Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly recommended 32 71.11%
Recommended 10 22.22%
NOT recommended 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2013, 14:40   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)

Has your car been run with a puncture or underinflated tyre?
Old 27th September 2013, 15:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Has your car been run with a puncture or underinflated tyre?
No Nikhil, no punctures at all, do not remember any instance where the pressure had dropped alarmingly, maximum I have seen is a drop in the range of 1-2 PSI in a span of 2-3 weeks. I do inflate the tyres to 1 PSI more than the manufacturer recommended pressure (32PSI front and 31 rear) and never under-inflate them.
In fact Mr. Irfan , the mechanic who attended me straightaway asked me the same question. When I cleared that part, he was of the opinion that then it could be due to some stone getting stuck inside the wheel well. But to support that theory, we did not see any marks inside the well too. Or could it be a case of the tyre rubbing against the side/shoulder of the roads, by any chance? I did have to get out of the road on to the shoulder on the ghats for allowing oncoming vehicles to pass a couple of times during my Kerala drive a couple of weeks ago. What do you say?
BTW, Irfan was really helpful and he did explain everything very clearly.
Old 27th September 2013, 15:22   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

It could be that the road conditions were bad and they may have scraped the tyre. What "damage" you see is not too bad. It is quite minor and more superficial than anything else.
Old 27th September 2013, 15:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
It could be that the road conditions were bad and they may have scraped the tyre. What "damage" you see is not too bad. It is quite minor and more superficial than anything else.
May be then the road would have been the culprit. The folks at your shop did warn me against using this as a regular tyre and was of the opinion that I was lucky that it did not burst.
I just read that you would join for the meet this sunday, will show you the damage, please do recommend whether I should go for a new tyre or continue using this one as a spare tyre. The other 4 are in good condition and run only 12.5 K KMs.
Old 6th October 2013, 14:38   #35
BHPian

Going to TP for the last 6+ years for WA and WB. They do a real professional job.

I have bought tyres also earlier and stopped now as I found it is slightly expensive compared to other places. They also do not come down on the price. Looks like recently they increased the charges for WB and WA as well.
Old 15th October 2013, 14:25   #36
BHPian

I am a regular at Tyre Professionals. I have been going there for the past 3 years. There isn’t a single occasion when I was disappointed with their work. They have a very professional, courteous and technically sound staff.

Want to call out a few names here: Irfan & Zameer (wheel guys; technically sound and very courteous), Lokesh (wheel alignment), Nayak, Mahadev, Sunil, Satya and Prasanna. There are a couple of other guys, but I forgot their names.

Even during busy/rush hours no customer is sent back, even if it’s a minor job such as air top up or a puncture.

Awesome people to deal with. Keep it up.
Dolphin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 21:03   #37
BHPian

I am a regular at Tyre Professionals for repairing punctures. All the technicians are very courteous and helpful.
Nice Overall experience.

Regards

Samish
samish_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 23:18   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been on saturday to Tyre Professionals to get the regular alignment and rotation done. Very quick and as per the name professional. They did wheel rotation free of cost too whereas the damn guys at the ASC charge extra for that.

Did not have rotation in mind as I thought of a 10k kms interval. However changed my mind since the alignment bay was busy They never hesitated to do the extra job and immediately got to work. Dont mind paying extra for the amount of work involved. Overall cost is definitely very much worth since the ASC charges a lot more.

Keep up the good work. Have been there for WA/WR/WB each and every time and inspite of varying levels of crowd and different cars, the treatment given is always the same. Just ensure you maintain the same standard. Since its been the same from a couple of years, I can bet it will be the same in the future too. Need to get my SX4 aligned sometime this week. Had planned to get both cars yesterday but since my dad was not keeping well we couldnt get them together.
Old 24th April 2015, 09:30   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Hunter Roadforce is available in Tyre Professionals now. Visited the place on Tuesday for a routine alignment for SX4 and saw the new machine. There was no complaints from my side except for a slight pull to the left sometimes. For curiosity I tried the roadforce. Brilliant piece of equipment I must say. It found out that three of my tyres had gone hard. Guess its because of the age and they are anyways due for replacement.

Another surprise I found was in the report it clearly showed that before balancing the car pulled to the left (75N). After the balancing and rotation as per it's suggestion, the pull reduced to 5N right. That is quite an accurate measurement.

But, again in alignment, the toe of the left wheel was outwards and right wheel slightly inwards, is overall direction was slightly to the left. Hence this caused the left pull. But how will the roadforce predict this one too without knowing alignment values?

End of the day, the problem is solved and there is zero pulling in the car. But I was surprised how the alignment and balancing machines work independently and yet suggest the right combination of tyres and the expected pull.
Old 22nd June 2015, 23:46   #40
BHPian

The air pressure in the Left Front tyre of my Etios was decreasing consistently (from 33 psi to about 25 psi over a week or so) which was a cause of worry. I promptly got it checked at Tyre Professionals, Basavanagudi. The culprit was an old puncture. The hole had widened due to another damage at the same location and the seal was not able to control the air leak. The technicians tried to repair it by adding another puncture strip, but were unable to arrest the leakage. It was here the supervisors stepped in and advised me to go for vulcanizing the tyre and use it as a spare tyre. Though apprehensive initially, I was assured by them that there would be no problem at all. In fact, they showed me another tyre on which they had applied a "patch" after vulcanizing. I decided to go ahead and got the tyre the next day. They were kind enough to change the tyre on the spare wheel (steel disc) to the running wheel (alloy wheel) and do the balancing at a discount. (In Etios, even in the higher grades, the spare wheel disc is a steel one, whereas the running wheels are alloys). In the process of assembling the tyre to the disc, I was really impressed by the knowledge of the technician, Mr. Paul. He was well aware of the point of matching the Yellow mark on the tyre to the valve and then assembling the tyre. Many other tyre repair shops are unaware of this minor detail which goes a long way to reduce tyre vibrations and also requires less balance weights.

Great Job

Regards,

Samish
Old 3rd September 2015, 12:22   #41
Senior - BHPian

Went to Tyre Professionals yesterday to get new tyres!

I had called up Nikhil beforehand, once I reached the store all I had t say was I need a tyre change, rest was all set in motion! Opted for road force balancing and alignment as well.

The car waiting its turn

Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-1.jpg

All wheels removed

Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-2.jpg

New tyres!

Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-3.jpg

Out with the old, in with the new!

Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-4.jpg

Yesterday was the 25th Anniversary of Tyre Professionals being open! Congratulations to the team and wishing them lot more successful years ahead!
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 21:33   #42
BHPian

Tyre professionals has to start providing appointments. I visited Tyre professionals twice in past 3 weeks and have failed to get alignment done.

First visit during weekday around 5 PM, advisor politely said he cannot get it done as there are too many vehicles waiting. Following weekend i called to take prior appointment, advisor said no need to take appointments. Drove close to 35 kms from outskirts of Electronic City to Basavanagudi reached by 3PM, advisors said it would take 2 to 3 hours due to weekend rush.

Quite disappointed with service, will switch to Madhu's in Langford Rd for future alignments.
maximus. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 22:19   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Either place make sure you are there early enough. 9.30 am should be fine.
Old 9th January 2016, 21:42   #44
Senior - BHPian

I was having issues with my car where it was pulling more towards the left even after trying to get it fixed at the FASS. So today since I was being free went to tyre professionals at around 11 AM. I did not have prior appointment but luckily the time I went, there was only one car being worked. I went and informed them the issues in the car .

They checked on the road force machine and said that its time to change the tires as there was lot of wobbling. So finally bought yokohoma earth 1 tires (185/65) . The entire set up and the way they completed the transaction was very good.

Old tyre :
Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-img_3920.jpg

New ones :
Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-img_3919.jpg
Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-img_3922.jpg

Got the wheel alignment also checked and it was corrected. A big to roadforce and hunter machine. Brilliant! Sorry did not take many pictures as I was busy looking at the machine and how it works.

Got a good deal as well on the set of four tires. Also co incidentally my friend watsapped me around same time asking for a good tire shop for changing on his santro. Called him immediately and recommended the same shop. He came within an hour and got the same Earth 1 branded tires with a sweet deal as per him.

P.S : People over there were very helpful in making me understand how each thing works. Also they were very happy seeing Tbhp stickers on my ride! Good thing was the compliment I got for maintaining the car in good condition.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 10:11   #45
BHPian

Went there yesterday to fill N2 in the tyres. A very small job of course but it was attended to with care and concern, with proper answers to all questions asked.
A big thanks to Mr. Nayak.
arao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks