Team-BHP - Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/82714-dedicated-automotive-body-care-sai-colorium.html)

Services offered:
Dedicated Complete automotive body care. Painting, denting, polishing et al

What I like:
Dedicated shop. They only do body work. Very professional services, coupled with a great attitude and at a price point way lesser than an A.S.S. I had been searching for a dedicated car-body shop and this came across like a shot-in-the-arm.

They have a paint booth and computer-involved paint-matching. They had also painted the alloy wheels on Jaggu's car to a shade he wanted and baked it to a professional finish. I leave my car atleast once every 4 months for a complete "body massage" treatment to iron out all dings, micro scratches etc. The result: my car that looks more presentable than when it came out of the showroom at a price point that appears silly in today's inflationary economy.

What I don't like:
Nothing actually. The only thing I can think of is that their access road is quite narrow !

Speciality / USP:
Dedicated car body services as their core business.

Contact Information

SPOC: Ananth (proprietor)
URL: - Home

Address:
64/2, 1st Phase, G M Garden, 5th Cross, Sarakki Main Road, J P Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560078

Map:
Google Maps

@themag,
How about wax and polishing ? Any idea ? If yes, what do they use, 3M or any other brand ?
I remember you had mention about this somewhere in an very old thread and but i am unable to get that information now.

rk_sans,

Its end-end body-care that they offer, which includes a package for washing, minor denting, scratch removal, waxing and polishing - exteriors and interiors. Its this package that I go in for.

My experience so far is on painting my F.Red Palio since paint was faded due to chemical drop. I can vouch for their quality of service. Rates are also comparable to any booth painting shops and very less compared to Company A.S.S. They use Akzonobel which is a Netherland made paint (infact my customer :)) which is known for its quality.

Thanks MAG, its useful for all Bengaloreans who are victims of the pathetic traffic conditions.

@ theMag,
What is the cost of the package that you mentioned?

Sometime back, i have a dent on my rear door, which also had to be painted. Got it done at a local garage. There is a clear difference in paint and i am not happy about it.
Just wanted to know whether they do patch work, as in painting just the small area that I want to?
Regards,
Zteg

zteg,

I would suggest you have a direct discussion with them for accurate pricing applicable, although I personally am charged Rs 1200

I've been happy at the color matching done on my car when I had them repaint a small area voluntarily.

That is something good to hear. 1200 Rs sounds reasonable. Hyundai charges me 800 Rs for cleaning up the interiors alone
Thanks theMAG. Will try him sometime

I've been to their shop.

What i like:

1) Wonderful location, out of all the pollution
2) Excellent team
3) State of the art paint booth
4) Neat finish
5) Modern day gadgets

What i did not like:

1) Excessive use of metal paste.

That last part is sufficient to spoil the wonderful paint job in the long run.

What could have been a phenomenal paint shop, turned just average.

But heard, they are extremely good at car detailing. Will try them once.

Do they offer a complete Body work? Like Body Re-Building and painting?

--Sree--

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan (Post 1916170)
Do they offer a complete Body work? Like Body Re-Building and painting?

--Sree--

Yup. As I said, they're an end-end facility. I've seen many vehicles being rebuilt from ground-up. I'd even seen a beautifully proportioned 2-door Mustang-replica made from a Conti.

in 1200 that you mentioned...what all is included? Does it include minor dents and scratches including fixing of the gap between bumper and main body that usually occurs in zen model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 1916061)
rk_sans,

Its end-end body-care that they offer, which includes a package for washing, minor denting, scratch removal, waxing and polishing - exteriors and interiors. Its this package that I go in for.

Thanks for the info. But still one more question. Which brand is used for polishing ? 3M or any other brand.

I got my lancer painted from them. Though the paint quality is good but the level of transparency as to what they are using and other nitty gritties are hard to get. They missed the target by a long shot. There were still some things remaining to be done. I had to keep the car with them after a few days. They did not reduce the bill by much. I would go there again if I have no other choice. I had a so so experience for the money they quoted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 1916265)
in 1200 that you mentioned...what all is included? Does it include minor dents and scratches including fixing of the gap between bumper and main body that usually occurs in zen model.

As I mentioned earlier, it includes minor denting and scratch fixing. I dont know about the Zen bumper part since mine is a Swift. Best to talk to them when leaving the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk_sans (Post 1916397)
Thanks for the info. But still one more question. Which brand is used for polishing ? 3M or any other brand.

I really have no idea.

I strongly recommend Sai Colorium for a reasonably high quality job at VFM prices. Being the dealer for AxoNobel/ICI, they provide a good price and have the necessary painting expertise.

Also, Ananth and Khan etc are pretty approachable and are willing to discuss / suggest options. They are also helpful in sourcing parts like Depo headlamps, tail lamps, front grille etc for a reasonable price in case you don't want to use OEM parts from the A.S.S. due to high costs.

Please see my detailed report on my Lancer painting job from the existing "whereto paintjob in BLR" thread !

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...tml#post887679

Minus points that I saw are mostly about somewhat "careless' manner in which they disassemble and store the parts/fittings, and the "overcrowded" nature of workshop despite its large dimensions...

PS -If If someone wants to reach Sai Colorium using the Google maps location (as posted by TheMAG), good luck to you. I had tried it the first time, and it didn't work out (since the Google maps location is completely off), and I had to call them to lead me there. Suggest mods to correct the google maps location manually.
Here is the right location:
12.913574, 77.578006 - Google Maps

The imp. directions are : Take right from Sarakki Main Road at Indira Gandhi (I.G. Circle) which has a large gate on the left side (while coming from Bannerghatta road side). Take the 3rd left turn (small road, look for Motorcraft board on the road) and proceed to the end of the road. The 4th left turn will also do)