Not recommended 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2011, 19:00   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
My Verna ......... Quoted me 2.5k for the rear bumper and 1k for the front bumper painting. Lets see how it goes. Will post pics once I get the car back.
Can you post your repair job pics? I have a bad dent on my right front bumper of NHC and a smaller bump on the left side. Wanted to check if they do a good job, and how much it costed you.
Old 27th August 2011, 23:08   #47
BHPian

I wonder what'd cost on an entire jeep (short chassis) job. Are the good in body work too or only for the painting part of it.

Andy
Old 29th August 2011, 13:34   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Can you post your repair job pics? I have a bad dent on my right front bumper of NHC and a smaller bump on the left side. Wanted to check if they do a good job, and how much it costed you.
Hi,

Wil do it shortly, they have done a really cool job.
Old 3rd September 2011, 01:27   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Wil do it shortly, they have done a really cool job.
Hi Hrman,

Sorry for the delay in uploading pics. They have done a very neat job on the rear bumper.

-Sajan
Attached Thumbnails
Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-img2011083100073.jpg  

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-img2011083100074.jpg  

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-img2011083100075.jpg  

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-img2011083100076.jpg  

Old 3rd September 2011, 01:29   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
I wonder what'd cost on an entire jeep (short chassis) job. Are the good in body work too or only for the painting part of it.

Andy
Andy,

I did see a Jeep being turned into a Jeep Wrangler. 1st look told me that I spotted a wrangler but later on close inspection it was a M&M getting a complete makeover.

-Sajan
sajands is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 11:22   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

The last time I went there for getting skirts for my car, I saw two jeeps all ready for a complete makeover. After speaking to Ramesh I came to know that they are ready for a complete body makeover.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 12:23   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Hrman,

Sorry for the delay in uploading pics. They have done a very neat job on the rear bumper.

-Sajan
Thanks Sajan. Looks like they have done a good job. Will take my ride to them and see what they have to quote.
Old 15th October 2011, 12:53   #53
J.Ravi

Just now, I voted for 'Highly Recommended' as my Linea was wonderfully treated by Sai Colorium. Details are here.

Old 24th November 2011, 22:09   #54
BHPian

A lot of positive reviews for this place now makes me think of taking my Getz to get a minor dent on the running board and rear bumper fixed. Also a zig zag scratch on the hood done by some local kids is a eyesore.

I read somewhere that Sai Colorium has an outlet in Whitefield. Anyone has reviews about the Whitefield outlet? Please share.

Thanks

Srinath
Old 25th November 2011, 10:13   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hey srinath34 I don't know about the outlet in Whitefield, but like many I can vouch for the workmanship here.

Ananth (owner) and Mr Khan (Service chief) are kind people who will listen to your issue before addressing them thoroughly. I had my Getz painted from this place sometime back and they did an excellent job of covering up a "Fender Bender" accident I had.

Only thing I did not like is that the facility is huge and they seem to bundle all cars together which causes a space constraint. But for this, the price for the work they do is really commendable since they have an enclosed painting booth to prevent any Dust contamination.

P.S - I am not associated with Sai Colorium or with any of its products.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 25th November 2011 at 10:16.
Old 25th November 2011, 11:06   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey srinath34 I don't know about the outlet in Whitefield, but like many I can vouch for the workmanship here.
Where are they located in Whitefield? I want to get some scratches (large ones) painted.
Old 25th November 2011, 11:53   #57
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
I read somewhere that Sai Colorium has an outlet in Whitefield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Where are they located in Whitefield?
Sai Colorium does not have an outlet at Whitefield. This is their website.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 25th November 2011 at 11:56.

Old 2nd January 2012, 01:45   #58
Senior - BHPian

Lancer rear suspension work

Wanted to mention here, that Sai Colorium are also doing additional jobs like servicing, suspension, engine cylinder head replacement etc these days. I used to be a skeptic having tested their and other workshops' knowledge about my Lancer, and not having a high opinion of work outside Lancer A.S.S. in BLR.
But alteast for Lancer and Mitsu, they seem to have a couple of guys who are ex-Lathangi and were trained for the same. Please see my experience with rear suspension strut replacement which I felt was a very well done job!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-work-90k.html

I saw 3 to 4 Lancers being worked on from regular servicing, to accident repair to engine head /valve replacement /repair (due to timing belt snapping)

Disclaimer: I still feel A.S.S. maybe better for work like engine, suspension etc, so please use discretion based on the kind of job and your own assessment, costs etc ...

Last edited by lancer_rit : 2nd January 2012 at 01:51.
Old 4th January 2012, 10:25   #59
Senior - BHPian

Wheel Alignment @ Sai Colorium

Last time, I did rear strut replacement at Sai Colorium, decided to do a wheel alignment as is sensible.

Sai Colorium does not have its own wheel alignment or balancing facility. They take the car to another facility some ~2-3km away. Takes about 10 minutes depending on traffic I guess.
This facility is a "manual" wheel alignment facility, and they do not really have any car model specific information on wheel alignment etc. They align toe using a thread on the side of the front and rear wheels, and measure caster/camber with scales - to the best of what I understood, it can show resolution of only 0.5degrees. Also, no way to get a printout of the settings for future reference since there is no computer involved !

The standard charge for wheel alignment seems steep at Rs. 450/- :-( My regular tyre shop, Sai Iyengar in CMH road, takes Rs. 250 (used to be Rs. 200) with computerized alignment!

I am rather specific about wheel alignment, looking at toe, camber, caster, SAI, setback etc. Also, my car has camber adjustment for rear wheels :-) Perfect toe-in is 0deg for front wheels, 0deg6min for rear wheels for my Lancer. Max deviation is +/- 0deg9min.
So, for my needs, I definitely can't recommend wheel alignment at Sai Colorium - infact, I did wheel alignment again immediately afterwards at the tyre shop. Too expensive, too limited, inconvenient and inaccurate!

For body work, painting and even my strut replacement experience, I am definitely very happy though.

Last edited by lancer_rit : 4th January 2012 at 10:27.
Old 4th January 2012, 10:33   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment @ Sai Colorium

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
For body work, painting and even my strut replacement experience, I am definitely very happy though.
Body work is their specialty and mainstay.

Most Viewed