused by the bike incident before the Tbhp meet day ?
Old 3rd April 2013, 21:56   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
As far as i know , they accept card and cash both .
Accident ? when and how ?
Hope nothing serious or getting the damage fixed caused by the bike incident before the Tbhp meet day ?
yeah, that one and a week or so later, got slightly t-boned. there is damage to the right rear door and scratch on the rear panel.
Old 30th April 2013, 13:35   #129
BHPian

My friend has a 2006 Honda City. And, unfortunately all the four doors have rusted. The outer color has bubbles and now the body colored loose shell is falling off. Honda is suggesting to replace the doors. Is this the right approach? Or just get all the doors repaired at Sai Colorium? Honda is telling that, other parts attached to the door (example, window slider motor) are rusting because of this. This looks like a shoddy quality job from Honda, but anyways has to get this fixed now.

Do you guys suggest to change the doors entirely or Sai Colorium can fix this?

Any help on this is appreciated.

The rusted parts look exactly same, as in the links below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2108652
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...tml#post231379

Last edited by Selective : 30th April 2013 at 13:37.
Old 30th April 2013, 14:47   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They accept cash and card. I used my card when I went there. Hope the car's damage isnt severe.
Old 17th July 2013, 16:03   #131
Senior - BHPian

Prelude from VW Whitefield (Apple Auto thread)
"Looks like I spoke a little early on this service center . This time my visit was to fix a dented running board. As usual i had to wait for one hour for SA to be assigned. Then come the joke that the work will cost 25K and it will take 12days to get the car back. The dent was very much similar to BHPian souravc's Vento as explained in this thread. Mine was even milder.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...mpleted-8.html
But the adviser and his manager insisted on running board replacement and was not even willing to make a try. Frustrated for wasting 2 hour, I drove straight to Sai colorium and got a quote of 1.8K for the same job. So never ever approach these kind of disinterested SCs for minor body works."

Got the car delivered today from Sai Colorium. I would rate the work, finish and the customer service excellent. Thanks to Anant and Narayan. It was a pleasant experience to interact with them.Attaching the 'after' picture. Sorry that i don't have 'before' picture. But it was almost similar to the dent mentioned in the above link but the cost was only one third.
Attached Thumbnails
Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-polo.jpg  

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-imag0122.jpg  

Last edited by poloman : 17th July 2013 at 16:15.
poloman is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 14:27   #132
BHPian

Gone there for the rear fender and door tinkering and painting. Also asked for the touch ups for front and back bumper scratches. Got a shock - as it was 11.5K. Came back and looking for an cheaper alternate place. My friend also had similar experience and got it done somewhere else.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 14:55   #133
Senior - BHPian

Assuming this is for a Swift, the corresponding denting and painting charges from MSM would be 3500 for each fender and door and 4500 for each bumper.
Counting the items listed below charges would total up to 16K. I got these rates here in Dilli for work to be done on my Swift. None of the garages/organised workshops believe in quoting for partial repair though it is obvious as to that is exactly what they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Gone there for the rear fender and door tinkering and painting. Also asked for the touch ups for front and back bumper scratches. Got a shock - as it was 11.5K. Came back and looking for an cheaper alternate place. My friend also had similar experience and got it done somewhere else.
Old 3rd January 2014, 14:25   #134
Senior - BHPian

Looks like I spoke a little too early on Sai Colorium. Few good feedbacks have gone in to their heads.My last few experiences with have been truly disastrous. Last time I gave my Polo for bumper touch up and running board repair. The bill came to whopping 5000. I was in a hurry, so did not pay much attention to work. But the results were pretty average with lot of dust on painted parts, Even worse, after washing the car became a cobweb of swirl marks all over. Obviously dirty clothes were used for wash and wipe.
Still I decided to approach them once again for a minor scratch on bumper which requires only half bumper painting. The figure quoted was 3000 incl tax. Now I spent fuel in travelling from Whitefield to JP Nagar and got a quote equal if not less than a VW SC which is a stone throw away. I plainly rejected the quote and came back and got a quote of 1500 from Trend automobiles. This is plain ridiculous.

Last edited by poloman : 3rd January 2014 at 14:30.
poloman is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 11:41   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

I had the misfortune of experiencing their below par work last year June and have posted the same on one of the previous pages of this thread. Their quality has gone down and they cut corners . They don't stand highly recommended any more.

Most Viewed